Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the San Francisco 49ers, the Chicago Bears expected their offense would endure some growing pains with a rookie starting at quarterback.

Unlike San Francisco, Chicago seems to have put those struggles behind it.

Kyle Orton and the Bears try to extend a four-game winning streak and maintain their lead in the NFC North when they face the 49ers at Soldier Field.

Chicago named Orton the starter after Rex Grossman suffered a broken ankle in the preseason. In a division that features Brett Favre and Daunte Culpepper, the Bears figured to struggle with a recent fourth-round draft pick running the offense.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/preview?gid=20051113003

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We have a chance against the Bears, but I don't think we pull it out. They're on sort of a hot streak and I expect that to continue.

Bears 20
49ers 10

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
LMAO wtf @ that touchdown.. Nedney missed a FG and Vasher returned it for a 108 yard touchdown like it was a punt.. Great blocking by his teammates too.. Wow..

·
A!
9,434 Posts
complete breakdown from the players to the coaching staff. the play-calling had to have everyone saying WTF. we have no one on offense that can make a play. the worst sequence was after having first and goal on the one, we get a penalty for 12 men in the huddle and THEN a delay right after that! that is on the coaching staff just as much as the players.

·
Premium Member
6,651 Posts
Yeah...that missed FG @ the end of the 1st half killed us. I agree with Brian Cook--they had great blocking. I really wonder, though--whad should have Nolan done in that situation? Go into the locker room with a 3-0 lead? Go for a hail-mary type play? Bottom line is that was a freaky occurance...not one that hasn't happened recently in the NFL, but even with the windy conditions, do you play expecting that to happen?

That turned the momentum (what little was in it for either team) in Chicago's favor. An ugly game, to say the least.

·
Premium Member
6,651 Posts
HallOfFamer said:
I didnt watch the game, nor see any highlights. But I guess thats a good thing...:laugh:
You missed freakish weather conditions and a sad display of offense by the Niners. Yeah...that was a good thing you missed it.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bruindre said:
You missed freakish weather conditions and a sad display of offense by the Niners. Yeah...that was a good thing you missed it.
I actually saw a clip of the 108 yard TD, damn, unbelieveable play. Also, I saw a clip of that field goal getting pushed 30 yards off course by the wind, LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts