Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GAME 69: Celtics (38-30) vs. Chicago (34-31)

Will the Celtics be successful matadors...

...or will they be more like this guy?

The Celtics, fresh off their thurough beating at the hands of the Knicks, will be returning home to face the Chicago Bulls.

Eddy Curry seems to have come around offensively with 15.7 ppg on 53% shooting, but the former prep-to-pros big man is only pulling down a Blountian 5.4 boards in 28.8 mpg. Kirk Hinrich is continuing to play well with 15.5 ppg, 6.7 apg, 4.2 rpg and 1.6 spg, but is shooting just 38.6% from the floor. Ben Gordon (note the "on" at the end and not "an") has been a sixth man of the year candidate with his 14.9 ppg in just a bit under 24 mpg. The former UConner is shooting 42.5% from three and 84.7% from the line. Luol Deng is the other terrific rookie that the Bulls added this season. Deng is averaging 12.1 ppg and 5.3 rpg. Andres Nocioni has been a successful import with 7.8 ppg and 4.5 rpg, but seems to enjoy missing shots with a 39.4% from the floor and 24.4% from three. Tyson Chandler has finally had a healthy season playing in 64 of the Bulls' 65 games. Chandler is averaging 7.5 ppg, 9.1 rpg, and 1.78 bpg.

The Celtics met the Bulls three times in three weeks in January. The Celtics dropped the first on the road (102-91), but took the next two (92-83 at home, 101-97 on the road).

Eddy Curry scores well against the Celtics with 17.7 ppg, but is boarding below average with 4.7 in the three meetings. He also has four turnovers in the three games. Ben Gordon is right around average with 14.3 ppg in just 20 mpg. That goes with a steal, but little else for Gordon, who shoots just 39.5% from the floor. Kirk Hinrich averages 14.3 ppg to go with 5.3 rpg and a terrific 8.7 apg, but only hits a third of his shots. Luol Deng averages 12.0 ppg and 6.7 rpg, but only hits 37% from the floor. Antonio Davis missed one meeting with the Celtics, but did average 9 and 10 boards in this other two games. Othella Harrington averages 8 ppg in 17 mpg. Eric Piatowski has done particularly well off the bench with 7.3 ppg in just 12.3 mpg while hitting 47% of his shots and 75% from three. Tyson Chandler has done well with 6.0 ppg and 10.0 rpg while also blocking three shots a night.

Paul Pierce has had some luck against the Bulls, averaging 22 ppg, 11 rpg, 4.7 apg and 1.3 spg, but is only shooting 35.1% from the floor. Gary Payton averages 15.3 ppg, but has only 2.3 apg. Ricky Davis has averaged 15.0 ppg in the three meetings. Al Jefferson has done quite well with 11.0 ppg and 9.0 rpg, while hitting two thirds of his shots.

The Celtics use a bit of role reversal to beat the Bulls. The Bulls have matchup problems against when our little guys go in the post. The three matchups (Gordon v. Payton, Hinrich v. Davis, Pierce v. Deng) favor the Celtics. Of course, having Walker and LaFrentz on the outside isvery helpful. Look for Doc to go back to that, and hopefully some brilliance from Al Jefferson, to make the Celtics look like the first guy and not the second.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Re: GAME 69: Celtics (38-30) vs. Chicago (34-31)

Blountian, hehe.

Celtics need to answer back strongly against a good team like Chicago after they were embarassed by the Knicks. Also, they have some tough games coming up against Detroit, Dallas, and division rival Philly. A win against da Bulls would be nice.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts

Speaking of Blount, the guy did NOT, [n-o-t] have a 3 second violation in the last game. Maybe that's what kept our winning streak.:D

·
Registered
610 Posts

LOL at the 3 second deal ...

We really need to bounce back from the loss against NY.
Paul needs to come out with his mouth shut and his game on.
Toine needs to just do something other than take crazy shots and miss.
Ricky PRODUCTION...

It's gonna be a great game I think.
Young talent against Young Talent. Very good.
We'll see how this one plays out tomorrow @ 7:30.

PdP

·
Registered
453 Posts

hope the Celtics can bounce back from last night and get a good win here against a good young Chicago team.. looking forward to it

·
Registered
162 Posts

Could be a first-round preview :) In fact, I hope it is, because we lead the series 2-1 (correct me if I'm wrong).

·
Registered
352 Posts
GAME 69: Celtics (38-30) vs. Bulls (35-31)

This should be a good game, I will accually be at this game 9th row....

I think we will win in OT tonight with a score of 110 to 106....Pierce will have 28 points, Walker with 18, Payton with 8, Raef with 14, and Tony Allen with 16....

Game leaders will be 11 rebounds for Walker, and 9 assists for Payton, and 28 points for Pierce....

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Re: GAME 69: Celtics (38-30) vs. Bulls (35-31)

A o K has outdone A g o.

Prem, I wouldn't bet on the numbers, but I would bet my money (yes, I said money not points, Petey) on the C's if the thing is ballanced.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Re: GAME 69: Celtics (38-30) vs. Bulls (35-31)

Premier said:
Any word on the lotto numbers?

was that supposed to be funny?

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was walking down Boylston street to go to the bank and I saw the Bulls getting on their bus. That Eddy Curry is flippin' huge. Not so much Kirk Hinrich though.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
I love that new play for 'Toine.

Toine has the ball, hands it off to Gary at the 3 point line, Toine runs through a double pick, Gary gives the ball to Ricky on the other side, and Toine is right in front of Davis in the poast wide open.

I love it.

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
There seems to be a lot of fouls so far. Combined there are 10 players with at least 2 fouls and Jefferson & Curry have 3 apiece.

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
I really hope the C's find away to cut down on turnovers, if they don't then it, and defense, will kill them come playoff time.

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Another thing, even though the C's are out rebounding the Bulls they have to start getting offensive rebounds. They only have 1 so far while the Bulls have 6.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
I hate this defense. I hate the fact that Antoine, Blount, Raef, Al and Perk are switching on pick and rolls, and worst of all is that Antoine is actually not only switching, but also guarding smaller people.

I would also like him to play MORE inside. He's a great offensive rebounder, maybe even the best in the NBA, but he's never inside without the ball. Doc do something.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts