Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here we see the Celtics players, coaches, and training staff as they have their collective nosedive from contendership in the Eastern Conference.

The Celtics are hoping to defy the laws of gravity and get back on track Tuesday night in Washington against Gilbert Arenas and the Wizards. Arenas leads the Wiz in scoring with 25.7 a night, which puts him sixth in the league in ppg. Arenas also gets 1.9 spg, 5.2 apg and 4.6 rpg, but shoots 42.7% from the floor. Larry Hughes is impressing this season with 22.2 ppg and 6.3 rpg, while also getting 4.9 apg and a league leading 2.92 spg. Antwan Jamison is the third scorer for the Wizards with 19.6 ppg, 7.8 rpg (which leads the team). Jarvis Hayes is the top bench option with 10.2 ppg and 4.2 rpg, but is shooting just 38.9% from the floor. Brendan Haywood has declined a bit and is down to 9.4 ppg and 6.8 rpg while shooting 56.1% from the floor. Jared Jeffries is Jamison's fellow starting forward, but is used more for his defense as his 6.7 ppg and 4.9 rpg would indicate. Juan Dixon is another solid bench performer for the Wiz with 8.3 ppg and 2.1 rpg in just 16.7 mpg.

The Wizards lost to the Celtics in their last meeting on March 13th, which was the third win in the Celtics' seven game streak. Larry Hughes lead all scorers with 26 on 11-20 shooting. Hughes also had 9 boards and two steals. Gilbert Arenas had 25 points to go with six assists. Jared Jeffries went crazy with 13 points and 16 boards. Antwan Jamison went for 14 points. Brendan Haywood had 7 points and 12 assists. Steve Blake scored 9 points in 12 minutes and Kwame Brown had 5 boards in 15 minutes. Paul Pierce led the Celtics in scoring with 20 on 7-15 shooting. Raef LaFrentz had 19 points, five boards, and three blocks. Ricky Davis had 12 points, 6 assits, 5 boards, and two steals off the bench. Al Jefferson had one of his best games with 12 points on 6-12 shooting to go with 8 boards and 5 fouls in 17 minutes. Tony Allen had 12 points on 4-6 shooting in just 11 minutes of action. Antoine Walker had 11 points, 12 boards, two steals, and a block. Marcus Banks had 9 points and four assists in 14 minutes.

The Celtics entered the fourth down by nine, but Doc trotted out Tony Allen, Al Jefferson and Marcus Banks to start the fourth and went on a 10-3 run. Ricky Davis got a 3 point play with 21 seconds left and Gary Payton made a defensive play to seal the win.

After losing against the 76ers, we need to win this one to keep them off our backs. The Wizards beat teams by outscoring them, but the Celtics can keep pace with pretty much anyone in the league. Keeping pace with the Wizards will be a difficult test for this team that has had their confidence hit quite a bit.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I care, very much. It's just, that picture is soo true, it breaks my heart to talk games right now. Get a win Please?For me?For all of us here on BBB.Net?I just want an end to the madness....

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I care

Sadly, though, I smell a blowout.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
The only way to win:

LET PERKINS, BANKS AND AL PLAY. Fight power with power. Blount will be pushed around, as will Reaf (not as much as Blount), Al and Perk will not let anyone do that to them. And Banks will not let any guard blow by him. Please play the kids that want to play.

Pierce will also need to play better 1 on 1 defense, not just stand and try to get hit for a charge, or try to rebound.

I'd stick Ricky in someones face.

And I'd play West over Payton for defensive purposes. We'll get killed by their back court.

A funny thing is, Petey said how the C's are the only team that was not kept under 80 points this season, aren't we like the only team that hasn't kept a team under 100?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I hope to god we win tonight.
But as bad as I hate to say it.. I don't think we can beat this Washington team the way we're playing right now.
We better show up to win, Not just show up tonight.

PdP

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Nice move by Pierce for the open lay-in, I think he has been reading our post because he is playing very smart...

GP with the layup, timeout Washington

17-6 Boston

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
How about some apology notes for P2 he's really playing good tonight.Rebounding,passing,and RUNNING..there is a god

Where is everybody...im getting tired of seein my own posts.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Sorry WestSyde, it wouldn't let me post.

We're not getting any slack fromt the referees. That Gary Payton offensive foul was terrible. How about Delonte? Perkins has two fouls, but did good in the limited minutes he had. Mark Blount will not be able to handle Etan Thomas as evidenced by Thomas' easy hook shot that he maneuvered while being guarded by Blount.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
He's on fiyyyyyyah...I think Pierce missed 1 shot,5-6 I think, 15 pts in the 1st.

Glad 2 have you premier, now im not lonely :banana:

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Marcus Banks has been absolutly, positively horrible for however many minutes he has played tonight. One turnover (stupid double-dribble), missing open teammates, missing two free-throws and wasting down the clock so long that his teammates don't have any shots.

Pierce has been marvelous so far. Hopefully, he can continue his hot streak. Raef Lafrentz has also played well. He hit a couple of long shots and is getting a fair share of rebounds (4).

Boston, up 14 (33-19) after one.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Premier said:
Marcus Banks has been absolutly, positively horrible for however many minutes he has played tonight. One turnover (stupid double-dribble), missing open teammates, missing two free-throws and wasting down the clock so long that his teammates don't have any shots.

Pierce has been marvelous so far. Hopefully, he can continue his hot streak.

Boston, up 14 (33-19) after one.
So, that's why Marcus should have started over GP then right?

1 - 20 of 141 Posts