Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seattle Supersonics (44-20) @ Los Angeles Lakers (32-33)
Where: Staples Center
Time: 6:30 P.M.
TV: NBALP, FSN
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330

Probable Lineups:
Lakers:
PG - Chucky Atkins
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Caron Butler
PF - Brian Grant/Brian Cook/Slava Medvedenko
C - Chris Mihm

Sonics:
PG - Luke Ridnour
SG - Ray Allen
SF - Rashard Lewis
PF - Reggie Evans
C - Nick Collison

LAST MEETING: Jan. 25; SuperSonics, 104-93. At Los Angeles, Radmanovic hit eight three-pointers and scored 26 points as the Sonics ended a five-game losing streak at the Staples Center.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: SuperSonics - 22-9 on the road; Lakers - 21-12 at home.

INJURIES: SuperSonics - G Mateen Cleaves (thumb); F Damien Wilkins (knee); F Radmanovic (right leg). Lakers - G Tony Bobbitt (ankle); C Vlade Divac (back); F Devean George (ankle).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Game #66 Sonics @ Lakers

Sorry B.Cook didn't know till i posted this that u had already made a game thread!

THE DOOR IS SLOWLY CLOSING

SuperSonics (44-20)

The SuperSonics have struggled lately, losing five of 10. Forward Vladimir Radmanovic, their third-leading scorer and a prolific three-point shooter, is out at least four weeks because of a stress fracture in his right leg.

Los Angeles Lakers (32-33)

The Lakers are 0-2 versus The Supersonics this season and are trying to snap a 4 game losing streak. Los Angeles is tied for ninth in the Western playoff race with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

"Most teams who are trying to make a playoff run right now are at least putting together little runs," said Laker forward Brian Grant, an 11-year veteran who has been on six playoff teams. "We're on a four-game losing streak. We still have opportunity … but we've got to start playing like a team who's desperate. Too many more losses and we can forget about it."

We could win this one ... :biggrin: you never know!!!

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I see a big game by Kobe. But if that is to happen he has to go to the post.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
On our way to another loss again, down by 4. When the **** was the last time we led in the 2nd Q?

The last bucket by Lewis epitomized our whole season.....no effort and pathetic.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Ooh, Kobe you don't mess with Potapenko! You got Potapenkowned. ;)

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn refs :curse: JJ just got mugged to end the half but no foul..

46-41 Sonics at Halftime *Yawn*

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
We get screwed more than any team in the league by far.

Atkins' shot was blatantly goaltended and then Jones got blatantly fouled at the end of the half with no call. NBA refs are embarrassingly horrible and they all need to be fired.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your right Drew.. They arent the T'Wolves.. They are the Lakers who are about the same but a little worse :laugh:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Kobe's play makes me want to vomit.

I don't understand this at all. This is a completely different team than a week ago. They miss all their layups and have no confidence whatsoever. My prediction for the remainder of this season honestly is 3-14, maybe worse. 35-47 is how we'll finish the year...you can book it.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:
Kobe's play makes me want to vomit.

I don't understand this at all. This is a completely different team than a week ago. They miss all their layups and have no confidence whatsoever. My prediction for the remainder of this season honestly is 3-14, maybe worse. 35-47 is how we'll finish the year...you can book it.
join el club

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
The team is tanking it. Its obvious, sorry, you don't go from playing so well, and then suddenly being this terrible. Kobe has reverted back to being a guy who isolates and takes too many 3s, the offense is colder than Siberia, and they don't even look like they're putting an effort on defense anymore.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cook/Walton into game

Kobe layup.. 94-90 SEA
Collison over the back of Cook.. 56.9 left
Cook ft good.. 94-91 SEA
Timeout Sonics

1 - 20 of 55 Posts