Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
201 - 217 of 217 Posts

· Because BBF needs a hero
8,346 Posts
Don't know if anyone is listening to 570, but Mike Thompsons said he believes the loss should be faulted mainly at the coaching for these reasons:

1) Phil didn't replace Kawme with Brian Cook.
2) Phil didn't put Kobe on Melo for the last half of the fourth, or in OT.
3) Phil didn't enforce enough clock management.

· Premium Member
6,356 Posts
CDRacingZX6R said:
And if luke would have made it you would have been singing priase all week.

Give me a break, if that would have been Brian Cook running the same play you would have been like 'He tried his best guys, it was a good play! KOBE WAS GUARDED MAN!".

Nothing wrong with being pissed off at the play, but Lamar Odom had the best chance at getting the ball but he stood there like a retard. And Kobe had two guys humping him and Kawme Brown was 10 feet away from the basket.

The truth is, which you avoid every time.. Is that if the team played SMARTER in the final minute, there wouldnt be a need for the game winner. Im talking about Odoms horrible jumpshot when he had a clear path to the rim (Which he admittedin the Times), and kobes retarded shot attempt that wasn't needed with time left on the clock.

Luke was put in a crappy situation where he was damned if he did, and damned if he didn't. If he would have forced a bad pass to Kobe, everyone would have been like "DID YOU SEE LAMAR WAS OPEN UNDER THE POST?", etc. He did a play, got the open look the team wanted and if he would have made it would have been the hero.
Everyone would have wanted Cook to take the shot because this year Cook is shooting 50% and 44% from long range while Luke is only shooting 40% and 37% from behind the arc.

· Premium Member
5,397 Posts
1) Phil didn't replace Kawme with Brian Cook. I think BH made a good point about this.
2) Phil didn't put Kobe on Melo for the last half of the fourth, or in OT. Would have to agree but we needed Kobe on the offensive end plus I believe Kobe had 4 fouls during the fourth and 5 fouls during OT.
3) Phil didn't enforce enough clock management.It's hard to blame Phil on this one because one of the things Jackson likes to teach is, for the players to handle pressured situation on their own. With the season at near ends, I think the players should know by now how they should manage the clock.

Those reasons aren't really crisp clear.. Mike Thompson has a point.

· Because BBF needs a hero
8,346 Posts
Laker Freak said:
Everyone would have wanted Cook to take the shot because this year Cook is shooting 50% and 44% from long range while Luke is only shooting 40% and 37% from behind the arc.

Yeah, but Cook wasn't in the game. Which isnt Lukes fault.

Luke isn't the coach, Phil should have made the substition.. Having all shooters on the floor would have made that last pass much better, but there wasn't the option.

· Premium Member
5,397 Posts
CDRacingZX6R said:
Yeah, but Cook wasn't in the game. Which isnt Lukes fault.

Luke isn't the coach, Phil should have made the substition.. Having all shooters on the floor would have made that last pass much better, but there wasn't the option.
Do we even have a shooter on this team? :biggrin:

· Registered
5,522 Posts
TwiBlueG35 said:
It is a tough loss, a close game losing is always tough.....The problem is why did Nuggets got so many easy layups and dunks? It was all about the 1st quarter, if not those easy points, Lakers could have easily won yesterday's game. They outscored Nuggets three out of four quarters. Also, the officiating was not too good. Lamar was simply raising hands, and the referee called foul on him. What did you expect him to do? Kept backing off? Nuggets couldn't make any shot except free throws in the overtime......After watching that game, I say Lakers is a better team overall than Nuggets. Also, I am happy that Luke didn't pass to Kobe again the last 3.8 second of the overtime and shot the ball himself. Even he didn't make it, it would tell the opponents that it is not always Kobe shooting the last shot.
more whining about the refs - again from the fans that should be doing the least of it.

· Registered
5,522 Posts
CDRacingZX6R said:
The sad part about this.. Is that your proud of barely beating a team like the Lakers... It took a game winner, when you guys were almost up by 20 points.. Haha. Or how about the Clippers... Nugs could post 77 in the first half and still not leave with a victory. You boys better prey Memphis tanks the season and you play the Lakers in the first round, otherwise your really gonna get your asses handed to you.

Now thats comedy. :clap: :laugh:
yeah - it was comedy. a ranting, crying laker fan after a loss = :laugh: I enjoyed it.

besides, a) of course im proud of a win...any win is great b) did you just insult your own team? :laugh: c) melo is clutch, making the win even better d) crying about our last game that had nothing to do with your own team? classic reply by someone like you (changing the subject because of course, you did not like the current subject - lakers losing) e) im not worried about the grizz either. we can handle them and have proven it before.

· Registered
5,522 Posts
CubanLaker said:
Dude. In a 7 games series, the Lakers can hand them their asses just as well. All in all this was a collective bad effort and Denver only won on a gamewinner at home. If the Lakers come with their game faces on we can serve up the Nuggs in series. :biggrin:
id love to see a lakers-nuggets first round matchup. wed definitely rather play the lakers than the grizz or clips. easy choice.

· Registered
5,522 Posts
KOBEDUNKEDONSHAQ said:
This Nuggets fan is cocky, you act like you guys just won a playoff series.
lol sorry but if a laker fan is gonna talk trash, i surely can do it back. dont cry about it. im not being cocky but i would FAR rather play the lakres than the grizz or clips. can you blame me for thinking that? the grizz and clips are just better teams...its simple logic.

201 - 217 of 217 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.