Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
I will enjoy watching Noah match up with Garnet.

For the year Garnet is averaging 16 ppg and 8.7 rebounds while Noah is averaging 15 points per game and 9.2 rebounds.

·
1.7%
7,363 Posts
Deng has looked good so far this season. Also liked what I saw from Teague is limited minutes. Unfortunately this will be a trend this season, stay close in games and then lose it at the end due to no closer.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Overall a crappy game to watch. Although two things I liked: 1) Deng playing and scoring like an all-star, and 2) Marquis Teague showing up to play and displaying some nice flashes. On the latter point, this kid is only 19 years old and going up against one of the hardest PG covers in the league. Considering that, he really did a nice job on both ends in the limited minutes.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Overall a crappy game to watch. Although two things I liked: 1) Deng playing and scoring like an all-star, and 2) Marquis Teague showing up to play and displaying some nice flashes. On the latter point, this kid is only 19 years old and going up against one of the hardest PG covers in the league. Considering that, he really did a nice job on both ends in the limited minutes.

Teague looks a bit terrified/lost at time, too, though. He matched up with Rondo much better than Robinson did, and Teague is clearly very athletic. He also clearly has no confidence in his jump shot. He looked desperate at times to get rid of the ball. Still, there was enough there to be encouraged by the performance.

Taj has me worried these days. He looks pretty inept on the offensive end of the court.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Teague looks a bit terrified/lost at time, too, though. He matched up with Rondo much better than Robinson did, and Teague is clearly very athletic. He also clearly has no confidence in his jump shot. He looked desperate at times to get rid of the ball. Still, there was enough there to be encouraged by the performance.

Taj has me worried these days. He looks pretty inept on the offensive end of the court.
Yeah I agree about Teague, he is not someone I want to see as a regular rotation player yet. Again, he is just 19 years old. But with 2 PGs injured (Rose and Kirk), the silver lining is to give him some burn to feel what NBA ball is all about. People talk about stashing away "projects" all the time, I happen to think Teague is really the ideal project to have. Low cost (late 1st rounder), lottery level talent, apparently a good character and hard working kid. If he pans out, we'll have a very solid backup PG who can also run alongside Rose in small ball lineups.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts