Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
........... ........................... .......................................................................................VENUE

VERSUS

(38-25, 19-12 home)
<!--StartFragment -->Projected Starting Lineup For Houston
PG- Bob Sura
SG- David Wesley
SF- Tracy Mcgrady
PF- Scott Padgett
C - Yao Ming

(23-38, 8-23 away)
<!--StartFragment -->Projected Starting Lineup For Portland
PG- Sebastian Telfair
SG- Damon Stoudamire
SF- Travis Outlaw
PF- Shareef Abdur-Rahim

C - Joel Przybilla

<!--StartFragment -->Keys to the Rockets Win:

*Pass the ball to Yao as much as possible especially in fourth quarter. Joel Przybilla will not be able to stop Yao. Only Yao can stop Yao.

*McGrady has to step up and improve on his shooting from last game.

*To stop TrailBlazers; David Wesley has to put extra effort to stop Damon Stoudamire's offense.

*Hope the chemistry of the team is not affected in anyway by Juwan Howard missing from the line-up.

Note: FirstRocket first Official Game Thread.

Reactions: The_Franchise

·
Registered
278 Posts
Wow, nice work with the official game thread there FirstRocket :greatjob:

Agree with you there, give Yao the ball and we win! Simple.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
white360 said:
Hope to see Yao go head to head with Ha for like 3 minutes
then Ha was fouled out.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Very nice game thread FirstRocket! I especially liked the team banners above the player photos. :clap:

The Rockets should handle the injury-depleted Blazers pretty easily but I don't quite think it will be a blowout.

Prediction:

Portland Trailblazers: 91
Houston Rockets: 100

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
welcome 1st rox
nice thread

i think this will be a nice win for us.
rox 107
blazers 90

do you relize that our scores r up!!!!! go job i think baker will step it up alot. yao will be the key 4 us this gm

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Great job with the game thread FirstRocket!

Weatherspoon will be starting for us tonight. Padgett just isn't strong enough to contain Abdur-Rahim in the post... although Randolph is done for the season. Damon Stoudamire has done a very good job of putting up points recently, and we can't forget Pryzbilla who dominated on the boards last time. Darius Miles length and athleticism bothers McGrady, but there is no way Miles would be able to stop McGrady if he decides to go the hoop. Yao shouldn't be affected by Pryzbilla if he can get better positioning tonight, and he really has stepped his game up a notch on both ends of the floor since the last time these teams met.

Dangerous game here, Portland isn't a very good team but has a good amount of talent. Hopefully we won't slip up like last time, and blow open the game early. I hear the rest of the 10 home games will be sellouts, so the fans should rowdy tonight and keep the Rockets on their toes.

Houston 98
Portland 82

·
Registered
238 Posts
Houston-100
Portland-90

Even without Howard I think houston can still win this game without a whole lot of trouble. However, I hope they don't rain three pointers down on us as golden state did.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for the warm reception. Have to show the other boards that Rockets' board can also have a good Official Game Thread.:biggrin:

A BLOWOUT WIN!:banana: After previous game against Warriors, Rockets will look to redeem themselves.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Life without Juwan starts tonight. Weatherspoon will start in his place, so hopefully he can a do a lil bit for us tonight. Yao and T-mac need to be on their game, cuz that 3rd scorer won't be there. Our 3 point defense needs to improve, as does our rotation on defense.

We have to stop SAR from and Damon tonight...they have some foreign guy out there, so that worries me...I'm sure yall know why. (see HOU/GS on monday)

Rockets, regardless of Howard's Injury, should win this game..as the Blazers are a horrible road team.

Rockets 113
Blazers 93

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Co'mon McGrady, pick up your shooting. McGrady had to improve his shooting tonight.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
nothings falln 4 us ahaaha yao go job so far

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
can't watch this game here,i am just following the live score :cry:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
McGrady is still in Warriors' game. Wake up, please.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
sura and scot the bod is awake :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts