Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TONIGHT at Utah, 6, Channel 9

SITE: Delta Center.

Lakers Record vs. Jazz — 1-2.

THE STRUGGLES CONTINUE

L.A Lakers (32-34)

The Lakers have lost 5 games in a row and are suffering through their longest losing streak in 11 years. The team will once again be without Lamar Odom who was diagnosed on Monday with a small tear and a rotator cuff contusion in his left shoulder, and will miss both games of the Lakers' road trip. He will be re-evaluated Wednesday and is considered day-to-day, the team said.

Los Angeles hasn't been this bad since losing the final 10 games of the 1993-94 season. That was also the last time the Lakers failed to qualify for the playoffs. They currently trail Denver by 3 1/2 games in the battle for the eighth and final Western Conference berth.

Center Vlade Divac, out since undergoing back surgery in early January, took part in a scrimmage Monday and said he was on schedule to return in the first few days of April.

Bryant, on the Laker season: "We're rebuilding. We put together a team with a lot of young players. We lost our coaching staff. We've had injuries … I missed 14 games. It's been a grueling season."

Utah Jazz ( 20-46)

Utah has lost nine consecutive games without power forward Carlos Boozer, who was averaging team highs of 17.8 points and nine rebounds before sustaining a strained right foot. Utah hasn't scored more than 100 points since a 109-102 loss to Boston on Feb. 25.

Utah, which is beginning a seven-game homestand, has lost nine straight and is one defeat shy of its longest slide since losing 18 straight from Feb. 24-March 29, 1982.

The Jazz are coming off a 96-95 loss to Washington on Saturday which ended a five-game road trip.

Go Lakers.... :banana: :clap: :banana: :clap:

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
We r gonna lose.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
thug_immortal8 said:
We r gonna lose.
i love your spirit as a laker fan :banana:

hey, if we win and denver loses to washington, were onlywhat 2 1/2 games back? playoffs arent as impossible as everyone seems to think

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Blink4 said:

hey, if we win and denver loses to washington, were onlywhat 2 1/2 games back? playoffs arent as impossible as everyone seems to think
We're not that far out YET. But Minnesota and (especially) Denver are playing much better as of late while the Lakers have taken a nosedive. Add to that the tough-as-nails remainder of the schedule and the odds are stacked up high against us.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Please let the Jazz win this, if we lose this one, that'll be what, a 10-game losing streak? That would be our longest losing streak of the season...

I'm just hopeing AK has a big game, that's the only reason for me to tune in.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Blink4 said:

Yeah I know, but whenever I feel like we are going to win, we lose. I know that mathematically we are still very close to Denver, especially since we have one game left against them.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Was just about to make the thread, but then I saw this.. Thank you for making the Game Thread :)

PROBABLE STARTERS:
Lakers - F Butler, F Stanislav Medvedenko, C Chris Mihm, G Bryant, G Atkins
Jazz - F Humphries, F Kirilenko, C Handlogten, G Keith McLeod, G Raja Bell

TEAM LEADERS:
Lakers - Bryant, 27.9 ppg and 6.1 apg; Odom, 10.2 rpg.
Jazz - Carlos Boozer, 17.8 ppg and 9 rpg; McLeod, 4.7 apg.

SEASON SERIES:
Jazz, 2-1.

LAST MEETING:
Feb. 15; Lakers, 102-95. At Los Angles, Bryant scored 40 points and had eight assists in his second game back after missing time with a sprained ankle. Mehmet Okur scored 20 to lead the Jazz.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS:
Lakers - 11-21 on the road
Jazz - 13-18 at home.

INJURIES:
Lakers - F Odom (shoulder); G Tony Bobbitt (ankle); C Vlade Divac (back); F Devean George (ankle).
Jazz - G Raul Lopez (knee); F Boozer (foot); C Jarron Collins (shoulder).

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
LMAO! I was listening to the radio and there was a clip of Chucky talking about how " It's not our offense thats our problem, I thinks our defense has to step up"

HEY WAKE UP CHUCKY!!! EVERY OTHER PLAYER IN THE NBA AND EVERY FAN KNOWS THAT!!! IT TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH!!!

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Hey i just realised taht when we play the Spurs later this month Tim Duncan will probably be out, I think we might actually beat them. :banana:

·
Registered
36 Posts
thug_immortal8 said:
LMAO! I was listening to the radio and there was a clip of Chucky talking about how " It's not our offense thats our problem, I thinks our defense has to step up"

HEY WAKE UP CHUCKY!!! EVERY OTHER PLAYER IN THE NBA AND EVERY FAN KNOWS THAT!!! IT TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH!!!

Hey you know that web site you gave me? Is it working for you. It was working, I was listening to the pregame, but then it turned off.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
yeah me too, it just turned off when the game started.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
OMG, Is that a lead for the Lakers after the first quarter, we might actually pull this one off ( crosses finger)

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
dont jinx it/jk

Kobe is 4/5

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Kobe with another 3

·
Registered
4,179 Posts