Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only caught the end of this game, so I got to watch us blow a 4th quarter lead and then take it in OT. Noah is having himself a nice year so far... 16 ppg 9.8 rbs 3.5 assists 2.3 bpg 1.4 spg on 50% shooting from the field and 79% from the line. He had 21 and 12 in this game and made some key plays down the stretch.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Noah has been a stud this year. He's showing he's more than just an energy guy. Boozer was tremendous. Deng had another good game.

I'm ready for Kirk to heal up. Nate brings some good things, but having to play him big minutes also shows his deficiencies.

What is wrong with Taj? He's having a pretty terrible season so far.

Anyway, it was nice to see a game where the starters produced and Thibs was able to ride them down the stretch.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Noah has been a stud this year. He's showing he's more than just an energy guy. Boozer was tremendous. Deng had another good game.

I'm ready for Kirk to heal up. Nate brings some good things, but having to play him big minutes also shows his deficiencies.

What is wrong with Taj? He's having a pretty terrible season so far.

Anyway, it was nice to see a game where the starters produced and Thibs was able to ride them down the stretch.
That last statement is a good observation.

Taj misses Omer?

Buyer's remorse?

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Taj hasn't been terrible, hes just a crap offensive player. The guy continues to play solid defense but offensively he is who he is, he is never going to have an impact on that end of the court.

As for Noah, lets not get too carried away with him. The combination of some horrible competition and HUGE minutes really help his numbers.

·
Registered
799 Posts
As for Noah, lets not get too carried away with him. The combination of some horrible competition and HUGE minutes really help his numbers.

Really? What are you basing this on? Noah has played a couple minutes more a game, but not in every game... Plus, he has played some good post players in Cousins, KG, Ibaka and Perkins, etc...

Far from horrible competition and far from HUGE minutes... Dude has been playing great this year. Especially passing the ball. Give credit when it's due.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Really? What are you basing this on? Noah has played a couple minutes more a game, but not in every game... Plus, he has played some good post players in Cousins, KG, Ibaka and Perkins, etc...

Far from horrible competition and far from HUGE minutes... Dude has been playing great this year. Especially passing the ball. Give credit when it's due.
Loul Deng and Noah are 1 and 3 in MPG in the NBA.

Well he din't do jack against Perkins and Ibaka.

All I'm saying is take it easy with the hype, people seem to forget that Noah for the past 2 or 3 seasons has started each season hot. Then, the numbers drop each and every month. We aren't actually seeing anything new here.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
All I'm saying is take it easy with the hype, people seem to forget that Noah for the past 2 or 3 seasons has started each season hot. Then, the numbers drop each and every month. We aren't actually seeing anything new here.

That's actually the exact opposite of the truth. Noah has traditionally underperformed to start seasons, which typically gets blamed on conditioning issues.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
That's actually the exact opposite of the truth. Noah has traditionally underperformed to start seasons, which typically gets blamed on conditioning issues.
Well you are right about last year but he did start on fire 2 of the last 3 years.

2010-2011 He started the season averaging 15 and 12 for the entire month of November.
2009-2010 He averaged 12 and 12 in November.

Last year might be the new trend for Noah but I would not be surprised if Noah's production come back to what we expect, especially once the competition gets better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts