Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
November 18th, 2005 - 7:00 PM (Central Time)

Atlanta Hawks (0-8) @ New Orleans Hornets (2-5)

Previous Meetings:

N/A

Projected Starting Lineup:

PG - Joe Johnson
SG - Josh Childress
SF - Marvin Williams
PF - Al Harrington
C - Zaza Pachulia

Reserves:

G - Salim Stoudamire
SF - Josh Smith
PG - Tyronn Lue
C - John Edwards
G/F - Donta Smith
F/C - Esteban Batista
PG - Royal Ivey

Projected Starting Lineup:

PG - Chris Paul (15.9 PPG - 5.3 APG - 5.0 RPG)
SG - JR Smith (12.0 PPG - 2.8 RPG - 1.8 APG)
SF - Bostjan Nachbar (6.9 PPG - 3.0 RPG - 2.3 APG)
PF - David West (12.9 PPG - 7.4 RPG - 1.4 STL)
C - Chris Andersen (6.0 PPG - 5.7 RPG - 1.3 BLK)

Reserves:

G - Speedy Claxton (14.9 PPG - 5.0 APG)
SF - Desmond Mason (6.4 PPG - 3.4 RPG)
G/F - Kirk Snyder (6.0 PPG - 1.7 RPG - 2.0 APG)
SF - Rasual Butler (2.8 PPG - 1.7 RPG)
F/C - Jackson Vroman (2.0 PPG - 1.5 RPG)
F - Brandon Bass (2.0 PPG - 0.5 RPG)
PF - Maceij Lampe - N/A

Must win game for the Hornets, who are on a 4 game losing streak, and who are sporting a poor 1-3 record at "home". Atlanta does have talent and can be pose some problems, but they really struggle playing well for an entire game, so the Hornets just have to keep playing hard from the beginning even if they get down. JR Smith is supposed to play tonight, PJ Brown isn't going to play tonight, and Speedy Claxton is questionable with an ankle sprain.

·
Rest In Peace girllovesthegame
6,253 Posts
Oh no! This isn't too good. No PJ, possibly no Speedy? The Hawks are desperate and I've seen quite a few winless teams get their first win on the Hornets. I hope the Hornets play well, and play hard for 48 minutes or more if there's overtime!

·
Stinging the West!
2,551 Posts
The most winnable game so far... GO HORNETS!!!

Does anyone knows when DwayneWade4MVP will return? I miss his prediction threads

·
Rest In Peace girllovesthegame
6,253 Posts
Hornets win!!!! I am soooooo glad the Hawks did not get their first win on the Hornets! I have seen often times enough where winless teams beat the Hornets and I have seen them lose too many big leads as they did this evening. Salim did a great job of bringing the Hawks back. I could not see the game but I was on the phone with someone who was watching it and telling me what was going on. I knew the Hawks were desperate for this win.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Macijauskas at last played more than 34 seconds and he scored too. To have a hope that someone saw this game is too much I guess, but maybe someone did? How Macas looked on court and in which quarter he played?

·
Stinging the West!
2,551 Posts
Amazing display by Chris Paul!!

25pts, 12 assists, 7 rebounds, 5 steals
He's on FIRE :eek:nfire:

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Sounds like the Hornets played a great game.

CP3 has the ROY on LOCKDOWN!

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
Big Brandon Bass has 6pts in 16 minutes of play...

·
Poetry in Motion
634 Posts
Zalgirinis said:
Macijauskas at last played more than 34 seconds and he scored too. To have a hope that someone saw this game is too much I guess, but maybe someone did? How Macas looked on court and in which quarter he played?
i was at the game.. he was brought into the game i believe in the 4th quarter. i'd say he played well in the time he was given. salim stoudamire went off on us and we had to get chris paul back in the game to try to help slow him down...

chris paul played one hell of a game.. i think the hornets got a steal. the hawks should have taken him.. i'm really happy the hornets have him. i hope he's here to stay..

last year, in the NCAA tournament.. oklahoma state was playing arizona.. i was in chicago watching the game to see who would make it to the elite 8 to face the fighting illini.. salim stoudamire hits the game winning shot at the end to give arizona the victory over osu.. it brought back memories last night when i was getting pretty nervous after watching him hit these 3 pointers.. then he'd drive to the bucket and blow past EVERYONE and he'd lay it up and get the old fashioned 3 point play.. not to brag on other teams players, but i was impressed with stoudamire last night..

Reactions: Zalgirinis
1 - 11 of 11 Posts