Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at

The 3-3 Memphis Grizzlies will pay a visit to Atlanta today on the second night of a back-to-back. This past offseason, the Grizzlies got rid of some of the players who were refusing to pass Pau Gasol the basketball, and he has responded by averaging over 20 points per game for the first time in his career. However, in yesterday's game against Cleveland, Gasol struggled to get anything going. He didn't score his first basket until late in the first half when the Grizzlies were already down by 20. Another problem for Memphis has been rebounding, as they have a center rotation arguably as bad as the Hawks'. Eddie Jones has stepped right in and been the team's second-leading scorer with 17 points per contest, but Damon Stoudamire has struggled so far to contribute anything offensively.

The Hawks are still looking for their first win, and are only two losses away from matching the worst start in franchise history. They need a win tonight, because a three-game road trip starts after this game.

When: Saturday, November 12, 7:00 PM
Where: Philips Arena
Line: Memphis by 4

<center>Projected Starters</center>
-----
---------
---------
---------
---------

Damon Stoudamire------Eddie Jones--------Shane Battier---------Pau Gasol--------Lorenzen Wright

-----
---------
---------
---------
---------

-----Tyronn Lue--------Joe Johnson--------Josh Childress------Al Harrington--------Zaza Pachulia

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Josh Childress still starter makes me said.

Josh Childress 0/2 from the FT line so far makes me even more sad.

Atlanta only down by 2 after the first quarter.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Are you kidding ME!?!? Damn.

Gasol hits the GW as time expires. Jeez. Hawks played a good game from the sound of it though.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Man. I Can't believe they're winless in six tries with all the young talents they have.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Leading Scorer: Joe Johnson 17 pts
Leading Assister: Joe Johnson 12 asts
Leading Rebounder: Zaza Pachulia 12 rebs

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Salim added 10 and Marvin added 14. J-Smoove, 14 and 10 on the double-double. Good to see production like that from the bench..

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I can see why people are so high on M. Williams. That guy's good... at last for the one time I have a chance to see him play.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts