Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
April 6th, 2005 - 7:30 PM (Central Time)

LA Clippers (34-41) @ San Antonio Spurs (54-19)

Previous Meetings:

Spurs 98, Clippers 79
Spurs 80, Clippers 79

Projected Starting Lineups:

Reserves:

This is repetitive, but it's a must win, because we can't afford to lose home games at this point in the season. We've had three days to rest and recuperate, while the Clippers traveled from Charlotte to play a 2nd game of a back-to-back. Two of the Clippers' best players, Bobby Simmons and Chris Kaman, are both listed as questionable, and didn't play last night. We performed poorly against this team last game in the SBC Center where we had to rely on a Tony Parker layup to escape with a one point victory. Being well rested and seeing that the Clippers are on a back-to-back and have injury problems themselves, this should be a win for the Spurs.

Koko's Key's to Victory:

- Ball control. The Clippers on average turn the ball over two more times than their opponent, and the Spurs are vice-versa on that turning the ball over about 2 times less than their opponent. We can't afford to give the Clippers 2nd/3rd chances to score.

- Attack the basket. The Clippers are a little undersized starting two PF's, and although Brand is a good shot blocker, their interior defense isn't intimidating. Attacking the basket will open up the three point looks as well.

- Fast break offense. If our half-court offense is sluggish, we better push the damn ball up the floor and get some points on the break. If not, we're looking at another game in the 70-80's range that will go down to the wire.

Prediction: Spurs 94, Clippers 86

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
I think we should win this game, but without Tim and Devin, they can hang with us. They have a very talented team, and could possibly upset us in either this game or the next one we play against them. There bench is pretty depleted right now, so making this a up-n-down type of game may be a good idea, if we can hit our shots, and we can take care of the ball. We need to contain Wilcox, and keep their big guys off the offensive glass.

Prediction: Spurs 96 Clippers 87

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Our Key's To Victory:

Keep them off the offensive glass; if Brand, Wilcox and Maggette get offensive rebounds, they will easily turn them into garbage points, something we shouldn't allow them to get. If we can eliminate garbage points, then it will be hard for them to beat us.

Up-tempo style- They have a short bench right now, and keeping an up tempo game will be good, but only if we make a decent percentage of our shots. If we can get their big guys tired, then that will make it easier for Manu and Parker to penetrate in the lane.

Keep the TO's low- We need to run, but allow them not to run. Livingston can create in the open court, and Maggette, and Wilcox are good finishers. If our PGs are not having a good game handling the ball, then they could get alot of easy points on the fast break, which could cause us trouble.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
i think we should win it. our team is better then theres even with out duncan or brown. our bench is alot more deep then theres and i expect parker and manu to have great gm mybe barry will b flying the confidence. i think we will play like we did against seattle or atlanta we have had plenty of time to ajust and talk things over.
101spurs
89clippers

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I remember last game Chris Kaman was destroying us and looking like an All-Star out there. It will be a blessing if he is to sit out this game. Regardless of who plays, the Spurs should be able to pull out a win against the Clippers in this trap game.

Will Glenn Robinson play in this game?

Prediction:

Los Angeles Clippers - 87
San Antonio Spurs - 95

11,213 Posts
texan said:
Our Key's To Victory:

Keep them off the offensive glass; if Brand, Wilcox and Maggette get offensive rebounds, they will easily turn them into garbage points, something we shouldn't allow them to get. If we can eliminate garbage points, then it will be hard for them to beat us.

Up-tempo style- They have a short bench right now, and keeping an up tempo game will be good, but only if we make a decent percentage of our shots. If we can get their big guys tired, then that will make it easier for Manu and Parker to penetrate in the lane.

Keep the TO's low- We need to run, but allow them not to run. Livingston can create in the open court, and Maggette, and Wilcox are good finishers. If our PGs are not having a good game handling the ball, then they could get alot of easy points on the fast break, which could cause us trouble.
ooo! Texan's keys to victory too? It's not as catchy as "Koko's keys to victoy", but it's just as good :biggrin:

11,213 Posts
Ah, game time again. It's been a while but I'm sure the spurs really needed that rest. Spurs are looking pretty good, but it's still very early. Let's see if they can keep it up.

Spurs 4-2 10 minutes left.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
glenn comin in the gm wow parker seems to b doing well our d is great
... so far

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
yet the refs keep piling on bad calls :curse:

11,213 Posts
TheRoc5 said:
glenn comin in the gm wow parker seems to b doing well our d is great
... so far
TheRoc5! Good to see you on this thread rite now. I don't know but I'm really excited about this game :biggrin:

Manu with a lose ball foul but the spurs counter and are winning 7-2.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
guess cant complain boubt the refs every gm so ill complain about them when we loose our nxt gm lol time out nazi comin in. glenn is being quite so far

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I love the way the Spurs are hustling right now. Tony Parker is being super aggressive and it shows in his stats. We are just clamping down on the defensive end and are doing especially well at clogging the passing lanes. I have seen about 4 steals in the early going already.

Los Angeles Clippers - 5
San Antonio Spurs - 10

1st Quarter - 6:08 Remaining

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
TheRoc5 said:
guess cant complain boubt the refs every gm so ill complain about them when we loose our nxt gm lol time out nazi comin in. glenn is being quite so far
Has Glenn even been in the game? I seriously haven't seen him play a minute? Not sarcasm.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
LineOFire said:
Has Glenn even been in the game? I seriously haven't seen him play a minute? Not sarcasm.
ya i havent seen him play but sean said that he was in mybe he was mistaken im confused lol brent 4 3!

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
do yall relize when we play our motion offense and we play with lots of energy we have lots of tos but hey usally when we do that we win the gm by alot.
13-7 spurs
clipps turnd bal over 7 times so far 4 min

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
wow clips about to take a lead not good were taking way to many jumpers and wasting to much time

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Brent Barry hits a three pointer. Good sign. Nazr butterfingers a pass thrown straight at him from Tony Parker. The Clippers continue to turn the ball over but they are hitting their shots now. I hate Violet Palmer. :)

Los Angeles Clippers - 12
San Antonio Spurs - 13

1st Quarter - 2:30 Remaining

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
TheRoc5 said:
ya i havent seen him play but sean said that he was in mybe he was mistaken im confused lol brent 4 3!
Yeah, I heard them talking about Glenn coming into the game and I got confused too. :)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts