Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Celtics are now 22-26 on the year and 3-7 in the last ten. Last night, they had a very awful game against the Knicks and lost 92-74. The Celtics shot 31.7% from the field, 9.5% from three, and 69% from the line. Shockingly enough, the Knicks had 25 TOs to the Celtics 21 and 47 boards to the Celtics 46. The Celtics were better on the offensive glass 20-14. For the Celitcs, Mark Blount led the team in scoring with a career high 22 points and also had 11 boards (5 offensive), three blocks and three steals. He was the only Celtic who shot more than twice and hit more than half. Paul Pierce had 11 points, 4 boards, 3 assists, 4 steals, and 4 turnovers, but shot 3-16 and 1-7 from three point land. Ricky Davis had 11 points and 4 boards, but shot 4-12 from the field. No other Celtic reached double figures.

The Celtics and Pacers last played on the second of January in a game that I attended and was dismayed by. In that game, Paul Pierce led the Cs with 18 points and had 9 boards to go with them, but no assists and shot 8-19 from the field. Mike James played well with 15 points and 8 assists, but had four turnovers. Jiri Welsch had 14 points (5-7 shooting from the field) and three boards. Ricky Davis had 11 points and 6 boards as well as four assists. They had no answer for Ron Artest who had 28 points and five boards. Jermaine O'Neal had 21 and 13. Reggie Miller had 18 points. Al Harrington had 17 and 10 (6 offensive). The Cs were outboarded 47-34 and only had 5 offensive boards.

The Celtics are not very likely to win this game. They've been playing poorly of late and the Pacers have been doing well. They enter this game 34-13 overall and 7-3 in the last ten and have won 13 of the last 16 dating back to their 94-86 victory against Memphis on the 29th of December.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
amazing.... it really looks like some of the C's have quit trying..... is this some sort of a players way to get back at Ainge for running OB out of town? Or do these guys just don't have heart? I mean, they are still in the playoffs, and they got another half of the season to grow and compete... I don't get how a playoff team can start giving up with so much of the season to go..... I mean, they're still in the playoffs! Why quit?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Pierce looks like hes not trying. Hes sitting on the bench, where he belongs, with 2 fouls. And the C's are playing better without him.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Now, Ainge should know how pathetic Walter is. PP played bad on the first half but he made it up on the second. However, if PP at least defended better on the first half and not allowing Artest owned him on the first quarter, we should come back home with a W.

Overall, it's a good lost by the C's, at least they played hard.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
At least it shows they aren't tanking on purpose. I believe they really wanted to win this one. Granted, O'Neal's departure gave them an opportunity to come back, but if it weren't for Croshere, I think the Celtics would have won. Is he the Waltah of the Pacers? He just stood out there waiting for them to kick it out to him, so he could nail a three. Unfortunately, it worked.

I just wish they could take the passion they have playing on the road and use it in the FleetCenter. The Knicks game was horrendous. They looked like a totally different team tonight. Their offense was really clicking tonight, save for a bad stretch in the fourth. It was just the defense in the first quarter that was terrible. Pierce looked like his old self in the second half. Maybe they should just bench him in the first half from now on. They kept the offense together while Pierce was out, and then when he came back in, they worked him in nicely rather than stopping to give him the ball right away on every play.

I don't know what to think of this team. I really think it's going to take a long time to get any sort of consistency. I guess I'll just have to wait and see like the rest of us. If I at least see the effort they put forth in this game, it'll keep them watchable. I don't know how many games like the Knicks one I could watch.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Jermaine O'Neil's injury was the only reason Indiana didn't make a run and keep it.

The Knicks seem to have gotten there act together and they have been together less then we have.

I still say they are tanking games on purpose. No one can play as bad as they did against the Knicks and not be doing it on purpose.
But hey, If that is the kind of Celtics Pride the fans want then by all means be that way (Not you MR sister. I am talking in general)
Danny Ainge wouldn't tank this game because it is against Larry legend.

Originally posted by <b>mrsister</b>!
At least it shows they aren't tanking on purpose. I believe they really wanted to win this one. Granted, O'Neal's departure gave them an opportunity to come back, but if it weren't for Croshere, I think the Celtics would have won. Is he the Waltah of the Pacers? He just stood out there waiting for them to kick it out to him, so he could nail a three. Unfortunately, it worked.

I just wish they could take the passion they have playing on the road and use it in the FleetCenter. The Knicks game was horrendous. They looked like a totally different team tonight. Their offense was really clicking tonight, save for a bad stretch in the fourth. It was just the defense in the first quarter that was terrible. Pierce looked like his old self in the second half. Maybe they should just bench him in the first half from now on. They kept the offense together while Pierce was out, and then when he came back in, they worked him in nicely rather than stopping to give him the ball right away on every play.

I don't know what to think of this team. I really think it's going to take a long time to get any sort of consistency. I guess I'll just have to wait and see like the rest of us. If I at least see the effort they put forth in this game, it'll keep them watchable. I don't know how many games like the Knicks one I could watch.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally posted by <b>lastlaugh</b>!

I still say they are tanking games on purpose. No one can play as bad as they did against the Knicks and not be doing it on purpose.
But hey, If that is the kind of Celtics Pride the fans want then by all means be that way (Not you MR sister. I am talking in general)
Danny Ainge wouldn't tank this game because it is against Larry legend.
So what you're saying is that you think Ainge is telling the team to intentionally lose?

Seriously?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>adamatic</b>!

So what you're saying is that you think Ainge is telling the team to intentionally lose?

Seriously?

disreagrd it, we arent intentionall losing, thas pure BS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts