Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at

While the Hawks struggle to get their first win, one of the formerly most useless players in the NBA is blowing up in Dallas. On Tuesday against Denver, DeSagana Diop set career highs with 16 points and 6 blocks, and had a game-saving block of Carmelo Anthony in the final seconds. Erick Dampier finished the game with one of the most comical statlines ever seen, 4 fouls, 4 turnovers, and all zeroes the rest of the way across the board.

In Dampier and Doug Christie, the Mavericks have two of the few starters in the NBA that have been as useless as Josh Childress thus far.

The Hawks are coming off a disappointing finish in San Antonio, where they got off to a 13-point lead in the first half but still managed to lose by 24. Second-half meltdowns are becoming all too common with this Hawks team.

When: Tuesday, November 15, 8:30 PM
Where: SBC Center
Line: San Antonio by 15.5

<center>Projected Starters</center>
---------
---------
---------
---------

Tyronn Lue--------Joe Johnson--------Josh Childress------Al Harrington--------Zaza Pachulia

---------
---------
---------
---------

Jason Terry-------Doug Christie--------Josh Howard-------Dirk Nowitzki--------Erick Dampier

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I think Atlanta will keep this one close, at the very least. Dallas is a tough place to win at on the road, though.

Joe needs to step up.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why is Josh Smith hogging the ball so much when he has hardly any offensive skills more than a few feet away from the basket? C'mon Josh. :nonono:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I agree that Josh Smith need to work on defense only to help the team win right now and drive to the basket when given the opportunity.

I'm glad they changed the starting lineup and the Hawks did not loose by 10+ in the 3rd quarter :banana:

But the big thing is the ball should be in Joe Johnson's hand in the 4th quarter... because Lue and Salim kept turning the ball over and every posession counts.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Damn. It was close until the very end.

This team truly has no structure when attempting to run a offense.

Help.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Pretty good performance for Zaza. 21 and 12? Not too bad. And that was with going 7 for 16 from the field.

Dampier, on the other hand.. 0 points, 6 fouls, 6 turnovers in 20 minutes. There was a topic on the NBA forum this week on who was better. I think the answer is clear. Zaza is okay as a starter but Damp is just completely worthless. Good thing Atlanta didn't give him that big offer two seasons ago.

Dirk was pretty much held in check, I thought. He didn't go off. But Josh Howard did. 25 points, including 5 blocked shots. I really like the way he plays the game..

I think Atlanta needs to trade for a third scorer, because it is not going to be Childress. And Marvin does not appear ready for that role. Hopefully, Billy can make a move..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts