Brian Skinner
Kenny Thomas
Corliss Williamson
Francisco Garcia
Jason Hart

Head Coach:
Rick Adelman
Rick Adelmans Coaching History:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Denver For two W's in a row against the Kings back to back. Let's Go Nuggets!

With a win in Sacramento the Nuggets will have their first Winning streak, and be a .500 team. The Kings will most likely play better since they will be home at Arco Arena. They also need a win desperately to get out of their slump. Should be another good game and I excpect it to go down to the wire. I'm predicting the Nuggets to be victorious in the end. However We will need to play better defense and match the Kings energy through out the game.

Game prediction:

Nuggets 105
Kings 101

Nuggets fans and Kings fans are more than welcomed to share insight in to the game. If you like to make a prediction please feel. I wave my Nuggets flag
in hopes of another good game and win.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody else catch the game tonight ?

Utter dissapointment. Only Camby played well when his shot was falling in this game. Carmelo struggled and missed almost every jump shot. The Nuggets out of no where came out and put a late charge on the Kings in the last 7 minutes of the game. They would of won the game if they played like that first 3 quarters and half of the 4th quarter. I'll post more later, just dissapointed in this team right now.

One bright spot was Marcus Camby again though, the guy had a monster night.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
I missed the game and only saw the box score and AP recap?

What was up with the minutes distribution?
Where the Nuggets missing open shots or were they forcing shots?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Carmelo was playing with pain in his shooting hand. The previous game his ring finger or index came out of the socket and was knocked back in during action. He played on a sprained shooting finger. He said before the game it hurt to shoot.

My recap: Nuggets played unaggressive and settled for jump shots. Everybody was cold and a ton of shots rimmed in and out. The refs handed the Kings the first quarter. 1/1 from the foul line for Denver and 9/11 for the Kings. Total B.S. if you ask as me. After that the Nuggets let the reffing situation get the best of them and played upset and lazy.

Nuggets were not aggressive taking the ball to the basket on the few times they attempted to so, and after contact looked for foul calls that did not come. Nuggets made a run with about 6 minutes to go in the fourth quarter and got the lead down to 10 at one point. There was not enough time on the clock to make a real run and Sac town continued to hit key 3 pointers like Bibby's 3 just before the shot clock expired to extinguish any Nugget runs.
Kings protected the lead they were handed by the refs.

Kings got easy baskets underneath and tons of old school 3 point plays. I suffered through the entire game, coming close to nausea many times.

I was very suprised George Karl, Kenyon Martin and Carmelo Anthony did not intentionally get tossed from the game. KMart received a technical foul after a questionable call.

Worst call of the day: Nuggets making a little run in the 3rd quarter. Melo drives the baseline and fires up a running/fadeaway from the baseline. He gets whistled for an offensive foul. Ref said he intentionally used his right leg to kick the defender (Martin of the Kings flopped after the ball was in the basket). Total fantom call and definitely the worst I've seen thus far in the NBA.

Everytime Denver tried to make a run the refs or the Kings stopped them. But Denver never should have been down by as much as they were in the first place.

2-4 and looking very mediocre. Nowhere near #2 seed or #8 seed for that matter...yet...

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thetobin73 said:
Carmelo was playing with pain in his shooting hand. The previous game his ring finger or index came out of the socket and was knocked back in during action. He played on a sprained shooting finger. He said before the game it hurt to shoot.

My recap: Nuggets played unaggressive and settled for jump shots. Everybody was cold and a ton of shots rimmed in and out. The refs handed the Kings the first quarter. 1/1 from the foul line for Denver and 9/11 for the Kings. Total B.S. if you ask as me. After that the Nuggets let the reffing situation get the best of them and played upset and lazy.

Nuggets were not aggressive taking the ball to the basket on the few times they attempted to so, and after contact looked for foul calls that did not come. Nuggets made a run with about 6 minutes to go in the fourth quarter and got the lead down to 10 at one point. There was not enough time on the clock to make a real run and Sac town continued to hit key 3 pointers like Bibby's 3 just before the shot clock expired to extinguish any Nugget runs.
Kings protected the lead they were handed by the refs.

Kings got easy baskets underneath and tons of old school 3 point plays. I suffered through the entire game, coming close to nausea many times.

I was very suprised George Karl, Kenyon Martin and Carmelo Anthony did not intentionally get tossed from the game. KMart received a technical foul after a questionable call.

Worst call of the day: Nuggets making a little run in the 3rd quarter. Melo drives the baseline and fires up a running/fadeaway from the baseline. He gets whistled for an offensive foul. Ref said he intentionally used his right leg to kick the defender (Martin of the Kings flopped after the ball was in the basket). Total fantom call and definitely the worst I've seen thus far in the NBA.

Everytime Denver tried to make a run the refs or the Kings stopped them. But Denver never should have been down by as much as they were in the first place.

2-4 and looking very mediocre. Nowhere near #2 seed or #8 seed for that matter...yet...
I can tell you watched every bit of the game as well. So did I man, It was difficult to stay interested the first 3 quarters. The 4th quarter was pretty good and Earl Boykins did a good job I thought in the 4th quarter. The Nuggets had that good run in the 4th quarter and got a 15-19 point lead the Kings had all game down to 9 points, but thats as close as the Nuggets would ever get.

Just wanted to say I agree with you about the offensive foul that got called on Carmelo. That was a great athletic play by Carmelo, and he was fading away. How on earth could that be a foul on him? Why because his Leg lifted up when he jumped? Sad thing is the Kings commentators kept saying it was a good call by the refs.

Also there were some obvious calls that should of gone against the Kings that were not called by the refs. Like the fast break play where one of the Kings players took at least 4 steps. It was a travel and the refs just let it go. Bad officiating game, and bad game by the Nuggets.

I forgot about Carmelo playing with an injury to his hand. That probably explains why he was ice cold from the field.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts