Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
April 2nd, 2005 - 7:30 PM (Central Time)

LA Lakers (33-38) @ San Antonio Spurs (53-19)

Previous Meetings:

Spurs 105, Lakers 96
Spurs 100, Lakers 83
Spurs 103, Sonics 91

Projected Starting Lineups:

Reserves:

Home sweet home. Looking for the series sweep and a bounce-back win, the Spurs better come ready to play for this game. Phoenix, Seattle, and Dallas all won yesterday, so we lost a game to all of them. While we're playing like crap on the road, we can't afford to lose home games under any circumstance. Lamar Odom is listed as questionable and he's missed the last 6 games or so for the Lakers. Without him they only have about 3 "true" big man, not including Jumaine Jones who's expected to start if Odom doesn't play. That means we have to take the ball to the basket at will. That means our big men need to play tough and stop playing like sissies. The Lakers can catch fire and rain threes a night long, and if that happens I'm not sure if we'd be able to win. However, the Lakers on the road are like the Spurs on the road minus Tim Duncan, so the Spurs just flat-out have to win this game.

Koko's Key's to Victory:

- Effort. Can't get anymore direct than this. The guys have to play like they care, and like they want to win games.

- Aggressiveness. There's basically no shot blocking presence on the Lakers at all, so the Spurs have to drive in the paint and convert on easy buckets.

- Perimeter defense. The minute the Spurs offer up wide open threes is the moment they lose the game. You can't afford to let them have easy looks at the basket.

The Spurs better win this game.

Prediction: Spurs 97, Lakers 89

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
14,767 Posts
What if Spurs don't win this... :eek8:

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
ohhh goodness if the spurs dont win this.. then i'd go crazy! spurs are playing at home and against the lakers... can it get easier than that?.... maybe but not by much

spurs 101
lakers 89

11,213 Posts
Horry, Barry and Mihm all out with injuries. It's a very physical game here. I just hope all the are alrite and no one else gets hurt...cept maybe Kobe :p.

52-56 Spurs with 8:47 left. Time out L.A.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
ezealen said:
Horry, Barry and Mihm all out with injuries. It's a very physical game here. I just hope all the are alrite and no one else gets hurt...cept maybe Kobe :p.

52-56 Spurs with 8:47 left. Time out L.A.

hahah wish came true... kobe somewhat got hurt. he was limping going to the bench at the end of 3rd quarter....

·
Banned
13,272 Posts
Parker is doing GREAT,man I'm sure sorry I traded him for Rip Hamilton on my fantasy team.92-93 GO SPURS!!!

EDIT: DAMNIT RASHO

11,213 Posts
CDRacingZX6R said:
He was hurt early in the fourth Quater, and then returned to the game. I was being sarcastic.
If he returned than he obviously wasn't hurt now was he? Let's stop argueing and start making fun of Kobe :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts