Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Brick Top: "Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retrobution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified, in this case, by a horrible ****...

Allen Iverson."

The Celtics will be looking to Snatch a victory from Allen Iverson and the 76ers. The Sixers, meanwhile, will be hoping that their playoff hopes aren't chopped up into six pieces and fed to the pigs.

Iverson is that trash-talking, tattoo-sporting point guard who is putting up MVP numbers and is harder than a coffin nail. The elder AI is averaging 30.6 ppg, which is the most he's scored in three years and a career high 7.7 apg. Iverson's 2.4 spg are good for second in the league. However, Iverson does average a league high 4.63 turnovers, which is also a career high for him.

"**** me, would you look at the size of him? How big are you?"

Chris Webber is indeed a large fellow. The 6-10, 245 lb powerforward hasn't played up to form since coming over from Sacramento. Webber is averaging just 15.8 ppg, 7.8 rpg, and 3.1 apg, while shooting a poor 38.8% from the floor. He has also hurt his shoulder and is questionable for the next game against the Cavs and should be for this game as well. Marc Jackson is another large individual who has done well for Jim O'Brien's boys. Jackson averages 11.7 ppg and 5.2 rpg in just over 24 minutes a night. Kyle Korver, who is obsessed with the three pointer, averages 11.2 ppg on 40% three point shooting. Korver also averages 4.6 rpg and has taken 74% of his shots from behind the arch. Andre Iguodala has shown flashes of supreme brilliance this season. The lottery pick averages 8.8 ppg, 5.7 rpg, and 1.69 spg while shooting a terrific 49% from the floor. Sam Dalembert hasn't been the breakout success that people were predicting, but has been a steady performer with 8.0 ppg and 7.5 rpg while shooting a team high 52% from the floor. Willie Green has been the top bench performer with 7.7 ppg, but shoots a poor 36% from the floor. Rodney Rogers is the other backup of note with 6.2 ppg and 3.9 rpg, but is also struggling with the shot, hitting just 38.8% of his attempts.

It looks like Philadelphia is out of the division race as they have fallen 3.5 games back, while the Celtics only have seven more to play.

"They'll charm the paint off the walls these fellas."

To win this game, the Celtics will have to avoid being charmed by the 76ers. They can't afford to let Iverson have his way dribbling and slashing through the defense to the hoop. They can't afford to let Andre Iquodala and Sam Dalembert get highlight reel dunks that get the crowd in the game. They can't afford to let Chris Webber, assuming he plays, have his way shooting and passing out of the post.

It should be noted that we lost to these same Sixers sans Webber on April 3rd at home. Iverson scored 38 points and had nine assists and six steals to lead the team. Sam Dalembert provided 18 points and 15 boards as well. Andre Iquodala had 10 points, five boards, and five steals, as the Sixers had 19 as a team. Ricky Davis led the Cetlics with 27 points. Paul Pierce had 26 points, 13 boards, six assists, and three steals. Raef LaFrentz had 14 points, 13 boards, and three blocks. The Sixers shot .365 from the field to the Celtics also rough .392. However, the Sixers took 96 shots to the Celtics' 76 and also led by as many as 26 in the first quarter.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Re: GAME 76: Celtics at 76ers

Congrats agoo, you have just outdone yourself, and for being the best game thread maker on bbb.net. :D

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Re: GAME 76: Celtics at 76ers

The outcome of this game will soley lie on whether we can keep Allen Iverson under 30 points, in my opinion. Also, our slow half-court offense last game didn't help as it gave the 76ers ample opportunity to organize their defense, making it harder for us to score.

·
Where he belongs...
3,814 Posts
agoo101284 said:
It looks like Philadelphia is out of the division race as they have fallen 3.5 games back, while the Celtics only have seven more to play.

nice post agoo but check ur resources...philly is only 2 games back from the celts...yes...2...its surprising to me too but if we dont win this game we are in serious jeopardy of losing the division since the sixers already own the tiebreaker...ugh... :cry:

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
#1AntoineWalkerFan said:
nice post agoo but check ur resources...philly is only 2 games back from the celts...yes...2...its surprising to me too but if we dont win this game we are in serious jeopardy of losing the division since the sixers already own the tiebreaker...ugh... :cry:
agoo posted this two or three days ago so every statistic might not be completly accurate. Realistically, we'll finish the season with three wins and three losses in the remaining six games. For the 76ers to win the Atlantic Division, they would have to finish the season with five wins and only one loss. Here is their schedule:

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr class="bg2" valign="top"><td>0</td><td>11</td><td class="bg4" title="">12 BOS
7:00pm
<script>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1113346800))</script></td><td>13</td><td class="bg4" title="">14 MIA
8:00pm
<script>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1113523200))</script></td><td title="">15 @IND
8:00pm
<script>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1113609600))</script></td><td>16</td></tr> <tr class="bg2" valign="top"><td title="">17 @NJ
6:00pm
<script>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1113775200))</script></td><td class="bg4" title="">18 MIL
<script>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1113865200))</script></td><td>19</td><td class="bg4" title="">20 ATL
<script>document.write(formatTime('%I:%M%p', 1114038000))</script></td><td>21</td><td>22</td><td>23</td></tr></tbody> </table>
In my opinion, they will lose atleast twice in the remaining six games with one loss to Miami and the other to either Boston, Indiana, or New Jersey. I think our lead in the Atlantic is safe.

·
Where he belongs...
3,814 Posts
Premier said:
I think our lead in the Atlantic is safe.
well...i hope u r right...but i really think it comes down to whoever wins on tuesday...rememebr that one game counts as 2 in reality so the 3-3 and 5-2 thing could be a little off...if the sixers win on tuesday as they've won the last 3 times this season they'll only be one game back with tiebreaker in hand...if the celts win the sixers will be 3 games back...imo it all comes down to this game...the way the celts have been playing doesnt allow me to be very optimistic at this point

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
I agree. Our playoff seeding is going to directly result from the outcome of this game. If Philadelphia wins this game, I don't see why they cannot close out their remaining five games 4-1, as they will be surging (like they aren't already). If the Celtics pull it off, we would have a comfortable lead and more momentum for the final games of the regular season and coming into the playoffs. I don't use the word "must-win" a lot, but this game is as close to a "must-win" as I can remember.

·
Where he belongs...
3,814 Posts
ditto premier :cheers:

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
As much as I hate saying this (Sorry Truth34), but I don't see the 6ers winning the season series against us and I have a very good feeling about this game.

Just let them shoot their 3s, watch out for their quick shots, and run at them.

It will be a good game. I remember the comeback 3 years ago, with Toine hitting one BIG shot in the last few minutes (trey) with a banged up knee.

·
Where he belongs...
3,814 Posts
they have already won the season series against us

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Sadly, I'm rooting for the Celtics in this game!

-Joe C.

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
#1AntoineWalkerFan said:
As has already been stated, I did this before I left for my weekend retreat with my fraternity. I might go back and update it some if I get the chance before the game, but that's unlikely. As it is, I should be doing my paper now instead of responding to every thread on the board.

I think this is a must win and I think the Celtics know that and will respond accordingly. I am looking forward to seeing our effort in this one. Of course, the Sixers know the same and will respond similarly. I'm not really looking forward to seeing their efforts.

I think this will be a close game and it will take a great game by someone to take it. Luckily for us, we have Antoine, Paul, Ricky and Raef who are capable of great games.

·
Where he belongs...
3,814 Posts
agoo101284 said:
As has already been stated, I did this before I left for my weekend retreat with my fraternity.

understood...my fault :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
At the begging of the season I made some wagers thet as of now I am almost regreting. My bet was the Sixers could not sweep the Celtics in a season let alone a playoff matchup. I hope and pray they win this game. I know for a fact a playof sweep would not happen IF they were to get past there probable matchup of Detroit. GO GREEN

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Entertaining game thread. 110-100 Sixers win.

Allen Iverson leads the assists category for the night.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Better get out your wallet, WestSyde

I think we're going to see Detroit a lot sooner than we thought. Sixers are going to win this game, and probably the division.

Antoine is going to have to be HUGE if we are going to have any chance tomorrow.

·
Where he belongs...
3,814 Posts
celtics ege this out on a banked-in antoine 3 at the buzzer....celtics win 97-96 :clap:

nash leads in ast

1 - 20 of 287 Posts