Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a little post game thread action for you all.

The Celtics were down by as many as 11 in this game, but came back to win 86-84. The two point margin of victory was the Celtics biggest lead of the game. The Celtics won the game on a Mark Blount tip-in that put the Celtics up by 1 with 48 seconds left and a Mike James free throw made it a two point victory.

Paul Pierce led the team in scoring with 29 and shot 12-24 from the field, 2-3 from three and 3-6 from the line to go with his 8 boards, 3 assists, and 3 steals. Mark Blount had a very impressive game with 16 points (7-10 from the field) and 7 boards including 6 offensive (the team had 8). Walter McCarty played 46 minutes and had 14 points and five boards. Mike James had 9 from the starting PG spot as well as 3 boards and 5 assists. Jiri Welsch struggled with 8 points on 1-9 shooting (6-7 on FTs) and six boards. Ricky Davis had 7 off the bench and Marcus Banks had 3. Those ten points were the entire offensive output for the Celtics' bench. Vincent Baker, Jumaine Jones, Christopher Mihm and Brandon Hunter did not play in this game. Michael Stewart had 10 minutes of action and had 2 fouls and a turnover.

The Heat had a very ballanced attack with five players in double figures. Udonis Haslem led with 18 points and 17 boards (7 offensive). Lamar Odom had 12 points, 14 boards (4 offensive), and 9 assists. Eddie Jones was the second leading scorer with a McCarty-esque 17 points on 6-16 shooting including 5-13 from three to go with his three boards. Caron Butler had 12 and 7 boards and Rafer Alston had 11 points and 7 assists.

The Celtics were outrebounded 52-34 and 11-8 on the offensive glass. They stayed in the game by shooting 30 free throws to the Heat's 14 and also winning the turnover battle, 17-11.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That's how impt. Mc Carty is to the coach. An MVP type of player isn't it ? to a coach who is so pressured to win to save his job.

He uses an 8 player rotation to secure the win, thus depriving the rookies the chance to gain confidence. This is against a weak team such as Miami.

Dear Mr. Ainge, How long does we fans have to wait until you come to your senses and fire the coach.

There are more qualified coaches out there. Pls open your eyes. before it's too late, Mr. Ainge.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hunter didnt play..so I dont care. Mihm and Baker didnt play, so that left Blount, Hunter, McCarty, and Stewart for big men. Blount played well, Hunter got a DNP McCarty played 46 minutes and had 14 points, but just about anyone can score 14 with those kind of minutes. Stewart plyed 10 minutes, had 2 fould and a TO, no rebounds. I dont see why Hunter didnt get into this game. Even if it was a few garbage minutes, its still something.

We got the W, barely, against a bad team. Hopefully everyone is getting worn down and Obie will be forced to get his young guys off the bench.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>andy787</b>!
That's how impt. Mc Carty is to the coach. An MVP type of player isn't it ? to a coach who is so pressured to win to save his job.

He uses an 8 player rotation to secure the win, thus depriving the rookies the chance to gain confidence. This is against a weak team such as Miami.

Dear Mr. Ainge, How long does we fans have to wait until you come to your senses and fire the coach.

There are more qualified coaches out there. Pls open your eyes. before it's too late, Mr. Ainge.

OMG, did WALTAH play more minz than Pierce? WHAT THE HELL? BAKER AND HUNTER DNP AND WALTAH 46 MINUTES ANF PIERCE 41 WTF I CAN"T TAKE THIS

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Apparently, McCarty is so valuable, he can only be off the court for 2 minutes. I'm even questioning whether he was really off the court that long, as I don't remember ever not seeing him. What a wonderful job he did of keeping Haslem and Odom off the boards. That's just the inside presence we need. Blount is essentially guarding and rebounding against two guys by himself. Is OB even watching McCarty? Is he really seeing McCarty's play and saying to himself "Man, we need more of that"? Sure, he hits timely threes, but they wouldn't need those timely threes if they weren't playing from behind all the time. Even though McCarty is shooting a pretty good percentage frorm 3 pt land, I still cringe whenever he takes one. It reminds me of how lazy they can be on offense and how many better shots they could be passing up. The only thing worse than seeing McCarty take a three is seeing him fake a three and then go one on one. That's ugly.

I hope Pierce continues to play like he did last night. He shot a much better percentage because he didn't bring the ball up the court much and wasn't running the offense much. He was running around inside and taking shots coming off screens. He only took 3 threes and made two of them. I thought his shot selection was pretty decent, and it paid off. He did dribble into traffic a couple times, but he got lucky and didn't turn it over much. The time when he lost the ball, picked it up, and spun to the hoop for a layup was kinda funny. Nine times out of ten that would've been a turnover. I hope he doesn't have to rely on luck to score, though. His assists were low, but several of his teammates weren't shooting well - namely Jiri who accounts for a lot of Pierce's assists. I'm still waiting for some consistency on offense from Ricky Davis. I do like his rebounding and defense.

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
Mcarty: 5 rebounds

Odom: 14 rebounds
Haslem: 17 rebounds

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MiamiHeat03</b>!
Mcarty: 5 rebounds

Odom: 14 rebounds
Haslem: 17 rebounds
Right. And just think what would have happened if Brian Grant had been playing. The Celtics were lucky to beat a depleted team that, fortunately for them, couldn't throw the ball into the ocean in the 4th quarter.

I keep asking, "Danny, were you watching?" Well according to the Herald, Danny WAS watching and was not very happy. Welcome to the club, Danny.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mrsister</b>!
Apparently, McCarty is so valuable, he can only be off the court for 2 minutes. I'm even questioning whether he was really off the court that long, as I don't remember ever not seeing him. What a wonderful job he did of keeping Haslem and Odom off the boards. That's just the inside presence we need. Blount is essentially guarding and rebounding against two guys by himself. Is OB even watching McCarty? Is he really seeing McCarty's play and saying to himself "Man, we need more of that"? Sure, he hits timely threes, but they wouldn't need those timely threes if they weren't playing from behind all the time. Even though McCarty is shooting a pretty good percentage frorm 3 pt land, I still cringe whenever he takes one. It reminds me of how lazy they can be on offense and how many better shots they could be passing up. The only thing worse than seeing McCarty take a three is seeing him fake a three and then go one on one. That's ugly.

I hope Pierce continues to play like he did last night. He shot a much better percentage because he didn't bring the ball up the court much and wasn't running the offense much. He was running around inside and taking shots coming off screens. He only took 3 threes and made two of them. I thought his shot selection was pretty decent, and it paid off. He did dribble into traffic a couple times, but he got lucky and didn't turn it over much. The time when he lost the ball, picked it up, and spun to the hoop for a layup was kinda funny. Nine times out of ten that would've been a turnover. I hope he doesn't have to rely on luck to score, though. His assists were low, but several of his teammates weren't shooting well - namely Jiri who accounts for a lot of Pierce's assists. I'm still waiting for some consistency on offense from Ricky Davis. I do like his rebounding and defense.

No comment about McCarty because thinking of him makes me sick. You are right, Pierce had a much better game and as we all can see, once he doesn't have to take the ball up, which he shuldn't at all unless he has a fast break or unforeseen circumstances, and totally run the offense thru him, we have beTTer results, even though we let this one get down to the wire, but that was b/c of our REBOUNDING, DO YOU GET IT OBIE WE CANNOT REBOUND WITH WALTER PLAYING GET IT?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
This Game Made me wanna Hurl!

This was one of the sickest displays I've seen yet. How we won I have no idea but we won by sheer luck at the very end by 1 point and they were without two of thier best players in Dwayne Wade and Brian Grant (and even when they have them they are not a good team).
What I saw in this game:
99999 minutes of Walter, I can't take it anymore. Can we take up a fund to buy out his contract, it's making me ill:sour: It's not his fault, it's Obie's!!!
A much much too long cameo appearance by Michael Stewart who looked completely inept at best, I think he had 0 rebounds and 0 points but oh yeah he did get a 3 second violation!!! :no:
What I did not see in this game:
Chris Mihm, Vinny Baker, Brandon Hunter, Kendrick Perkins (still rotting on IL in favor of Stewart) WTF!!!!:upset: That is SO FREAKING STUPID I CAN'T TAKE IT! It's not that this team can't rebound, it's that Obie refuses to play anyone that rebounds. What do Mihm, Baker, Hunter, & Perkins all have in common -------they rebound well and they DO NOT shoot 3's:sigh:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Re: This Game Made me wanna Hurl!

Originally posted by <b>whiterhino</b>!
This was one of the sickest displays I've seen yet. How we won I have no idea but we won by sheer luck at the very end by 1 point and they were without two of thier best players in Dwayne Wade and Brian Grant (and even when they have them they are not a good team).
What I saw in this game:
99999 minutes of Walter, I can't take it anymore. Can we take up a fund to buy out his contract, it's making me ill:sour: It's not his fault, it's Obie's!!!
A much much too long cameo appearance by Michael Stewart who looked completely inept at best, I think he had 0 rebounds and 0 points but oh yeah he did get a 3 second violation!!! :no:
What I did not see in this game:
Chris Mihm, Vinny Baker, Brandon Hunter, Kendrick Perkins (still rotting on IL in favor of Stewart) WTF!!!!:upset: That is SO FREAKING STUPID I CAN'T TAKE IT! It's not that this team can't rebound, it's that Obie refuses to play anyone that rebounds. What do Mihm, Baker, Hunter, & Perkins all have in common -------they rebound well and they DO NOT shoot 3's:sigh:

The only thing I do know is that you arerighT. Mihm is hurt though, that's why he isn't playing.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I didn't realize that Mihm was hurt:sigh: Baker and Hunter could have played instead of McCarty and Stewart though, and Stewart should be put on IL so Kendrick Perkins can be activated. I saw a shot of the bench during the 4th quarter and Vinny and Brandon were sitting next to each other and Vin was holding a towel and looking like he wanted to rip it in half and Brandon was pulling on his pants like he was gonna turn into the hulk, those two had to be DISGUSTED by what was going on on the floor and the fact that they were STILL left on the bench and in favor of STEWART of all people, what is this team coming to:mad:
I know Vinny has his issues right now but I'll take him over McCarty and Stewart anytime, anywhere, under any circumstance. Same goes for Brandon and Kendrick.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>whiterhino</b>I know Vinny has his issues right now but I'll take him over McCarty and Stewart anytime, anywhere, under any circumstance. Same goes for Brandon and Kendrick.

:yes: :yes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts