Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 797 Posts

·
Banned
22,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Game 65
Dallas Mavericks (52-14) @ New Jersey Nets (36-28)

Sunday March 19th, 2006
1:00 PM, EST
TV Coverage: ABC
Radio Coverage: WFAN

Probable Starters:

Click Picture for Player Profile<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td></td> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td> <tr align=center><td>Name</td><td>Jason Terry</td><td>Marquis Daniels</td><td>Desagana Diop</td><td>Rawle Marshall</td><td>Dirk Nowitzki</td><tr align=center><td>PPG</td><td>17.2</td><td>10.7</td><td>2.3</td><td>2.9</td><td>25.8</td><tr align=center><td>RPG</td><td>1.9</td><td>3.7</td><td>4.7</td><td>.8</td><td>8.8</td><tr align=center><td>APG</td><td>3.8</td><td>2.9</td><td>.2</td><td>.3</td><td>2.8</td></table>
<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=50% ><tr align=center><td>Key Reserves:</td><td></td> <td></td>
<td></td>
<tr align=center><td>Name</td><td>Erick Dampier</td><td>Jerry Stackhouse</td><td>Darrell Armstrong</td><tr align=center><td>PPG</td><td>5.7</td><td>12.8</td><td>1.7</td><tr align=center><td>RPG</td><td>8.0</td><td>2.9</td><td>1.2</td><tr align=center><td>APG</td><td>.7</td><td>2.8</td><td>1.2</td></table>

<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td></td> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td> <td></td> <tr align=center><td>Name</td><td>Jason Kidd</td><td>Vince Carter</td><td>Nenad Krstic</td><td>Richard Jefferson</td><td>Jason Collins</td><tr align=center><td>PPG</td><td>14.1</td><td>24.1</td><td>13.2</td><td>19.3</td><td>3.4</td><tr align=center><td>RPG</td><td>7.3</td><td>5.8</td><td>5.8</td><td>7.3</td><td>4.6</td><tr align=center><td>APG</td><td>8.5</td><td>4.2</td><td>1.0</td><td>4.0</td><td>1.0</td></table>
<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=50% ><tr align=center><td>Key Reserves:</td><td></td> <td></td>
<td></td><tr align=center><td>Name</td><td>Clifford Robinson</td><td>Jacque Vaughn</td><td>Zoran Planinic</td><tr align=center><td>PPG</td><td>6.4</td><td>3.1</td><td>3.0</td><tr align=center><td>RPG</td><td>3.2</td><td>1.0</td><td>1.0</td><tr align=center><td>APG</td><td>1.1</td><td>1.2</td><td>.7</td></table>

Team Leaders:
<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=70% ><tr align=center><td>Nets</font></td><td> </font></td><td>Mavs</font></td></tr><tr align=center><td>Vince Carter 24.1
</td><td>PPG</td><td>Dirk Nowitzki 25.8</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Jason Kidd 7.3</td><td>RPG</td><td>Dirk Nowitzki 8.8</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Jason Kidd 8.5</td><td>APG</td><td>Jason Terry 3.8</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Jason Kidd 1.89</td><td>SPG</td><td>Jason Terry 1.23</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Nenad Krstic .73</td><td>BPG</td><td>DeSagana Diop 1.73</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Nenad Krstic 50.1%</td><td>FG%</td><td>Rawle Marshall 55.6%</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Jason Kidd 37.0%</td><td>3P%</td><td>Jason Terry 43.8%</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Vince Carter 80.7%</td><td>FT%</td><td>Dirk Nowitzki 89.7%</td></tr></table>

Season Standings:
Atlantic Division

<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=60% ><tr align=center><td>Team</td><td>Record</td><td>Game(s) Back</td><tr align=center><td>New Jersey Nets</td><td>36-28</td><td>--</td><tr align=center><td>Philadelphia 76ers</td><td>31-34</td><td>5.5</td><tr align=center><td>Boston Celtics</td><td>27-39</td><td>10</td><tr align=center><td>Toronto Raptors</td><td>24-42</td><td>13</td><tr align=center><td>New York Knicks</td><td>19-45</td><td>17</td></table>

Eastern Conference
<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=60% ><tr align=center><td>Team</td><td>Record</td><td>Game(s) Back</td><tr align=center><td>Detroit Pistons</td><td>51-13</td><td>--</td><tr align=center><td>Miami Heat</td><td>43-21</td><td>8</td><tr align=center><td>New Jersey Nets</td><td>36-28</td><td>15</td><tr align=center><td>Cleveland Cavaliers</td><td>37-29</td><td>15</td><tr align=center><td>Indiana Pacers</td><td>33-30</td><td>17.5</td><tr align=center><td>Washington Wizards</td><td>33-31</td><td>18</td><tr align=center><td>Milwaukee Bucks</td><td>32-33</td><td>19.5</td><tr align=center><td>Philadelphia 76ers</td><td>31-34</td><td>20.5</td></table>

Previous Games:
Mavs Lead Season Series 1-0

01.14.06, @ DAL- Nets 77-Mavs 110

Upcoming Games:
n/a

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Three hurdles wait for the Nets this game:

1) beat dallas...which they haven't done in a long time

2) get better than '8-over-.500' record...which they've been 3-4 times this season but always lost the next game (usually many games)

3) Beat an elite team on national tv in a convincing fashion

Difficult task but i believe in this team :banana:

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
We can't keep getting blown out by the Mavs. I think Kidd has yet to beat the Mavs as a Net. He needs to get out of his shooting funk & get a triple double.

Reactions:

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
We need to give payback to the Dallas Mavericks because we have not had that much success over the years against them. It should be a very entertaining matchup nonetheless. I might be in attendance for this game. I love to see Dirk Nowitzki play, I'm hoping the Nets could pull out a win somehow.

Reactions:

·
Registered
807 Posts
ToddMacCulloch11 said:
that was my first thought. He's started the last few games for them.
He is our rookie this year; played in the D-League for a couple games. He plays like Josh Howard but not even close to his level. He's there cuz our bench is very depleted.

Be more worried about Dampier this game, he's been on a good stretch for some of the last games coming of the bench.

·
Registered
13,497 Posts
This will be a tough game for Dallas because our injured will really be missed. Adrian Griffin and Josh Howard, easily our two best perimeter defenders, are both out - and against a team like NJ with Vince and RJ (and even Kidd? although he has been scoring crapply lately) we will struggle because odds are they both will probably have good nights

I invite you guys over to get the Mavericks fans perspective, we need some activity aswell
Link - Dallas v Nets

Something else I noticed is that a lot of the Mavericks don't have the most impressive stats, their contribution goes way beyond numbers; For example, DeSagana Diop's stats are 2.3 ppg and 4.7 rpg, pretty crap for a starting center right? Well he is the spearhead of our much improved defense and we've gone 25-4 since he came into the starting lineup.

Dampier should have a big game against you guys, he has been averaging 9 rebounds a game in the past 15 matches and he seems to finally be the player we want - but he's coming off the bench

Good luck!

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Vincanity15311 said:
who the hell is rawle marshall
Yeah. This team isn't quite as good as the one that beat the Nets' asses earlier this season.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
i remember that too

well back on topic.. i didnt realize how depleted the dallas bench was... wow the nets bench may have a chance to outscore their bench...We dont necessarily need kidd to score, but just distribute like he's been doing to VC, RJ, and Nenad, and we should be in a good position...And we must hit open Js

Also, we shud try to limit the impact of other players, and jus try to defend Dirk as much as possible.. In the past week, this is wat has led us to defensive success..

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
Chaser 55 said:
I hope we get Dirk on an off night.
Believe me man you are not the only one who is praying for that. Any player on the Dallas Mavericks roster is capable of having a big game. So we are going to have to let our defense fuel our offense and produce the win.

·
Banned
10,661 Posts
I don't care, just beat the crap out of this Mavs team.

They have a deep team with a ****ing awsome bench but who cares, we are playing at home.

Get this win maaan to earn some more respect baby!!!!!!! :banana:

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
I agree Air Fly we need to show people throughout the league that we are capable of beating the elite teams. And to beat the Dallas Mavericks tomorrow will start our postseason push and there will be talks around the league about our team. I'm praying for a win.

1 - 20 of 797 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.