Tuesday, Feb. 10
4:30 pm
at Heat
TV: KCAL 5:30pm, NBALP
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330

Starting Lineups:

vs.

</center>

Now before you laugh at Walton starting... Phil has said he's considering starting Luke over Slava. So if its not Luke starting it's Slava.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Wait wait wait -- he's considering starting Luke over Slava PERMENANTLY or just for this game?

EDIT: Actually, the question should be, is he starting Luke over Slava until Malone gets back.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phil Jackson said he would bench starting power forward Slava Medvedenko, probably in favor of the rookie Walton
More

I would guess for a little bit.. Slava hasnt been doing much lately.. Granted I dont know if I like this idea.. Yea Luke has been playing good but Juwan Howard was obviously taking advantage of the mis-match from Luke's defense yesterday !

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Phil Jackson said he would bench starting power forward Slava Medvedenko, probably in favor of the rookie Walton
What? That's really smart Phil. You bench Slava because he can't play defense, but now you are going to start someone who is going to get absolutley ABUSED in the post. Did Phil not see Juwan Howard dominate Walton? The Lakers might win a few games with Walton starting, but it is going to be just like Madsen last year, who started and helped us go on a nice win streak, but eventually he got exposed for his lack of offense. How long before Walton get's exposed for his lack of defense, not to mention he has little scoring ability. Plus, he and Payton's games do not mesh well.... First Fox starting over George and now this....

Oh and get the ball out of Fisher's hands or trade him right now. I am getting sick of watching him play like he is the best player on the court, when in reality he is horrible. Why give the ball to him when you have Shaq, Payton, or even Slava and Rush?

I always knew Payton wasn't a great shooter, but now that he is playing with us, I see he is a terrible shooter. He dominates the ball way too much, and takes way too many shots that he misses when he could pass inside to Shaq instead. And he is definitely not the Glove anymore. He is more like a broken window. Everything gets through.

Shaq has been playing better lately, but how is he going to play when Kobe gets back? He better stop being so selfish, and start playing. When Kobe gets back he better make smart decisions and not force so many shots.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Best game of the road trip by far, Fisher, Payton, Shaq and George all had OUTSTANDING games. It's great to see Fisher and George back on track. Great all-around game, well...except for the start.

However, I dread to think of tomorrow night's game:uhoh:.....if Kobe isn't back, I think we are in trouble.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Welcome back D-fish and D-george! Did they suddenly find their shot, or did they eat their Wheaties yesterday? Whatever it was, they need to do the same thing today.

Did anyone else hear the crowd cheering for the Lakers in the 2nd half? When Shaq went on his 8 point-I-can-be-a-point-guard-tear, I heard nothing but cheers.

Any nominations for POG? Shaq? Fish? George? Payton?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts