Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have miscounted the actual game number. Game 51 is tonight against the Atlanta Hawks. The Celtics are 22-28 and are riding a five game losing streak and are 2-8 since reaching .500 ten games ago.

The Hawks took the only meeting to date with a 93-88 victory on December 23rd. Waltah led the Celtics in scoring with 16. Paul Pierce had 15 points and shot 4-16, including 0-7 from three. He also had 6 turnovers. Mike James had 13 and five boards. Jiri Welsch had ten and four assists. The Hawks had 48 rebounds to the Celtics' 25 and they shot 47% to the Celtics 39%. Shareef Abdur-Rahim had 25 points, Dion Glover (DION GLOVER?) had 18 on 6-8 shooting as well as 7 boards. Stephen Jackson had 16 and 7. Jason Terry had 13 points to go with 6 boards and 7 assists as well as 3 steals. The Celtics were up by as many as 14 before losing this game and were up 12 at the half. The Hawks had 36 points in the paint to the Celtics' 22.

These Hawks are awful and there is absolutely no excuse for the Celtics to lose this game. Not at all.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Originally posted by <b>agoo101284</b>!
These Hawks are awful and there is absolutely no excuse for the Celtics to lose this game. Not at all.
hmmm... Do you thinks Hawks are saying: "These Celtics are awful and there is absolutely no excuse for us to lose this game. Not at all. "

Hawks are not that awful! They have some nice talent on their team, but agoo you are right, if we lose this game...no excuse!

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Observations

26-23 Hawks with 1:07 minutes left in the 1st.

Mike James had two GREAT fastbreaks, where he just blew by everyone for some nice layups.

Mark Blount Has Some Nice Cuts, 1 for a Dunk.

Pierce, after a sluggish start, driving: 10 points 5-7

Mihm has 4 rebounds: 1 offensive and two points on the follow.

Adur-Rahim: 6/4
Theo Ratliff: 4/3 and 2 blocks..
Stephen Jackson: 10 points.

Walter hit a three!

I LOVE HIM!!

The Refs SUCK...

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Re:Observations

C'mon Guys, I feel like I'm talking To Myself..:uhoh:

46-44 Hawks with 2:30 left in the 2nd.

Pierce: 18/1/1 6-9 FG 6-6 FT

Walter with An Airball!!

I LOVE HIM!!

Ricky: 5/2/2

Adur-Rahim: 12/4/1
Jackson: 10/1
Diaw: 4/2/2

James Can REALLY Drive..

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
As Gary said:

"The Best Way to Not Talk About the Celtics Losing At Halftime is To Talk About the Red Sox"

Trot Nixon signed for 3 years...

58-43 HAWKS..

Whats the excuse..

DWIGHT HOWARD..

16-0 Run by the Hawks with 2:30 left in the 2nd..

Pathetic....:upset:

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
The Hawks on a 16 to 0 run? This is pathetic. No one can dribble (how many turnovers do Banks, Jiri, and Pierce have?), take your pick on who has the worst turnover of the night.

Paul stealing the ball and giving it to the Hawks at the begining of the game.
Jiri getting stripped at half court.
Banks getting stripped TWICE in a ROW at half court.

No defense what-so-ever.

I won't even be watching the second half.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
You won't be watching

Sadly, neither will I. FANS, STOP GOING TO GAMES...STOP BUYING TICKETS....SUPPORT THE CELTICS, BUT DO NOT PUT ONE CENT INTO THEIR COFFERS UNTIL THEY RETURN TO BLACK SHOES AT HOME AND LOWER TICKET PRICES!

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Originally posted by <b>aquaitious</b>!
The Hawks on a 16 to 0 run? This is pathetic. No one can dribble (how many turnovers do Banks, Jiri, and Pierce have?), take your pick on who has the worst turnover of the night.

Paul stealing the ball and giving it to the Hawks at the begining of the game.
Jiri getting stripped at half court.
Banks getting stripped TWICE in a ROW at half court.

No defense what-so-ever.

I won't even be watching the second half.
Then I'll fill you in on the Loss!!

Hey...We Came Back from 15 Lots of Times..

Oh Wait..We Were the Ones Who Blew The Lead

Banks!!

Atleast Pierce stole the Ball to Begin With... For Jiri: A Double Negative = a Posotive.:sigh:

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Re: You won't be watching

Originally posted by <b>Truth34</b>!
Sadly, neither will I. FANS, STOP GOING TO GAMES...STOP BUYING TICKETS....SUPPORT THE CELTICS, BUT DO NOT PUT ONE CENT INTO THEIR COFFERS UNTIL THEY RETURN TO BLACK SHOES AT HOME AND LOWER TICKET PRICES!
What do you believe in the Bambino...Its not the Shoes...Its the Players Walking in them!!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
ARE YOU WATCHING DANNY!!!! I HOPE THE FLEET CENTER IS BOOING HARD, CAN ANYONE TELL!!! :upset: :upset: :upset:

WE'RE A DISGRACE!! NEW COACH AND MORE TRADES, GET YOUR *** IN GEAR DANNY!!! :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset:

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PatBateman</b>!
ARE YOU WATCHING DANNY!!!! I HOPE THE FLEET CENTER IS BOOING HARD, CAN ANYONE TELL!!! :upset: :upset: :upset:

WE'RE A DISGRACE!! NEW COACH AND MORE TRADES, GET YOUR *** IN GEAR DANNY!!! :upset: :upset: :upset: :upset:
No, the Fleet Center is loving it..They are down by 3 and they were just down by 1...Comeback..

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
New Sig:

"BETTY ADAMS GO HOME" - Tommy Heinsohn after Ms. Adams called Paul Pierce for a Offensive Foul after Pierce Posterized Dion Glover

82-81 Baby!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Celts11</b>!
New Sig:

"BETTY ADAMS GO HOME" - Tommy Heinsohn after Ms. Adams called Paul Pierce for a Offensive Foul after Pierce Posterized Dion Glover

82-81 Baby!
97-96 Atlanta with 12 secs left!!!

Tommy should just shut up and go have a nice candlelit dinner with Waltah....

looks like we'll have the last shot....a win here would be clutch, something you can really build on...:laugh:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
oh sweet lottery here we come, dodoodoooodoooooddooo

sing it with me now!

:upset: :D :eek: :love: :laugh: :cry: :sour: :( :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Celts11</b>!

No, the Fleet Center is loving it..They are down by 3 and they were just down by 1...Comeback..

im sure they're loving a comeback that comes up short......i hope they booed the players on the way to the locker room

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Here's a crazy thought - taking the ball right at Theo Ratliff is not a good idea.

Here are some other crazy thoughts. Playing McCarty 35 minutes at PF and only getting 3 rebounds from him is not a good idea. Playing Michael Stewart at all is not a good idea. Getting a total of 2 assists from both your point guards is not enough.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mrsister</b>!
Here's a crazy thought - taking the ball right at Theo Ratliff is not a good idea.

Here are some other crazy thoughts. Playing McCarty 35 minutes at PF and only getting 3 rebounds from him is not a good idea. Playing Michael Stewart at all is not a good idea. Getting a total of 2 assists from both your point guards is not enough.
thank you!!

plus, you just hit the tip of the iceberg!!

I love the walton quote posted above, "will the celtics ever win another game?" if they don't this season, we'll have the #1 pick!!!.......unless we send ML to seacaucus again :uhoh:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
i read on espn that in the 1st half their starting frontcourt 3 outscored ours 32-4 .........nice, real nice

1 - 20 of 26 Posts