Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy **** boys and girls, the Celtics won a game! Saturday night in Philadelphia, the Celtics did the impossible and won 110-80. Paul Pierce led the way with 35 points on 10-18 shooting, 2-4 from beyond the arc and 13-15 from the line. Ricky Davis had 20 on 8-13 shooting to go with four boards. Waltah McCarty had 16 and 9 boards as well as 5 assists and 7 steals. Mark Blount had 8 points and 10 boards. The Celtics won the turnover battle 25-19. The Celtics shot 52.8% from the field and 47.4% from three, compared to the 76ers' 38.2% and 25.0% in those categories. The Celtics had 24 fast break points to the 76ers' 9. Our boys' biggest lead was 33.

Speaking of big leads (and you know I love to), the Celtics led the Cavaliers by 28 points before beating them by a mere 15 on January 9th in the Fleet Center. Paul Pierce led the team on that Friday with 30 points as well as 12 boards, 8 assists, a steal, a block and a mere single turnover. Pierce shot 8-15 from the floor, 2-4 from three, and 12-13 from the line in what may well have been his best game of the year. Ricky Davis had 16 points against his old mates on 6-9 shooting, but had five turnovers. Chris Mihm didn't fare so well as he finished with 4 points and 8 boards, but had 5 fouls and four turnovers. Mike James had 13 points and 7 boards. Jiri Welsch had 12 and five assists. Mark Blount had 11, but only 5 boards. Jumaine Jones had no points and committed five fouls in 15 minutes, but had 6 boards. Marcus Banks was the sixth Celtic in double figures with 10 and also had two boards, three assists, and four steals. Cleveland was led by LeBron James and his 19 points, but he only shot 7-19 from the floor. Tony Battie had 10 points and 13 boards and was the only other Cav in double figures. Carlos Boozer was held to 5 points and 8 boards, as was Zydrunas Ilgauskas. Kedrick Brown had 9 points and four boards, but shot 3-10 from the field.

For the Celtics to win this game, they will have to come out quick early, the Celtics won the first quarter against Philly 31-23 and against Cleveland back on 1/9 by a 33-21 score.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
lets hope we can get a win. Shouldn't be that hard.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Ex-celtics will be fired up! And I dont expect a kind reception for Ricky Davis!
Cleveland is the favourite here so I dont expect much. I just want a good game from our team and minutes for the rookies!

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a reminder here. Tonight's game is on TNT.

Also, check ESPN for Emeka Okafor vs. Torin Francis.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Paul is playing great.

Taking the ball to the hole, and getting fouled. He is earning his share tonight.

Ricky hasnt gotten a great reception..

I think the C's are gonna win this.

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>agoo101284</b>!
Also, check ESPN for Emeka Okafor vs. Torin Francis.
So just ignore that. Francis hasn't played at all because of back spasms.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HickFromFrenchLick</b>!
We HAVE to get Banks on the floor for 30 minutes a game!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That would mean develop Banks...we wouldn't want to do that.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
This game showed what we lost in Williams and didn't gain in Davis. We would've won that game with Williams - probably easily.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think Davis trade is good for us but the other trade was totally terrible. Anyways, I really hope this team becomes lottery team and can get one of the first three picks.

I really hope this team keep losing and just come back a better team next year.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>h180ys</b>!
I think Davis trade is good for us but the other trade was totally terrible. Anyways, I really hope this team becomes lottery team and can get one of the first three picks.

I really hope this team keep losing and just come back a better team next year.
I think that we have lost a LOT in both trades, and should have AT LEAST kept one of our two main leaders. Both hurt us a lot, sure we got scorers, but our defense is really terrible right now, and our leadership us below zero. We have added talent, and athletes but I'd still have some basketball players left on this team.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mrsister</b>!
This game showed what we lost in Williams and didn't gain in Davis. We would've won that game with Williams - probably easily.
so what? If we let Ricky do what he is capable of doing and put the right guys and coach around him, he will be much more valuable to us than EWill would have been the next 3 or 4 years(assuming we keep ricky that long)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
52 shots for the Celtics and 30 for Paul.

Jiri Welsch shot 12 (only made 4)and Ricky Davis shot 8.( only made 3)

These are the guys the fans on this board claim will be the core of guys to lead us to number 17. If these stats don't say it all then nothing does.
Paul Pierce cannot keep taking 30 shots a game while the rest of the team takes 52. One of these so called core members is going to have to step up and start shooting and making more shots. Tonight they were off but no team can win games if one guy takes the majority of the shots.

Ricky is useless and this defense people keep commenting on doesn't exist (not to the extent some of you make it out to be)

Pierce had 1 rebound in the second half.

This team needs to be scrapped and sent packing with Danny Ainge.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Rome wasn't built in a day. I still have trouble losing to Cleveland, even if they have the new messiah of basketball, but c'mon CLEVELAND?

Still, looking at how the Pistons and the Pacers are playing now, i think a bit of a rebuild is well timed because we wouldn't be going beyond the 2nd round anyway.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bballin</b>!
Rome wasn't built in a day. I still have trouble losing to Cleveland, even if they have the new messiah of basketball, but c'mon CLEVELAND?

Still, looking at how the Pistons and the Pacers are playing now, i think a bit of a rebuild is well timed because we wouldn't be going beyond the 2nd round anyway.
Look at it this way, we are Cleveland, and they are the Celtics, they have more of our players from last year, and we have more of theirs. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Originally posted by <b>aquaitious</b>!

Look at it this way, we are Cleveland, and they are the Celtics, they have more of our players from last year, and we have more of theirs. :D

LoL oh so true

·
Registered
338 Posts
i hadn't thought of it that way, i think i may go sob in a corner for a bit now.

We better see a huge improvement next year.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bballin</b>!
i hadn't thought of it that way, i think i may go sob in a corner for a bit now.

We better see a huge improvement next year.
Blah, sorry no LeBron in next years draft.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts