Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Question: If your once hot team has dropped three straight, what do you want to see happen next?

If your answer is the Dallas Mavericks...you might not be the brightest bulb in the bunch. The Mavericks won 7 of the last ten and five of six since Avery Johnson took over.

Dirk Nowitzki has continued as a dominant offensive player. This season, the German's points are up to 26.5 and he has a career high in rpg at 10.1 a night. Dirk is also hitting 38.8% from three. Michael Finley is continuing his solid play with 16.7 ppg to go with 4.5 rpg, while shooting an impressive 41.9% from three point land. Jason Terry is performing well as a point guard with 12.5 ppg while shooting brilliantly (49.8%) from the floor and from three (41.5%). Josh Howard has performed well with 12.4 ppg and 6.4 rpg as the starting small forward. Shawn Bradley has joined the starting lineup as Erick Dampier has taken his accustomed place on the injured list. The stormin' Mormon has averaged just 2.5 ppg, 2.6 rpg, and .8 bpg in just 11.1 mpg. Jerry Stackhouse is giving Ricky Davis a run for his money as sixth man of the year with 15.6 ppg, but has done little else statistically. Marquis Daniels have averaged 10.6 ppg and 4.2 rpg while getting 1.51 spg in a bench role.

Even with Erick Dampier out, the Mavs are bringing Keith VanHorn, Marquis Daniels, Jerry Stackhouse and defensive stopper Alan Henderson off the bench. This is a very deep team that is bringing three guys off the bench that would start on just about any team in the league. The Celtics definately have a great test ahead of them in this one.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Truth34 will like this report, I bet.

It has no such thing as "Celtics should win this one easily," heck it doesn't even contain the word Celtics and win in the same paragraph.

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aquaitious said:
Truth34 will like this report, I bet.

It has no such thing as "Celtics should win this one easily," heck it doesn't even contain the word Celtics and win in the same paragraph.
I am to please kid.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
we need 2 come out with heads high n play good defense...then look 4 tha high percentage shots no 3's too early....ounce we hit tha high percentage shots then we can go 4 tha game we jus need this game if were gunna do as good as we thought we were 2 weeks ago...if we dont get 2 far behind tha game will never be out of reach...play hard and with heart n we should win

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Sorry guys but I think the C's are going down in this one. Unless the Celts shoot lights out I don't think they are going to be able to stay with the Mavs. Although the Mavs should have Dampier and Stackhouse back which may actually hurt the team until they worked back into the rotation.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
We may go down...all tha odds are against us but we tha celtics n we always fight till its over so itll be a good game no matter what...

·
Banned
41 Posts
The Mavericks are beatable. Antoine Walker and the Hawks easily beat them behind a great game by Antoine earlier this year.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Philly is now in our rear-view..
We need to take this game and wrap it up.
But as I said in the other post it's gonna take Rebounding and Hard nose defense or we shouldn't even walk onto the court.
Gonna be a good one.

PdP

·
Registered
427 Posts
Tas said:
The Mavericks are beatable. Antoine Walker and the Hawks easily beat them behind a great game by Antoine earlier this year.
The Mavs are a far cry from that period in the season. That was their worst game of the season. I promise you won't see that type of performance out of them tonight. Also, Avery Johnson is the coach now so different philosophy.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Awesome Game Thread

I look forward to this game. It will be an EXTREMELY DIFFICULT test, but one the Celtics need right now.

If we can win this game, it would be a gigantic momentum swing for the team.

I am curious to see how Antoine does in this game. He cannot be happy with anybody that traded him to Atlanta. I remember when Danny traded him to Dallas he said Danny tried to "ruin my career." But Dallas is a prime destination. He must hate Mark Cuban for sending him to the Siberia of the NBA. I hope payback comes tonight in the form of a controlled, heady game and defense galore on Nowitzki.

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
Re: Awesome Game Thread

a muist win, we need to send the rookie coach into a tailspin

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Good Luck

Nobody is going to send Avery Johnson into a tailspin. I hope we win the game, but Avery is unflappable and will be a very good coach in this league.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
We definately need a win tonight....the Celts can't afford to continue this slide, we've fallen behind a few teams and everyone else is on our heels we need to gut this one out and get a W.

·
Registered
453 Posts
i agree that avery johnson will be a very successful coach in the NBA, but as for tonight, the Celtics really could use this game and need a win to get the ball rolling again and bounce back from this losing streak.. lets go C's!

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
PhearDaPierce said:
Philly is now in our rear-view..
We need to take this game and wrap it up.
But as I said in the other post it's gonna take Rebounding and Hard nose defense or we shouldn't even walk onto the court.
Gonna be a good one.

PdP

The 6ers have just lost to the Kings, they play the Suns tonight, and Dallas at friday.

I'm not THAT worried.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
18-13, Mavs, 30 seconds left in the 1st...

Dirk has 7 points as the high, figured the game would be more high scoring then that after 1, or near the end of 1.

-Petey

1 - 20 of 84 Posts