Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
<center>

Minnesota Timberwolves (31-13, 1st Place)
Last Game: Warriors 97 - 90 Timberwolves (1/28)

@

Los Angeles Lakers (27-15, 2nd Place)
Last Game: Lakers 96 - 82 Supersonics (1/28)

Friday, Jan. 30
7:30 pm
vs. Timberwolves
TV: FSN, NBALP
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330

Starting Lineups:

vs.

</center>

Big game Friday night as the standings look like this...

1. Sacramento (32-12, .727)
2. Minnesota (31-13, .704)
3. Lakers (27-15, .642)
4. Mavs (29-17, .630)
5. Spurs (30-18, .625)

Let's get this win!!!!

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
I'm pissed that they (ESPN) is showing the Cavs vs. Bucks instead of this game.:upset:

Nothing like watching two Eastern Conference powers battle it off, while two of the best teams in the league are playing at the same time. I'd much rather see LeBron vs. Michael Redd rather than KG vs. Shaq. :rolleyes:

Freakin ESPN.:upset:

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea you would think they'd want a good game.. Nothin against those other teams but really.. Who doesnt wanna see Garnett, Kobe, Shaq, Payton, Spree, Cassell, over Bron, Z, Boozer, Redd, Ford, and so on?

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
I have a feeling the Lakers are gonna take a loss on this one. Cassell will most likely torch us since Shaq isn't in good shape right now and isn't going to step out on the pick and pops.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Locke</b>!
I have a feeling the Lakers are gonna take a loss on this one. Cassell will most likely torch us since Shaq isn't in good shape right now and isn't going to step out on the pick and pops.
Actually, surprisingly enough, Shaq was stepping out and helping on the screens in his first game back from injury against the Sonics on Wednesday. Maybe it's a trend! :)

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
ok, i am joining you guys about this talk because unfortanatly, i feel like im talkin to myself on the wolves' boards.

ok, bad enough for the wolves, troy hudson is probable for this game, getting injured on the same ankle that kept him out for most of the season, so the wolves just resently signed pg darrick martin!!!:rolleyes: yea right......... the wolves keep losing depth and right now, the lakers will play them the weakest they have been all season......

i think shaq is gong to have...... 35 points today

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
I don't think Shaq will be given that many minutes tonight. he played 18 the other night against Seattle. Phil said the other day about 25 - 30 is likely for tonight.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Even without Kobe (and Malone...) we should be able to stop the Wolves in Staples...

I predict a 6 pts victory.

Shaq: 25 pts in 25 mnts;
Payton: 20 pts and 15 asts;
Medvedenko: 25 pts and 11 rbds.
:gopray:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
We'd win with Kobe, but I don't think we'll win without him. Shaq will have to have 30 and 15 and everyone else will have to do their thing for it to happen.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
im am taking the wolves, because we have kg, and better yet, a healthy one

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Cassell will outplay Payton

Sprewell will outplay Deveon

Garnett will outplay a hurt Shaq

Wolves should win this one, theres no excuse to lose...

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!
Cassell will outplay Payton

Sprewell will outplay Deveon

Garnett will outplay a hurt Shaq

Wolves should win this one, theres no excuse to lose...
And if the Lakers somehow manage to win this game, don't reply saying Minny gave the Lakers the game ;)

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Shaq is honestly just a waste of space out there right now. He looks like he's forgot how to play basketball.

·
20,601 Posts
Whats up with Cassell? Jesus he cant hit the broad side of a barn, nor can Sprewell! Thank god for KG

·
20,601 Posts
I have a new prediction

Cassell will go 3 for 30, and the T Wolves will end up with 40 points in the game... 9 points in the second quarter so far?! My GOD!!! Thats DISPICIBLE! The Hawks played better than this!!

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lakers 44 - Wolves 35 @ Halftime

GP: 10 pts, 4 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals
Shaq: 9 pts, 4 boards, 2 assists, 18 min
Rush: 7 pts, 6 boards, 3 assists
George: 2 pts, 1 board
Grant: 6 pts, 1 board
Fish: 4 pts, 1 board
Slava: 3 pts, 4 boards, 3 fouls
Luke: 3 pts, 1 board
Russell: 0 pts
Fox: 1 assist

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Good Lord! Finally Shaq is looking like a basketball player again and no one is giving him the ball! Our defense on Cassell and Sprewell is absolutely pathetic. We are going for ***** pumpfakes and they're getting wide open.

We couldn't throw a penny into the ocean right now.:(

1 - 20 of 40 Posts