Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Question: What do a 28-37 record and 612 Bachelor's Degrees from Harvard University have in common?

Answer: You can buy both with $104 million.

Unfortunately for the Knicks, Isiah Thomas chose to purchase the 28-37 record with his $104.

Looks like Isiah can't explain that one either.

The Knicks are led by self-proclaimed best PG in the league, Stephon Marbury. The confused Marbury is averaging 21.1 ppg, 8.1 apg and 1.42 spg, while shooting a respectable 46% from the field. Jamal Crawford expreses his love for not scoring, despite averaging 17.3 ppg. Crawford is shooting a robust 39.3% from the floor this season. Tim Thomas is averaging 11.9 ppg to go with 3.5 rpg, but Timmy does hit 42.4% from three. Kurt Thomas is playing well with 11.8 ppg to go with 10.3 rpg while shooting 47.7% from the floor. Mike Sweetney is looking like a bit of player with 8.3 ppg and 5.3 rpg while shooting 53.4% from the floor. Penny Hardaway is half the player he used to be on a bad day while averaging 7.3 ppg, 2.4 rpg and 2 apg in 24 minutes a night.

The Knicks have struggled quite a bit against the Celtics this season. Thus far, the Celtics have won three meetings by an average score of 111-92. The Knicks most recent loss to the Celtics was on February 11 in Boston. Stephon Marbury led the knicks with 31 points and 10 assists while shooting 15-18 from the line. Kurt Thomas went fairly nuts with 16 points and 14 boards. Mike Sweetney had 19 while hitting 9-10 from the line. No other Knicks reached double figures. Jamal Crawford went scoreless in 20 minutes.

The Celtics got 25 from Ricky Davis off the bench on 10-19 shooting. Paul Pierce went for 17 while hitting 3-4 from the field. Raef LaFrentz went for 15 points and 14 boards. Gary Payton and Tony Allen both went for 12, though Allen got his in just 16 minutes. Jiri Welsch went for 10 off the bench. Kendrick Perkins went for 7 points, 7 boards, 2 blocks and 4 fouls in 17 minutes of play. Marcus Banks had 5 assists and 3 turnovers in 13 minutes.

The Knicks are a rough bunch this year. I'm thinking this could be a Justin Reed game. Atleast, I am holding out hope. The Celtics have a very, very, very good chance at going 10 games over .500 for the first time in a very, very, very long time.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
jamal crawford thinks he pre big lately but ereytyme we play them ricky puts him in his place i love it...i hope he embaresess him in da garden...but more importanlty get anuh win...

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Knicks 88, Spurs 75

Once again, agoo I wonder why you are giving odds on this game.

I love the Harvard line, it was hilarious, but when you get into predicting what our chances are, I get nervous.

This will be another tough one. If I recall correctly, Antoine loves playing in MSG, though.

I hold out hope we can stop the Knicks' winning ways at home. The other night they lost to Miami there by 2 on a Wade shot at the buzzer. There's no doubt they can beat us.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I want this one bad....no more losses in the Atlantic this season for us, that is what I want :biggrin:

·
Registered
610 Posts
This game does scare me a bit...
The Knicks can score.. Their Defense is weak though.
Their starters can score with our's .. Crawford and Starbury are really good scorers.. Thomas has a awesome mid-range game.

I think our bench wins this game though.
Ricky comes in and shuts down Crawford then puts up 25 for us.
Big Al comes in and dominates (Fingers Crossed) ..
Marcus comes in and shuts down one of the best pg's in the league :banana: ////

MSG, Here come the Celtics. :cheers:

PdP

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
ill be @ the game guys in my green and white rooting on against all those new york fans POWER TO THE C's BABY!~!

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Richie Rich said:
ill be @ the game guys in my green and white rooting on against all those new york fans POWER TO THE C's BABY!~!
If you make a sign that says, "Give me a Tommy Point for basketballboards.net," I'll give you a cookie.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
agoo101284 said:
If you make a sign that says, "Give me a Tommy Point for basketballboards.net," I'll give you a cookie.

Hahahaha, that'd be sweet. lol.

Also Richie, you should know this, but there's a ton of Celtics fans in New York and you shouldn't be the only one.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I cant believe a team with 104 million is that bad....They are bad no matter wat the pay roll but with 104 million they should be better than 28-37....poor Isiah

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
They have been playing a lot better since the trading deadline, but are still pretty bad. What's even more pathetic is the Atlantic division. I mean, wow, but still everyone has a chance to win it. The difference between the first place and the last place is the worst of all the 6 divisions.

If they were in last year's east, they'd probably make the playoffs...

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
they did make the playoffs in last years east. regardless, you cannot overlook allan houston missing like every single game, tim thomas sucking the entire first half of the year cause of his really really sad family related problems, jamal missing 10 games with turf toe(wtf?) and lenny wilkens.

if the knicks were playing as they are now from the beginning, they would be at .500. nothing more, nothing less.

and it really isnt isiahs fault the salary is that high. it was at 99 mil when he got here, with a significantly worse team. imagine your best players being a 32 year old spree and allan houston. note that the knicks are paying shandon anderson 7 mil, travis knight 3 mil, houston 17 mil etc... isiah probably has the toughest job in sports, its impossible to work with that salary. knicks should suck for a while until thats under control.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
I have a really bad feeling about this game. I felt more confident playing against the Pistons, Suns and Rockets then playing against the Knicks for some reason...

Anyone else feel the Knicks are due for a win vs the C's this season?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
aquaitious said:
Hahahaha, that'd be sweet. lol.

Also Richie, you should know this, but there's a ton of Celtics fans in New York and you shouldn't be the only one.

yea i know it's fun cuz there actually are a pretty decent # of C's fans to take in the game with. I really hope we pull this one out.

Reactions: Petey

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Richie Rich said:
yea i know it's fun cuz there actually are a pretty decent # of C's fans to take in the game with. I really hope we pull this one out.
So about that sign? Seriously. Doooooooo it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
lol.. I don't feel real bad about this game.
The celtics should pull it out.. I got 1000 points on them to cover the 2 point spread. Just think of who we got to help put us over the top against the Knicks..

Pierce, Davis, Walker, Payton.....
It's gonna be fun to see if the C's can shut down some people offensively.. Ricky shutting down Crawford.. Payton shutting down Starbury... I think this one should be fun to watch.

PdP

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
PennyHardaway said:
they did make the playoffs in last years east. regardless, you cannot overlook allan houston missing like every single game, tim thomas sucking the entire first half of the year cause of his really really sad family related problems, jamal missing 10 games with turf toe(wtf?) and lenny wilkens.

if the knicks were playing as they are now from the beginning, they would be at .500. nothing more, nothing less.

and it really isnt isiahs fault the salary is that high. it was at 99 mil when he got here, with a significantly worse team. imagine your best players being a 32 year old spree and allan houston. note that the knicks are paying shandon anderson 7 mil, travis knight 3 mil, houston 17 mil etc... isiah probably has the toughest job in sports, its impossible to work with that salary. knicks should suck for a while until thats under control.
Well at least you guys have Trevor Ariza and Mike Sweetney and 2 what 3 first rounders this year...young guys are cheap and can turn around a franchise pretty quickly...getting those 1st rounders I think was a good move by Thomas.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts