Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

KEY PLAYERS
SF-Tracy McGrady . . . . . . . . . . . . . .C-Yao Ming . .
ROLE PLAYERS
. . . . . .. PG-Bobby Sura . . . . . . . . . . . . . SG-David Wesley . . . . . . .PF-Clarence Weatherspoon

KEY PLAYERS
SG-Dywane Wade . . . . . . . . . . . . . .C-Shaquille O'Neal
ROLE PLAYERS
PG-Damon Jones . . . . . . . . . . . . . SF-Eddie Jones . . . . . . . . . . . .PF-Udonis Haslem

Key to Rockets' win:
  • Unpredictable.
  • Don't even try to guess.
  • If the Rockets win, they win.
  • I will be happy if they win by a point.<V:p</V:p<V:p</V:p

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I created this Game Thread early because I don't think I have the time to do it later. So, you guys can start posting now.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Cometsbiggestfan said:
Miami in a blow-out. They're on fire right now.

no,it's common sense the rocket need heat to lift-off,which means we will win all the last games after we kick Heat's butt:wink: u know,Yao always got inspired after playing against Shaq.

anyway,i am all excited to watch this game, i never lost interests in Yao-Shaq matchup,and now add TMAC-Wade.i don't care the result of the game much,the game itself is a festival.

·
Registered
505 Posts
50-50 chance.

JVG always want to win against SVG.
Yao gonna hold his own against Shaq like always.
T-mac must break out of the recent slump against Wade offensively.
Our 3-point shooters must make some shots to match up with D Jones.
Start Mutombo at 4...... :sigh:

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
Houston vs. Miami is always a fun game to watch so good luck to both teams.

Damon Jones was 1-9 in Saturday's win over the Knicks.

SVG vs. JVG
Shaq vs. Yao
Wade vs. Tmac
Damon, and Eddie Jones vs. David Wesley, and Bobby Sura
Haslem vs. Weatherspoon
Alonzo Mourning vs. Dikembe Mutombo :biggrin:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cometsbiggestfan said:
Alonzo Mourning vs Jeff Van Gundy. :wink: :biggrin:
:banana:

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
im going to pridict something so carzy k..... we beat them in a blow out yep
tmac is the best player of this gm

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
MiamiHeat03 said:
Houston vs. Miami is always a fun game to watch so good luck to both teams.

SVG vs. JVG
Shaq vs. Yao
Wade vs. Tmac
Damon, and Eddie Jones vs. David Wesley, and Bobby Sura
Haslem vs. Weatherspoon
Alonzo Mourning vs. Dikembe Mutombo :biggrin:
yep. These games vs Houston are always fun. We have such similair teams, built around 2 superstars with role players around them with a coach trained by Riley. I think the Heat have the edge though because Shaq is the most dominant player in basketball, and Eddie Jones is more than just a role player.

anyway, Haslem may not play in this one, so im not really sure what to predict. He does a lot for us and hasnt missed a game all year. Hopefully he gives it a go and if he does I predict a slight heat victory, by 2-5 points. Never easy against a really good team on the road

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well, I'll go against my better judgement and go with my heart!

Heat 104
Rockets 110

A roleplayer will have a great game for us. I think Jon Barry drops 17-20 points in a rockets win. Should be a fun game to watch though. I look forward to it. 4 of the best players at their positions going at it baby!

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Braggs will probably start for us at the 4 with Padgett coming off the bench, Weatherspoon has been awful. Plus, with Haslem and Laettner the Heat don't exactly have the strongest of PF's so Spoon won't be of much service to us.

With the expection of Yao, Barry and Bowen, the team has shot the ball very poorly over the last couple of games. We have failed to execute on offense, and Yao oftens finds himself out of the offensive set before it even begins. The good thing about Shaq is that he doesn't front Yao, so Yao will have no problem getting touches. We just need the Wesley's and Sura's to hit their outside shots once Yao is doubled, which could be the case if he gets going early. If I remember correctly we shot something like 3-24 from 3-point range the last time we met in Miami.

McGrady, McGrady, McGrady... Shandon Anderson is a tough defender but there's no way he can stop you from getting to the basket. Go straight at Shaq, try to keep him out of the game with foul trouble. If your shot is falling, then great. But don't slack off thinking you can shoot yourself right back into the game, because it hasn't happened over the last 4 games. And please... practice your layups!

Keeping Dwayne Wade out of the paint should be a hard enough job for James and Wesley, but keeping him away from Yao should be Braggs's responsibility. The last thing we want is Yao to pick up 2 early ticky-tack fouls from Wade penetrating to the basket. Braggs should be a nice surprise, he's a tough, hard-working player who should do a better job than Howard on the glass.

Very winnable game if we get Yao 15 shots and rotate the ball efficiently on the perimeter. Defensively we need to pick up our slack on the screen and rolls. Should be a close one all the way or an absolute blowout in favor of Miami.

Houston 98
Miami 97

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
There is no reason Rockets can not defeat Heat.

Rockets win 110:100

If ice cold:
Heat 120
cold 60

·
Registered
523 Posts
Miami, I like what what you guys are doing...12 game win streak, 19-2 in your last 21...but this ish stops tonight.

Yao vs. Shaq at Toyota Center usually goes in Yao's favor, so if Yao put up 20+ pts, it would come as no surprise to me. T-Mac needs to shot better, thats obvious, but 4-22 can't happen again. The role players will be huge tonight, if we wanna pull this one out....James,Barry,T-Braggs,Bowen,Sura,D-Wes, etc.

The defensive rotation HAS to get better..its borderline painful to watch at times, and with this Miami team, it will again be a factor. With Dwyane Wade, we have to cut off the lanes so he doesnt go to the rack with ease like he did last time. (Remember the defense we played against LA in the playoffs last yr...where we cut off the lanes so Kobe couldn't penetrate all day against us?)
We have to make Wade's jumper beat us, not his driving ability.

I say, with great D and good offense, we end the 12 game winning streak for the Heat, but it'll be a good one.

Rockets 102
Heat 96

·
Registered
140 Posts
all without starter PF,we will win 3points!Yao will block Shaq 3times,Shaq will posterize Yao 2times!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Below is my hopeful PREDICTION.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts