Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts
11,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
April 10th, 2005 8:00 PM (Central Time)

San Antonio Spurs (56-20) @ Golden State Warriors (31-45)

Projected Starting Lineups

Tony Parker -- Manu Ginobili -- Bruce Bowen -- Robert Horry -- Rasho Nesterovic

Baron Davis - Jason Richardson - Mike Dunleavy - Troy Murphy - Adonal Foyle

Spurs just got back from a very emotional win just earlier this morning. They should be exhausted and I don't blame them. That was the first actually good preformance from the spurs in while. Manu played more than 50 minutes last night and I highly doubt he'll be playing at all, and there is no word about Rasho's ankle yet that I know of, but I still put them in the projected starting lineups just in case they decide to make a special appearance. I'm still excited from last nights game. My head is still aching, my stomach is still turning, and my heart is still pounding. I could only imagine that it's the same way for most of you guys, but that game is behind us now. We've got to focus on tonight's game. If we lose, I wouldn't be too dissapointed because I expect us to; but if we win, I think we can safely say that the number one seed is ours :biggrin: .

EaZy Keys to Victory (Like the play on words type deal goin on? :biggrin: )

-Do not let Mike Pietrus do whatever he wants . He scored 28 pts (including a dizzling 6/6 3 pts) in the last game .

-Do not try to compete with the warriors offensively , they are just to good at it at the moment .

- Rebounding. Golden State never gives up on rebounds on both ends of the floor. The Spurs have to be prepared to block-out, because you can't afford to give such a high-powered offense multiple chances.

- Perimeter shooting. It's blatantly apparent that if we don't knock down jumpers, we can't win, especially on the road. I'm not sure if Manu is playing or not, but as a team we have got to hit some perimeter shots.

- Tempo. We have a much better chance in a halfcourt game as opposed to a full-blown shootout. This "Key" relies heavily on the first key (Rebounding), but if we can control the defensive boards and the tempo, we have a real shot at winning.

~*Special thanks to Koko and ballstorm for actually making these keys to victoy*~

Prediction: a loss, but an understandable one....as long as we don't get blown out too badly :biggrin:

Spurs: 86
Warriors: 98

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
nice nice ezealen very nice thread. i think everythin points to a loss but for some reason im not going to prict a loss we win. key player parker
101spurs
99warriors
hopefull it wont go into overtime but rather that and we win then not and lose.
*note this might be the last gm with out duncan :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
ez will u be here tonight

·
Registered
618 Posts
sorry OT but when will Duncan be back?? anyone know yet? just coming back for playoffs?

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
there sayin he might be bak the nxt gm but not positive... so hopefully this is his last gm with out playing

11,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
P2TheTruth34 said:
sorry OT but when will Duncan be back?? anyone know yet? just coming back for playoffs?
The only date they gave just an estimate they made a while ago. Last update they had on Tim's injury said that they still hope to get him back by that day though, which was April 12th.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
ezealen said:
The only date they gave just an estimate they made a while ago. Last update they had on Tim's injury said that they still hope to get him back by that day though, which was April 12th.
brent barry said either last night or dallas gm that he definitly thanks duncan will be back the orginal day of estimate

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
ezealen said:
Yes I will, but I mite be off an on like last night.
hopefully it will be an easy victory and wont last as long lol

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
thats whwt the lac announcers said

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
i just bet 5000 on the spurs lol

11,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm a put 1,000 on them...bye bye points :cry:

Edit: Spurs get plus 9! Maybe this won't be a waste of points :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
TheRoc5 said:
nice nice ezealen very nice thread.
Yes very nice game thread...one of the best ive seen ...anyways my game prediction is 108-90 Gsw..heh sry guys but have to go with Gsw cause there on fire and u guys dont have duncan right now..maybe even with duncan u might now win but it would be very close..

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
BaLLiStiX17 said:
Yes very nice game thread...one of the best ive seen ...anyways my game prediction is 108-90 Gsw..heh sry guys but have to go with Gsw cause there on fire and u guys dont have duncan right now..maybe even with duncan u might now win but it would be very close..
im the only one that thinks we can win :biggrin:

11,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BaLLiStiX17 said:
the only reason I don't think we'll win is because we just got back from a doulbt OT game earlier this morning.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
just got to v bookie its at the top

1 - 20 of 146 Posts