Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Alls i can say is that the 76ers are terrible and the Lakers couldnt lose this one even if GP and Shaq were missing...

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!
Alls i can say is that the 76ers are terrible and the Lakers couldnt lose this one even if GP and Shaq were missing...
You obviously haven't followed the Lakers for the past several years. The Lakers frequently lose to the worst of teams on a regular basis. And now that Iverson basically called out his entire team the other day, and because these ARE the Lakers they'll be playing against, look for a big-time effort out of the 76ers. I say the Lakers win but it'll be a close one.

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Depends on how they respond to Iversons criticism...

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!
Depends on how they respond to Iversons criticism...
I wouldn't be surprised if they come out hungrier than ever, and play at a really high level.

We should be able to win this one, but it'll most probably be quite a close game.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
It will be a very close game, and count on Allen Iverson and Glenn Robinson to both have 20+ points. Kenny Thomas will probably get a double-double and Eric Snow will hit some clutch shots.

As long as the Lakers pound it in to Shaq, and we make our open shots, we should win.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Well you gotta believe after Iverson gave his team the probably biggest challenge in franchise history..you gotta think they wont slack around in this game...and you gotta remeber the sixers are probably still red hot after a loss to the toronto raptors...it was a blowout you gotta believe Sixers wish they could have back

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Payton gets ejected

So Gary got a technical for laughing over the 3 pt thing? Or was it lane violation? didnt understand that.

Now on the other hand the 2nd technical was pretty funny as he said "F*** you Joey" :rofl:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Re: Payton gets ejected

Originally posted by <b>Brian34Cook</b>!
So Gary got a technical for laughing over the 3 pt thing? Or was it lane violation? didnt understand that.

Now on the other hand the 2nd technical was pretty funny as he said "F*** you Joey" :rofl:
Hehe. Did he get the 2 technicals in quick succession?, coz on the NBA livescore it said he got them both at 3:10 in the first.
:sigh: 2 of the big 4 out injured and then the other 2 miss games(or parts of games) for using the F word.
Its not looking too good for the Lakers down by 18 half way through the 2nd :(

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Lakers guard Gary Payton was ejected in the first quarter against Philadelphia on Thursday night.

Payton was called for two straight technical fouls by referee Joey Crawford. Payton said something to Crawford as Allen Iverson was attempting free throws, then was hit with two quick whistles.

Payton Tossed

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
The Lakers are pathetic. I have honestly lost all faith in our team. We'll never have all our guys on the court, because people will keep getting injured or making dumbass comments and getting thrown out.

Shaq is just a piece of trash tonight. I'd much rather go 4 on 5 than have Shaq out there. He is an otrocious free-throw shooter, and he looks like he doesn't give a damn.

I hope he's benched for the rest of the night.

We won't win, and we won't score over 70, so it doesn't matter.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Halftime

Sixers 44 - Lakers 29

Payton: Ejected with only 1 assist in 1st Quarter
Fisher: 6 pts (2-7), 5 boards, 2 assists
George: 2 pts (1-5), 4 boards
SHAQ: 8 pts (3-7), 2-13 FT, 4 boards
Slava: 2 pts (1-5), 2 boards, 2 fouls
Carter: 5 pts (2-3), 2 TO's
Fox: 0 pts (0-3), 2 boards
Walton: 4 pts (4-4 FT), 2 boards, 3 assists
Grant: 2 pts (1-4), 4 boards
Russell: 0 pts (0-1), 4 min

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
It would be nice to see someone hit an open shot and play some defense.

So far, this is the worst the Lakers have played all-around in about 4 or 5 years, IMO.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts