Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
This will be an interesting game. First game with the new coach. Any word if griffen is going to play at all?

Hopefully we can beat a sixers squad with two of their starters out, especially since one is iverson. They got a lot of good players though, and you can't count them out.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
DC and AI are out. That takes a lot out of a team. 76ers are struggling as much as the Nets, and their own coach is under the spotlight. They still have some tough veterans, though, like Snow, McKie and Big Dog, who can do damage. They play defense and have a better interior presence.

The Nets still need to be careful, but they really have to beat themselves to lose this game.

Davis is aboard. Has Griffin been activated yet? In a way, it's harder to fit Griffin into the system than Davis because Griffin would take on a bigger role with bigger responsibilities.

Looking forward to finding out what Frank can do. Jeff Van Gundy is a high standard. I don't expect major changes in the system and rotation, at least for now, except for Scalabrine taking on a bigger role. As a team, I'd like to see the execution on defense, rebounding and the half-court pick up.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hate to make predictions, but with Iverson and DC out, and the Nets expected to play extra energized with a new coach, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a 20 point game at halftime. It should be fun to watch. Unfortunately, I'll be in class until 8:30, so I'll have to watch most of it on tape.

I'll be in a computer lab though, so I'd appreciate it if you guys keep me updated with any info that can't be found in the box score.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Augh! Not watching the game.

I'm actually curious about Rogers. Is he playing?

If so, I wonder if his half-arsed play under Scott was just a tank job all along and now emerges as the player the Nets expected him to be.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KrispyKreme23</b>!
Lawrence Frank is letting Zoran play in the first quarter instead of making Harris backup Kidd. Good Move :greatjob:
That's it? It's official? No more Harris/Kittles back-court?

·
Registered
903 Posts
They showed part of an interview with Frank and he said he is going to give Zoran a chance. He had a couple of nice passes out there in his couple of minutes.

As for Rodney Rogers.... 3 fouls in 1 minute when we are up by nearly 20. :|

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
He's dressed, just not playing.

Rogers did pick up a few quick fouls, but he looked good while he was out there. Running the floor with Zoran, and taking it hard to the court.

This game is pretty much alley-oop central from the Nets. Kidd is also looking good from behind the arc.

So far I'd say we look alot better tonight, and they're definitely playing with some motivation. Hopefully, it will last for a while.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Thanks for the update.

Man, I can't wait to go home and watch this thing. Good thing I set up the VCR for the game.

Rogers has the talent and his athleticism is back. It's about focus and effort with him, along with decision-making. I had high hopes for him when the Nets picked him up, so in a way, I'm willing to give him a trial period as a fan to see if he can play better with a new coach . . . not too long a trial period, though - I still like Veal better.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The play were Kidd was caught in the air under the basket and threw it up for K-Mart was the play of the year so far.

I was ecstatic that Zoran was the first off the bench, then immediately disappointed that Rogers was right behind him. Oh well.

Originally posted by <b>schub</b>!
I hate to make predictions, but with Iverson and DC out, and the Nets expected to play extra energized with a new coach, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a 20 point game at halftime.
:D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts