Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Banned
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<center> vs.

New Jersey Nets (32-37) vs. Minnesota Timberwolves (35-34)
CAA, Saturday March 26, 2005
1:00 PM, Telemundo, YES, NBALP

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Probable Starters

Nenad Krstic/Jason Collins/Vince Carter/Jacque Vaughn/Jason Kidd

Michael Olowokandi/Kevin Garnett/Latrell Sprewell/Trenton Hassell/Troy Hudson

--------------------------------------------------------------------

-Minnesota Timberwolves board game thread :wave:
-NBA.com Preview
</center>

Key Matchup

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Re: Game 70: New Jersey Nets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves--03.26.05

A game that I can finally watch here in Sacramento ....
but I won't be home. :curse::curse::curse:
We're driving to Reno around noon.
Hopefully I can convince family to leave after lunch. :clap:

Nets should win this game .... a must !!!

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts

Article about Timberwolves defense under McHale here

Since Kevin McHale took over as Timberwolves coach, his time on the practice court has focused on one defensive aspect: stopping the pick and roll. McHale's reasoning is simple. Every team in the NBA uses the pick and roll, some more than others.

When the players stressed being aggressive defensively, they pointed out that they had to avoid the tendency to sit back and wait for the opposition to execute the pick and roll. Hoiberg and his teammates have to attack it, disrupt it.

There's no other choice. Guard Trenton Hassell said too many teams have hurt the Wolves with the pick and roll. Phoenix. San Antonio. Dallas. Elite teams such as those have a mix of good athletes and guards who know how to run the play. Now comes New Jersey with Jason Kidd and Vince Carter. Either can execute with the ability to shoot or drive.

"I think if you can get that under control some, hopefully you can build your defensive base," McHale said. "But basically, a screen-roll defense (uses) the same basic principles that you're going to use on a lot of other defenses. Helping each other, rotating. It's a good thing to work on for your team concept."
Also for the EG fans (you know who you are)

Former NBA player and coach John Lucas attended practice to visit forward Eddie Griffin. Lucas runs an alcohol treatment aftercare program in Houston. He helped Griffin get sober last year and remains a big influence in his life.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts

:wave: I like Griffen, too bad he couldn't get himself straight last year.

-Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts

Depends where in PA.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

Hope this is a good game. :biggrin: Very important for the Nets to win this. Sixers are going on a three game western road trip, and Boston lost last night. Orlando is slowly falling. Time for us to step up and win these games at home.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Minnesota is in the exact same position as the Nets, so they are just as desperate. Should make for an intense game.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
im still a little sad frm last gm but i beilve we can win this it will be very intense
nets 95
wolve 93

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Nets need this game, I think it will be close, but we have to keep Minnesota's bench in check. we also have to watch hoiberg. btw is it me or does sprewell & hudson look like women in those pictures, mostly hudson though.

1 - 20 of 290 Posts