Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
5,397 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
For one.. Luke is like the worst shooter on the team.. yea he played well but shouldnt be excused for that bull**** he just pulled..

they had one more god damn timeout, no?
He's gotten better with his shot. It was a reasonable gamble there's really no point of getting mad. The Lakers really did fought hard tonight... coming back from a 18 point deficit and forcing an OT? I gotta give a standing ovation. :clap:

· Premium Member
5,397 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
I think I've seen it all when people are OK with the one of the WORST SHOOTERS, if not worse, on the Lakers takes the final shot and misses in god damn overtime.. What the hell? Just because Luke played good?
It's not what about Luke has done throughout his career. He's been knocking down those threes for a few months and has been carrying a hot hand. Yes, it would been awfully nice to have Kobe shoot the last shot, but do you want to see another ending that happened in New Jersey where Kobe was force to get an awkward pass, make a few dribble 28 feet away from the basket, and shoot the basketball fading away? No.

Let's try to enjoy the fact that the Lakers played a good game. If this was the playoff, rip the **** out Luke for taking that three, but for now, consider it as a learning process.

· Premium Member
5,397 Posts
Bartholomew Hunt said:
The reason Kwame was in is because he is the strongest screen setter. Clearly you need that to get your guy open. It didn't quite work for Kobe, but it did work to get Luke open in the corner after Kwame gave it back to him. Cook would have titty bumped him, then cried. Okay, he's not that soft. :) See Dwyane Wade hit.
Yeah that makes sense since intially the last play was for Kobe to cluster around a bunch of big guys and then shoot out like a comet and free himself from the double or triple team. Too bad the comet play doesn't really work anymore for the Lakers anymore.

· Premium Member
5,397 Posts
1) Phil didn't replace Kawme with Brian Cook. I think BH made a good point about this.
2) Phil didn't put Kobe on Melo for the last half of the fourth, or in OT. Would have to agree but we needed Kobe on the offensive end plus I believe Kobe had 4 fouls during the fourth and 5 fouls during OT.
3) Phil didn't enforce enough clock management.It's hard to blame Phil on this one because one of the things Jackson likes to teach is, for the players to handle pressured situation on their own. With the season at near ends, I think the players should know by now how they should manage the clock.

Those reasons aren't really crisp clear.. Mike Thompson has a point.

· Premium Member
5,397 Posts
CDRacingZX6R said:
Yeah, but Cook wasn't in the game. Which isnt Lukes fault.

Luke isn't the coach, Phil should have made the substition.. Having all shooters on the floor would have made that last pass much better, but there wasn't the option.
Do we even have a shooter on this team? :biggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.