Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
March 9th, 2005 8:00 PM (Central Time)

San Antonio Spurs (50-15) @ Detroit Pistons (41-23)

Previous Meetings -
Spurs 80, Pistons 77

Projected Starting Lineups:

Reserves:

Great matchup between the Kings of Defense. To bad I have to miss the game. This will be a big test for us, because although we have a winning streak going, I don't feel we've played at our best. Yeah, Manu has been out, but even considering he's been out we still haven't played top-tier basketball as of late. Detroit will be without head coach Larry Brown, but I don't really see there being a huge difference without him. Detroit wants a half-court game where they can use their balanced scoring on the offensive end and swamp you on the defensive end. Playing in their stadium, there's no doubt they are going to be ready to play for the Spurs. I'm not sure about Manu's status for the game as of now, but I don't think it matters. I think we lose this game. I think it will be a battle that goes down to the wire, but I see the pace going in Detroit's favor, and I see our offense struggling in the halfcourt.

Koko's Key's to the Game: (New Segment)

- Tony Parker. His penetration is going to be crucial in this game, because he's going to be relied on to free up some shots for our shooters. With Wallace & Wallace inside, he's not going to be getting as many free layups as he has against other teams. Plus, he's going to have to control the pace, taking advantage on the break and making the best decisions in the halfcourt

- The bench. Our bench has finally come alive again, mostly Horry and Brown. Both guys need to have big games, and having good performances out of Nazr and Beno would be a huge plus. The main thing Horry and Brown need to provide is outside shooting. Detroit isn't going to be giving up easy baskets.

- Shooting. I've mentioned this "key" in the above statements, but it deserves it's own listing. The jumpers have to fall if we want to win. Our offense has been relying big time on jumpers falling, so we're going to have to knock down contested jumpers. Calling you Mr. Barry. If we can prove that our perimeter players can knock down jumpers, Duncan will have more room to operate and we'll be able to spread the floor and penetrate.

Should be a good game. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if we win, but even if Manu plays in this game, I think it will take some time for him to adjust.

Prediction: Pistons 91, Spurs 89

11,213 Posts
Love the new "Koko's Keys to the Games" segment and I agree with all of them.

This could be a match-up for the finals so a win here could be very big. The Spurs are going into this game with three straight blow-out victories, but I doubt this will be another one.

Spurs-79
Detroit- 73

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
spurs 89
pistons 78

too bad their televising the other game... but does the game really start 8:00 central? i just checked my guide and it said suns v. grizz, hmm maybe i need to check that again...

·
Registered
752 Posts
Is Manu going to play?
I've heard he is probable and will come back somewhere in the road trip.

I dunno why but I feel we'll take this one.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
all right i think we will win but it could be a defensive struggle 4 both teams tim will b the major key including barry and db shooting and is manu coming back. one more thang to add like koko said tony penitration will be the another big factor

spurs 89
pistons 80

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
This should be a match-up of two good defenses. Manu shouldn't be playing so most of our offensive firepower will have to come from TP and TD. I think the winner of this game could be the first team to get to 80. If we can get out and run a bit, and TP is aggressive, I think this game is ours for the taking.

Prediction
Spurs: 83
Pistons: 79

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
dam way the hello is this happen tim is hurt again

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
guys lets discuss this gm like we talked about

·
Registered
8 Posts
If Manu plays, even if he comes off the bench, then we'll win. However, It will be close one way or the other. I'm just looking for the Spurs to execute today and to cut back on the turnovers.

11,213 Posts
dknights411 said:
If Manu plays, even if he comes off the bench, then we'll win. However, It will be close one way or the other. I'm just looking for the Spurs to execute today and to cut back on the turnovers.
Is Manu suited up for the game?

Edit: Nvm I see him playing! Alrite!

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
man we are playing wel our main star has to be parker ... i still dwelling duncan gosh i hope we no wut happend soon im serious going to pray that duncan get better. i hope it is only for 3 or so gms man if its the rest of the season and or playoffs then this hurts so bad

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
ya hes playing now can u not c the gm

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm traveling today, so I'm can't watch it. Shame too. This is a great test for us going into the stretch and I want to see it.

11,213 Posts
TheRoc5 said:
man we are playing wel our main star has to be parker ... i still dwelling duncan gosh i hope we no wut happend soon im serious going to pray that duncan get better. i hope it is only for 3 or so gms man if its the rest of the season and or playoffs then this hurts so bad
Grade 2. I say he's out for the rest of the month.
ya hes playing now can u not c the gm
Can you not see my post? I said I see him palying

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
yes but deffensivly we r struggling

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
parker reallly needs to step it up. hes was doing good earlyer our star backcourt will be our main factor

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
dang they just hammerd parker

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yup we need both TP and Manu big time. Timmy's ankle injury is a grade 2 it seems. Might be out for 5 games or something.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts