Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Celtics, losers of their last six, are entering a seven game road trip tonight in Philadelphia. The 76ers are 3-7 in their last ten and half a game back of the Celtics at 21-29. The Sixers played two days ago and blew out the Lakers by 23.

On December 21st, the Celtics actually defeated the 76ers, 87-84. The Sixers were playing that game without Allen Iverson. They got 24 points from Aaron McKie on 10-19 shooting and 4-7 from three. Kenny Thomas had 12 points and 9 boards. Derrick Coleman had 11 points in 21 minutes as he was battling injury issues of his own. Eric Snow had a mere 6 points on 1-10 shooting, but he also had 10 assists. Kyle Korver scored a point a minute and finished with 18 on 6-6 shooting including 5-5 from three. For the Celtics, Paul Pierce had 31 points, 10 boards, and 7 assists. he shot 6-15 from the field, 3-7 from three, but hit 16-18 from the free throw line. Jiri Welsch had 22 on 8-12 shooting. Vin Baker had 10 points and the boards to match. Ricky Davis also chipped in with 10 off the bench. The difference in this game was at the line where both teams shot well, 86% for Boston and 83% for Philly, but the Celtics shot 29 to the 76ers 18.

If the Celtics are going to think about having a shot in this game, they're going to have to focus on driving to the hoop and getting to the line as the slow 76ers defense sends them there.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Sevens are wild. This is the 7th game of Baker's suspension, and the first game of a 7-game road trip. The Sixers are favored by 7, and it is likely to be the Celtics' 7th consecutive loss.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Here's a prediction for you:

THE CELTCICS ARE GOING TO GET TOOLED ON TONIGHT!!!!

Mark it down: AI scores 50+ on us. :upset:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Another loss just takes us one step closer to a top 5 pick! So that is good.

And as long as we continue to develop McCarty and Stewart I dont care about losing! We have our twin towers of the future!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Pierce Busts out with a T-D. We Win. McCarty goes down with season ending injury, Hunter emerges with first career D-D.:yes:

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Originally posted by <b>goNBAjayhawks</b>!
Pierce Busts out with a T-D. We Win. McCarty goes down with season ending injury, Hunter emerges with first career D-D.:yes:
Then The Spurs trade us Timmy D for Walter, Jumaine, and Michael Stewart..

Oh yeah, the Magic swap 1st Rounders with us, to draft Dwight Howard or Emeka Okafor..

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Celts11</b>!

Then The Spurs trade us Timmy D for Walter, Jumaine, and Michael Stewart..

Oh yeah, the Magic swap 1st Rounders with us, to draft Dwight Howard or Emeka Okafor..
and Larry Bird walks back in through that door. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
UP BY 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pierce has 25!!!!!! not a T-D like stated but i was feeling a big point out put playing against AI.

Walta,believe it or not, and Davis having very nice games so far.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Looks like hunter is sure to get PT today, up by 29 so far!!!!!

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
110-80...

Walter, believe it or not, Actually Rebounded (D: 8 / O: 1) and had 16 Points Along with 5 Assists, SEVEN Steals, Only 3 T/O's in 43 minutes.

I know he played well, but 43 minutes!! What happens next game when he gets 7/3/1 with 5 T/O's in 35 minutes..?

Banks: 8/5/1 in 22 minutes, but he was in foul trouble. He did a superb job defending Iverson.

Pierce: 35/2/3 with SEVEN turnovers in 38 minutes.

Davis: 20/4/2

Jiri is trying too hard. He needs to starting playing Basketball. He's looks like he's not having Fun at all.

The Moment You have All been Waiting For:

We Won by 30, Hunter and Perkins SHOULD have got More Minutes, right?...

Hunter: 1 point, 2 fouls in 4 minutes..
Perkins: 2 points, 0-2 FT in 4 minutes..

ARE WE DEVELOPING YET?

·
Registered
109 Posts
We were leading this game from the begining so obviously Phialdelphia wasn't having a great night.
When Walter has these stats when we play a real game let me know.
7 turnovers for Paul Pierce in blow out like this?
What is up with that?

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
is sportsline.com right...did lafrentz really play? i guess i should check nba.com since sportsline always has errors but i don't have the time right now.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Hey Guys

I just got back from the game.

Paul played great. I thought his one on one defense was very nice. However, in transistion he was slow getting back

All in all. a great game to goto representing the c's(in my other fav teams arena-philly). Its tough when you see the usual crowd and people you know from over the years asking you whats with the celtics gear, they always ask me that. haha.

I got pics with Jiri, Marcus, Jumaine, Ricky, and Brandon Hunter. Ill try and post them.

Also, for those who said Ricky was a guy with a bad attitude and whatnot, he really was a great guy tonight. He was throwing his headband and wristband to the little kids and stuff. I talked to him before the game, Great guy.

Lets go celts the road to playoffs begins today
(we hope)

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Sorry to mention before..

Raef wasnt even in the building(sportsline.com was wrong)

"

Mark it down: AI scores 50+ on us"
-PATBATEMAN

Eat crow!

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
The best thing about this loss....uh I mean win (I'm used to writing losses in the past few weeks...) is that:

1) Philly lost by 30 at home
2) Jimmy O is so close to being their coach
3) Walter had a monster game...OB would love to have him by his side.

All fits together perfectly.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TheTruth34</b>!
Sorry to mention before..

Raef wasnt even in the building(sportsline.com was wrong)

"

Mark it down: AI scores 50+ on us"
-PATBATEMAN

Eat crow!

oooh one HUGE win for us! Open your eyes and realize their is a problem with this team, and yes your boy PP is also part of the problem! I'm not sorry. I defended Ainge all this time, but we suck now almost as badly as when Pitino was around. Anyone who thinks this is a great win for us is delusional! WE SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :upset: :upset: :upset:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PatBateman</b>!
oooh one HUGE win for us! Open your eyes and realize their is a problem with this team, and yes your boy PP is also part of the problem! I'm not sorry. I defended Ainge all this time, but we suck now almost as badly as when Pitino was around. Anyone who thinks this is a great win for us is delusional! WE SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :upset: :upset: :upset:
Are you crazy? I think we can go all the way this year. It is going to be tough in the finals against a western team but I think with a bit of luck we can beat them! Noone can stop us now! Banner 17, baby!!!:laugh:

Seriously, we need to trade McCarty! His trade value is at alltime high! We might get something useful in return!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
It is a good win because it ended the 6 game winning streak. [strike]YOU must be delusional.[/strike] I guess you wanted to see that streak become 7, and than 8 in cleveland?

[strike]Your DELUSIONAL. [/strike]

The team played very well. Yes, the sixers played really bad, but still. The defense was very nice. It forced Iverson to take some horrible shots. That is why they won.

Don't attack posters. But if you do, I like it when you use caps to make it obvious for me. ---agoo

1 - 20 of 22 Posts