Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
March 21st, 2005 6:30 PM (Central Time)

San Antonio Spurs (50-16) @ New York Knicks (27-37)

Previous Meetings -
Spurs 99, Knicks 81

Projected Starting Lineups:

Reserves:

We've got to win this game. Must-win situation. I'm not sure who's starting for Duncan as of now, but I'm thinking Pop will bring Horry off the bench and start Massenburg. The other story coming into this game besides Duncan's injury is the first matchup against former long-time Spur Malik Rose. It will be weird, to say the least, to see him playing against the Spurs. Hopefully Nazr will go out with something to prove against his former team, because we desperately need interior help now. The bench has been amazing as of late, and with a good perfomance out of them again we can win this game.

Koko's Key's to the Game:

- Prevent easy baskets. Without one of the best shot-blockers in the league, I can bet the Knicks strategy will be to take the ball to the rack. Rasho, Nazr, Horry, and Massenburg need to do at least a formidable job of preventing easy baskets. Keep New York as a jump-shooting team, because if they are getting to the rack with ease, we lose

- Establish low post offense. If we successfully pound the ball inside on their undersized front-court, things will open up for our perimeter players.

- Rebound. We've got to rebound and keep the Knicks away from second-chance points.

Prediction: Spurs 106, Knicks 102

·
Registered
752 Posts
This one is for us.. Malik will be 0/18 with no boards and 8 TO :angel: Nevermind.

I see a W in my crystal ball... nothing more

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both game previews I saw had Robert Horry as the starter in place of Duncan. I'm still not believing that 100%, mainly because Horry seems to be more effective as a reserve.

·
Registered
721 Posts
We need to start starting Nazr if we want to start winning. However, if everyone plays right, we shouldn't have a problem without Duncan, due to the fact that the Knicks are such a small team based on size.

I just really hope Nazr gets some solid minutes at least, if not starting. He has a lot of potential, a pretty good FT shooter (compared to our roster, anyway), and has great offensive rebounding ability.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Since Parker and Manu are back, I believe we can win without Duncan. I'm comfortable with a big man rotation consisting of Horry, Massenburg, Rasho and Mohammed, especially when we are playing the Knicks. I want Mohammed to get a lot of PT. I've been really impressed with him lately, and we will need his post offense to win this game.

We are going have to rely on Parker to lead us to a win during this game. If he is aggressive, attacks the basket, and creates opportunities down low for our big men, then this game is ours. I have come to not rely on Barry for anything, so Beno and Brown should be the guys off the bench giving us the most production. We will need good minutes from those guys, as well as a 3rd big man(Horry or Mohammed, whoever doesnt start), in order to keep them off the offensive glass. It'll be interesting to see how Rasho plays. Usually when TD is out, he steps up his game, especially on the offensive end.

This will be somewhat an emotional game, and akward, because we are playing against Rose, I think for the first time since the trade. I wish him well, but I hope we kick his butt in this game!

Prediction:
Spurs- 98
Knicks- 87

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
i hope malik does goo but in the long run we win. i think our star back court will win us the game... tp and manu have huge gm also horry and nazi should so well

spurs 94
knicks 87

11,213 Posts
TheRoc5 said:
i hope malik does goo but in the long run we win. i think our star back court will win us the game... tp and manu have huge gm also horry and nazi should so well

spurs 94
knicks 87
Yeah, I hope Malik does "goo" too. lol sorry...I've got nothing better to do.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Malik Rose vs. Nazr Mohammed. May the best big man (team) win. :biggrin:

Prediction:

San Antonio Spurs - 97
New York Knicks - 87

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
no i dont want the knicks to win lol nah i seroiusly think he is the defenive player

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
aight so we gonna do wut we did sunday

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
i miss malik :cry:

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
thangs look like there going our way so far

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
thangs look good so far for our 51st win tony parker is realy steppn it up :banana:

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
well im watchin it on nba pass i live in houston but on nba pass it on 603

11,213 Posts
KokoTheMonkey said:
Parker is scorching!! 12 points in the first 6-7 minutes of the game, including several jumpers.
Koko! are you and you short, fat, three-legged Tim avatar going to be here for this one? :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts