Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Lottery balls are at stake tonight as the Hawks host the first game of a home-and-home against the Charlotte Bobcats. If the Hawks win, it will be their first two-game winning streak of the year, but they'd better not win both games or they risk losing the inside track on the top pick in the draft.

The Bobcats are led by Rookie-of-the-Year candidate Emeka Okafor, who averages 15.3 points and 10.8 rebounds. Okafor posted 19 straight double-doubles earlier in the season, and will go for his eighth straight double-double tonight. Brevin Knight is second in the league in assists per game at 8.9, and first in the league in injuries. The odds of him playing full minutes in both Hawks games are slim to none. The Bobcats also found Primoz Brezec in the expansion draft, and he is averaging 13 points and 7.3 rebounds for them.

For the first time in I can't remember how long, the Hawks are actually favored to win this game. The oddsmakers have taken notice as the two Joshes are playing well, along with Tony Delk and Tyronn Lue. But the real contest between these two teams will take place a month and a half from now in Secaucus, New Jersey during halftime of a playoff game. Hopefully the Hawks will win both tonight's game and the lottery.

<font face = "verdana" size=2>Charlotte Bobcats at Atlanta Hawks
Monday, 04.11.2005, 7:30 PM EDT

Projected Starting Lineups

</center>

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I would love to see another W.. The worst team in the league only has a 25% chance at getting the #1 pick, so it is no guarantee..

I don't understand how Charlotte has more wins than us. IMO, we have better talent, but w/e.. I guess they have the better coach..

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Charlotte are an extremely underrated squad, they just struggle closing out their matches. They play with heart

Atlanta: 88
Charlotte: 92

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
The Josh's have played a great 1st half of basketball.

Emeka Okafor has been invisible so far. Only 1 field goal attempt.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lue ties the game in the closing seconds again! This guy has made a bunch of clutch plays this season. The Hawks need to try to keep him.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
TheATLien said:
I feel sorry for Brezec.. what Smooth just did to him, oh man, it's not right..

He had another chance to posterize someone with the HigH ally-oop one handed jam but just couldn't put in. That would've been nice!

Anyhow, this game should've been a win since they have like a ~14 point lead in the first half. And Lue thinks he can knock down everyshot now.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
master8492 said:
He had another chance to posterize someone with the HigH ally-oop one handed jam but just couldn't put in. That would've been nice!

Anyhow, this game should've been a win since they have like a ~14 point lead in the first half. And Lue thinks he can knock down everyshot now.
Yeah that one handed one that bounced off, wow that would've been SportsCenter #1 for sure... I'm pissed off we couldn't get the win, we outplayed them practically the entire game except for the last minute of OT, but oh well.. Meaningless game.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts