Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 219 Posts

· Registered
7,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Game 75

Cleveland Cavaliers (45-29) @ New York Knicks (19-54)

Wednesday, April 5, 2006
Time: 4:30pm PT, 7:30pm ET
TV: NBALP, WUAB
Radio: WTAM 1100

HEAD COACHES

PROBABLE STARTERS

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS’ BENCH

NEW YORK KNICKS’ BENCH

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS’ NOTES

Cleveland should win if they avoid playing sloppy basketball and don’t get phased by New York’s athletic players. If Cleveland makes this game a grinding affair and a war of execution, they’ll win the halfcourt battle.

Cleveland’s bombers need to stay hot. New York may throw a few zones and gimmick defenses at Cleveland in order to create confusion and turnovers. Damon Jones and Donyell Marshall need to blow the Knicks out of these schemes.

NEW YORK KNICKS’ NOTES

New York’s guards are all athletic and need to take control of this game. They not only need to score but also play clean and efficient basketball. Cavs' killer Jamal Crawford needs to be the leader and light it up.

New York needs to make this game a scrappy, chaotic and disorganized affair. Try to tempt Cleveland out of their comfort zone.

OVERVIEW

Cleveland has a 9-game winning streak and looks to extend that to 10 games against the New York Knicks. The Cavs have had problems of playing down to their level of competition. Coach Brown needs to have the Cavs step on the Knicks' neck early. If New York hangs around, they’ll have a chance for the upset and giving Cleveland a disappointing loss.

Reactions: LBJthefuturegoat

· Registered
1,106 Posts
I dont know why, I have a bad feeling about this one, but we ARE on a 9 or is it 10 game wining streak and we've looked good so far, lets see if Z will be back hope he will be, but if not then this could be a good test for the Cavs to see how they play with AV starting and how they play w/o Z ,

· Registered
7,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also hope Zydrunas wasn't seriously hurt and was held out of the game for precautionary reasons. In the past, Ilgauskas has had some nice games and good moments against Curry. But the door swings both ways, as Eddy is very capable of scoring on Zydrunas as well.

· Registered
3,315 Posts
Has anyone noticed how quiet a 9 game winning streak we are having? Just seems like nobody has noticed in the national media. Guess it's because of the Nets 13 game win streak.

2,289 Posts
The OUTLAW said:
Has anyone noticed how quiet a 9 game winning streak we are having? Just seems like nobody has noticed in the national media. Guess it's because of the Nets 13 game win streak.
And i think thats just fine. Right where we want to be sneaking up on people. But you also gotta think Washington has been hot of late and no one is speaking of them.

Also, I really hope Mike Browns thinks twice about playing Zydrunas tomorrow if he is able too. Rest those tired ankles of his. We more than likely have the 4th seed locked up, with bigger games to come. Dont make a stupid decision now by starting Zydrunas.

With the unit of Drew/AV it was very athletic and quick on the floor, it was fun too watch. It could have been the 76ers horrible defense or the way they were playing i couldnt tell.

But damn, doesnt are bench look scary now. The way DJ is hitting with Larry/AV/Marshall/DJ all coming off the bench. And even Sasha at times if needed has stepped up. I think this will be signs to come of Eric Snow losing alot of playing time, but i hope as Captain and Leader he handles as one.

· Registered
7,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yahoo! | NBA | Cleveland Cavaliers/New York Knicks Preview (click on picture)

· Premium Member
18,791 Posts
Re: Yahoo! | NBA | Cleveland Cavaliers/New York Knicks Preview (click on picture)

I don't have a good feeling about this game. I think we'll win but it will be tough
1 Back to back ending on the road
2 We play down to the competition level
3 Knicks have has SO much bad pub that they have incentive to play good against the superstar Lebron

2,289 Posts
"If we're up by 30, I feel a little more comfortable sitting," said James, who admitted it was nice to get a rare few minutes rest. "If we're ahead only 10 or 12, I get nervous."

Thats a funny but true statement made by lebron after the game. Sitting up by 12 and your nervous, hopefully his teammates dont read that. lol

· Registered
7,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^ I remember against the Knicks in the past, we blew about a 15 point lead with less than 4 minutes remaining in the game. I was so angry after that, I don't remember much else about that night. LOL

· Registered
2,117 Posts
No this will be a W... somewhere around 105-95 Cavs. :banana:

1 - 20 of 219 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.