Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thursday, March 24th, 8:30pm
TV: NBALP,FSNSW, FSOhio

VERSUS

(40-27; 21-13 home)
KEY PLAYERS
SF-Tracy McGrady . . . . . . . . . . . . . .C-Yao Ming . . .
ROLE PLAYERS
. . . . . .. PG-Bobby Sura . . . . . . . . . . . . . SG-David Wesley . . . . . . .PF-Clarence Weatherspoon

(35-30; 10-21 away)
KEY PLAYERS
. .. . SF-Lebron James . . . . . . . . . .C-Zydrunas Ilgauskas
ROLE PLAYERS
PG-Jeff McInnis . . . . . . . . . . . . . . SG-Ira Newble. . . . . . .. . . . . . . .PF-Drew Gooden

Key to Rockets' win:

• They played badly against Heat. They have to improved.
  • Yao Ming as always should avoid fouls trouble.
  • McGrady, about time to get your touch back.
  • Defense is critical as our offense is in a slump.<V:p</V:p<V:p</V:p

·
Registered
571 Posts
Re: Game 67: Official Cleveland @ Houston GAME THREAD. 3/24. 8:30 CST.

Houston-106
Cleveland-99

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Re: Game 68: Official Cleveland @ Houston GAME THREAD. 3/24. 8:30 CST.

we win

we win

tmac will have 30 and yao will have 22 and 9

·
Registered
505 Posts

Mcgrady respects Lebron, so he won't try to school James like Kobe.
Yao is going to have his way with Ilgauskus.
I expect some nice numbers from them.

·
Registered
303 Posts

Rockets 92: cavalivers 88
Yao 26 points and 14 rebounds

·
Registered
523 Posts

Im goin to see the King!! LOL, the guy #2000 in ur programs but #1 in ur heart will be at toyota center for the 12th time this season. :banana: :biggrin:

On the Cavs end...

Well, it will be all about how James (LeBron,King,LBJ,w/e u call him) plays. For the Cavs to have a chance, he has to be on his game, due to the fact that McGrady is a little more drive-happy and points will go up a bit. Ilgauskas has to contain Yao, or the Cavs could be in for their longest night of their season.

On the Rockets end...

Tonight will be all on the role players for the Rockets...Wesley has to get off of WHATEVER it is he's on and start making his shots again. Yao and T-Mac need to have big nights, or at least good ones. McGrady is my boy, just stop taking jumpers when u see a lane small enough that even Earl Boykins cant go through it. Yao has to be aggressive, since Drew Gooden is rebounding well this year.

Rockets win this one, won't be easy tho, and hopefully in victory, I get to see some LeBron highlights while I'm there.

Rockets 101
Cavaliers 92

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

The Cavaliers want to tire out the big guy.
Yao Ming, rapidly emerging as one of the top big men in the league, is having a solid season with the Rockets (40-27). The 7-foot-6 center is averaging 18.3 points, 8.4 rebounds and 1.9 blocked shots. He's shooting 55 percent from the field, third-best in the NBA.

Cleveland Game plan:

"With the acquisition of Jon Barry, David Wesley and Mike James, they acquired guys who spread out the floor and shoot 3-point shots," Cavaliers interim coach Brendan Malone said. "That gives them spacing for Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming. It makes you reluctant to double team both of those guys. If you do, you'll get burned on 3-point shots.

Brendan Malone hopes to get the Houston Rockets into a running game tonight in order to lessen the impact of 7-6 center Yao Ming.

"What you have to do, and what we didn't do the first game, is you want to get Yao between the top of the key [at the Cavs' basket] and the top of the key [at the Rockets' basket]," Malone said. "If he's running back and forth, he never gets back into the lane where we feel his defensive presence."

·
Banned
4,016 Posts

Cavs under a new coach there going to come out firing I'd predict they win, Big Z will have a huge game. Sura will also be one of the factors.

·
Registered
238 Posts

Team talent wise the rocket should win this game. However, the Cavs are playing above their normal after getting a new coach. I'll still go with the rockets though.

Rockets 98
Cavs 90

·
MVP
8,996 Posts

Cavs get off to a quick start, I have a feeling we'll be seeing alot of that James/Ilgauskas pick and roll tonight. Weatherspoon will have his hands full switching to Ilgauskas.

Weatherspoon with another airball.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
spoons doing well and so is tmac. sura pushing the tempo and yao has confidence man so far this team cant be stoped. i love it when we play like this. if we could play like this for the rest of the season we would win everything but were not consistant but hey theres a start for everything lets start a 15 gm winning streak :biggrin:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Rockets is shooting quite well tonight.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Why can't JVG let Yao play out the 1st quarter if he is still hot.

·
MVP
8,996 Posts

For all that talk about missing layups... McGrady just hit the most amazing layup I've seen this year!

He's been penetrating to the basket every time he touches the ball, and has 8 points off of 4 beautiful layups/finger rolls.

Wesley has missed 3 wide open shots.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

From what I saw so for in their games, I think Yao can play about 34mins per game. He look exhausted but I don't think he is really that exhausted. Look at the Suns game, he look exhausted but played 35mins.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Yao was not even in the picture in the 2nd quarter.

·
Registered
505 Posts

I am watching college hoops now, but from the stats it looks like Yao Ming got off to a good start, then was benched, and was subbed back in when there is only about 2:30 minutes left in the first half.

From the stats, Magrady is on fire tonight. :clap:

·
MVP
8,996 Posts

Yao has missed some shots in the 1st half, but atleast he is taking them.

Very exciting first half thanks to Tracy McGrady, I'll try to get videos up as soon as possible.

I started a thread on Clutchfans with my friend's account calling it a statement game for McGrady, which is exactly what it is. He's attacking the basket relentlessly, not taking any poor shots, and making some brilliant plays.

Houston 48
Cleveland 39

Half

McGrady: 17 pts
Yao: 7 pts, 6 reb, 2 blk

1 - 20 of 58 Posts