Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
November 15th, 2005 - 7:30 PM (Central Time)

Denver Nuggets (3-4) @ Dallas Mavericks (4-2)

Previous Meetings:

N/A

Projected Starting Lineup:

PG - Andre Miller
SG - Dermarr Johnson
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Kenyon Martin
C - Marcus Camby

Reserves:

PG - Earl Boykins
F - Eduardo Najera
SG - Voshon Lenard
G/F - Greg Buckner
PG - Earl Watson
C - Francisco Elson
F - Linas Kleiza

Projected Starting Lineup:

PG - Jason Terry (16.2 PPG - 4.2 APG - 2.3 RPG)
SG - Doug Christie (3.8 PPG - 1.8 RPG - 2.0 APG)
SF - Josh Howard (11.7 PPG - 6.5 RPG - 1.8 STL)
PF - Dirk Nowitzki (24.2 PPG - 8.5 RPG - 1.8 AST)
C - Erick Dampier (6.2 PPG - 6.2 RPG - 0.8 BLK)

Reserves:

F - Keith Van Horn (14.2 PPG - 6.7 RPG)
G/F - Marquis Daniels (8.8 PPG - 3.2 RPG)
PG - Devin Harris (11.5 PPG - 1.8 APG)
C - Desagana Diop (2.3 PPG - 3.8 RPG - 2.0 BLK)
PG - Darrell Armstrong (1.4 PPG - 1.8 APG)
PF - Josh Powell (N/A)
C - DJ Mbenga (N/A)

Denver is 0-3 on the road thus far, and Dallas has won their only home game this season in blowout fashion. I'm not sure what Kenyon Martin's status is, but if he's not in the lineup that severely hurts their depth, and it forces them to play a smaller lineup. Marcus Camby has been amazing so far this season, but Denver's perimeter game has been horrendous, so if Dallas can keep them out of the paint and off the boards Dallas should win this game.

·
Rip City
21,400 Posts
Good game thread Koko. I'm not going to make a prediction, but I'm hoping for a great game by both teams tonight. So good luck to all you Mavs fans.

By the way I started A Mavericks/Nuggets game thread as well in the Nuggets forum. You are all more than welcomed to make game predictions and add your 2 cents to the match up there as well.

Here is the link http://www.basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?t=216336

Good luck again!

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dallas has gotten it down to 10 early in the 4th, still a long way to go. They have 20 TO's and still have almost a whole quarter left to play. :eek:

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
16 boards and 6 blocks for Diop, including a huge one on Carmelo late in the game. Meanwhile, Dampier: 9 minutes, 0 points, 0 rebounds, 4 fouls, 4 TO's. Ouch.

Dallas had gotten some good play from their role players tonight, like Diop, Harris with 8 assists (And 6 TO's), and 17 points from Daniels.

·
Banned
1,602 Posts
KokoTheMonkey said:
16 boards and 6 blocks for Diop, including a huge one on Carmelo late in the game. Meanwhile, Dampier: 9 minutes, 0 points, 0 rebounds, 4 fouls, 4 TO's. Ouch.

Dallas had gotten some good play from their role players tonight, like Diop, Harris with 8 assists (And 6 TO's), and 17 points from Daniels.

diop lost like 30 to 35 pounds this offseason and has really really helped the mavs off the bench with his defense. if he can avoid fouls he can probably take damps spot in the starting lineup. kid is still raw offensively but defensively he's finally emerging somewhat. he's been swatting like 2 shots a game off the bench.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Whats wrong with Josh Howard? 2 games in a row getting only 16 minutes. I heard in first game he got into foul trouble quickly. Yesterday he got 3rd foul already in 2nd quarter, but didnt get any more, but still didnt play almost at all in 2nd half. Why is it so?

P.S. Yes, hes in my fantasy team ;)

·
Jeepers
6,391 Posts
Dampier has got to be nervous.

No, Cuban has to be nervous. Damp's contract is guaranteed, right?

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I mean, damn, 16 rebounds and 6 blocks? Just doing one of those is difficult, but he did them both in one game. Very impressive. That block on Carmelo was very nice too because Carmelo went ahead full steam to the basket but Diop kept his body away and swatted it with his hands.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Zalgirinis said:
Whats wrong with Josh Howard? 2 games in a row getting only 16 minutes. I heard in first game he got into foul trouble quickly. Yesterday he got 3rd foul already in 2nd quarter, but didnt get any more, but still didnt play almost at all in 2nd half. Why is it so?

P.S. Yes, hes in my fantasy team ;)
That was his problem last season. He picks up to many fouls in little time and it's not hard tough fouls at that. It's those nit picky, do not need type of fouls. When he has his head on straight, he is a top 3 player on the team and contributes nicely. When it's not on, he could be a liability. It's sad because he brings energy whenever he is on the court. He is the one that is usually just about everywhere on the floor from grabbing rebounds to causing turnovers.

Dampier has just about another week with that smashing performance with me before I just give up on him. He made me throw something at the television.

·
Jeepers
6,391 Posts
Gambino said:
Dampier has just about another week with that smashing performance with me before I just give up on him. He made me throw something at the television.
I can't see pulling Damp out of the starting lineup; Diop no doubt is more productive, but it would be a total 'give up' on the part of the organization to admit that Damp's contract is a waste of money.

Remember, they used the amnesty excuse on Finley, rather than sitting him.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts