Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Game 50 Thread: Lakers vs Rockets

1K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Ghiman 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#5 ·
MIAMI — Kobe Bryant told Coach Phil Jackson on Tuesday that he hoped to play tonight in Houston, the Lakers' final game before Sunday's All-Star game.

Since Jan. 12, the night he bruised his shoulder against the Cleveland Cavaliers, Bryant has played two games — 67 minutes over a month. He sat out his seventh consecutive game Tuesday because of the finger he cut, in an accident in his garage.

"He says he'll play," Jackson said.

Bryant may play tonight

#6 ·
Even if Kobe plays, the key player is still gonna be Shaq. It's up to Shaq, like Locke said, if Shaq decides to show up and dominate Yao then we'll win, if not then it's gonna be a long game.

#7 ·
Lakers Activate Kobe Bryant

Lakers Activate Kobe Bryant
Feb 11, 5:49 PM (ET)

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) - Kobe Bryant was taken off the injured list by the Los Angeles Lakers before Wednesday night's game against the Houston Rockets.

Bryant missed seven games with a cut on his right index finger. He said he was hurt Jan. 29, when he accidentally put his hand through a glass window while trying to move boxes in his garage.

Because of the finger injury, a sprained right shoulder and a sore right knee, he missed 14 of the season's first 49 games.

Bryant entered Wednesday night's game averaging 21.7 points, 4.8 rebounds and 4.3 assists in 35 games. The Lakers were 31-18 entering their last game before the All-Star break.

Bryant was selected to start for the Western Conference in Sunday's All-Star game in Los Angeles.

To make room on the roster, forward/center Jamal Sampson went on the injured list with a sprained right ankle. Sampson has averaged 2.9 points and 5.2 rebounds in 10 games this season.

http://sports.iwon.com/news/02112004/v5462.html

#11 ·
Re: Re: Game 50 Thread: Lakers vs Rockets

Originally posted by <b>Laker Freak</b>!
Wow, I never noticed that you made each players head a link to their player file. You get 5 stars.
Thanks :) I just do that incase people dont know about the opponent's.. :grinning:

OT: Duke up 7 with 11 min left in 2nd half.. Great looks like this game wont be over in time of the Lakers game :sigh:

#20 ·
yikes, Yao starting to scare me.

#21 ·
Well, I had to go to my game, so I left when the score was 20-19 Houston. Looks like that was a good thing.

How awful was the second half?:sigh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.