RPG - Yao Ming 8.3
APG - Tracy McGrady 5.7

WARRIORS Starting lineup:

BENCH

Leaders:

PPG - Jason Richardson 22.1
RPG - Troy Murphy 11.1
APG - Baron Davis 7.5

Well...the last time we played this team, Zarko Cabarkapa and Michael Pietrus KILLED us, so when they come in, they'll be seeing red (well, of course they will, the Rockets wear red). Our rotation (defense, that is) has to get better against this team. Baron Davis has been playing better since the last time we saw them 2 weeks ago. Also, no Howard here like the last time, in which he was money against the Warriors.

The Rockets HAVE to shoot well...we can't play in the 70s against this team, or this will be loss #3 in a row. T-Mac is banged up,Yao is banged up, Sura is banged up, Wesley is building a mansion with bricks, along with James and Barry is hurt (likely out), so SOMETHING has to go right, huh? If we can get back to shooting well, I'm sure we win this game....regardless, the Warriors are going to make us work hard for this one.

Rockets 93
Warriors 87

·
Registered
47 Posts
The Warriors are clicking on all cylinders and the Rockets, well, aren't. Houston will have a tough time guarding Baron Davis, and Murphy will have a monster night on the glass. Warriors win.

GS - 96
HOU - 84

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Hope the GT switcharoo works, excellent game thread ThaShark.

Bowen should start at the three with Wesley on the bench, because Wesley is becoming a black hole on offense. Plus, we need a guy like Bowen to chase Cabarkapa all over the court. If Davis gets off to a hot start, then I don't mind bringing Wesley in to guard Davis and keeping Sura on the bench.

If we can stop Murphy from dominating the boards, guard the perimeter and get Yao more than 16 shots it should be a win.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Rockets should win because ThaShark316 is creating the Game Thread. About time Rockets redeem themselves. McGrady and the role players should step up. I bet Warriors are going to double team Yao and McGrady, so Sura, James, Wesley,Bowen and Padgett have to step up to hit the wide open shots.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
i pridict a huge win. we should dominate the boards. we can play well and match up well against the warriors. tmac should do well against j-rich and yao should b fine. the only thing is that the pg spot is a little wry baron will have his way against the depleted sura. james should get lots of minutes.
111 rox
105 warriors
star player yao

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Rockets role players, STOP TAKING SO MANY SHOTS. Yao needs to come up big. I don't see the Rockets getting out of their shooting slump anytime soon. If they don't get going again tomorrow, I'm going to have to assume it carries through the rest of the season and lose all hope for doing anything in the postseason (if we even get there).

·
Registered
488 Posts
SUNS, JIMMY JACKSON:
"We didn't think that Ryan (Bowen) could make enough jump shots to beat us. Our game plan was to stop Tracy (McGrady) and Yao (Ming) and we knew it would leave open shots."

SUNS, JOE JOHNSON:
"Our defense really played well and we helped out defensively on both Tracy (McGRady) and Yao (Ming). We contested every shot and I got good help from my teammates."

SUNS, SHAWN MARION:
"Before the game the coaches told me to play half on Yao (Ming) and half on my man. We played great defense on Tracy (McGrady). We were trapping him to get the ball out of his hands and then tried to keep him from getting the ball back."

Well, the above quotes tell us a lot about what other teams will do when they play against Rockets. They are going to defend our star players tightly, double or even triple and dare our other shooters to shoot. Role players, please do your part and take up the challenge.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Love to see Rockets win with Yao doing something as spectacular as what he did below.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
My prediction:

Warriors 92
-
Rockets 79

:whoknows: I think the Warriors are one of the hottest teams right now!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Screw it, I'm saying rockets blowout.

Rockets 115
Warriors 80

The rockets defense has been playing well these past few games. The offense has to wake up at some point and I'm saying it's this game.

BTW what's the count on J-Ho's return from injury? A little under 2 weeks if all goes well?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
FirstRocket said:
SUNS, JIMMY JACKSON:
"We didn't think that Ryan (Bowen) could make enough jump shots to beat us. Our game plan was to stop Tracy (McGrady) and Yao (Ming) and we knew it would leave open shots."

SUNS, JOE JOHNSON:
"Our defense really played well and we helped out defensively on both Tracy (McGRady) and Yao (Ming). We contested every shot and I got good help from my teammates."

SUNS, SHAWN MARION:
"Before the game the coaches told me to play half on Yao (Ming) and half on my man. We played great defense on Tracy (McGrady). We were trapping him to get the ball out of his hands and then tried to keep him from getting the ball back."

Well, the above quotes tell us a lot about what other teams will do when they play against Rockets. They are going to defend our star players tightly, double or even triple and dare our other shooters to shoot. Role players, please do your part and take up the challenge.
LOL Look at the Suns try to convince themselves they played defense. They had a horrible shooting night, and they didn't stop Yao, Yao was doing great until Yao stopped Yao by getting tired. McGrady is beat up and was double teamed, but left shooters wide open. The ONLY reason we lost was because the shooters wouldnt make their shots. They had open looks.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
ThaShark316, you have somehow put a * between the pictures of jon barry and ryan bowen!

·
Premium Member
6,651 Posts
Rickbarry said:
Screw it, I'm saying rockets blowout.

Rockets 115
Warriors 80

The rockets defense has been playing well these past few games. The offense has to wake up at some point and I'm saying it's this game.

BTW what's the count on J-Ho's return from injury? A little under 2 weeks if all goes well?
Rockets blow out the Warriors when Golden State is on such a streak? And you claim Rick Barry's name?

Warriors 98
Rockets 91

You ought to be ashamed of yourself, 'Rickbarry'.

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
DwyaneWade4MVP said:
ThaShark316, you have somehow put a * between the pictures of jon barry and ryan bowen!
Barry was questionable before... now it's been confirmed he will be out for tonight's game.

bruindre said:
Rockets blow out the Warriors when Golden State is on such a streak? And you claim Rick Barry's name?

You do know that Barry also played for the Rockets?

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Mr. Roger's Cardigan said:
:greatjob:

·
Premium Member
6,651 Posts
Mr. Roger's Cardigan said:
Barry was questionable before... now it's been confirmed he will be out for tonight's game.

Yeah, and Willie Mays also played for the Mets, and Dominique Wilkins also played for the Spurs (AND Clippers)....

Did you know that Rick Barry won a CHAMPIONSHIP with the Warriors?

·
Registered
238 Posts
bruindre said:

Warriors 98
Rockets 91

Why should I be ashamed of myself? I'm a rockets fan who just happens to like Rick Barry. I can choose whomever I wish to win this game no matter who has a better "streak". Thanks for the lecture tho. You've changed my life.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts