27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Game 9: Heat vs. Sixers

Matchups:

Obviously Iverson is going to be a tough guard no matter who we put on him. He's coming into AAA putting up 32ppg and 8apg. Big time numbers.

Webber is putting up 20 and 10, and Iggy 12 and 7. Those 3 can beat us b/c they all have pretty good matchups.

On our side, I think Zo can beat up Hunter inside if he plays smart. He can't get into foul trouble and leave us with a void inside. Wade and Iggy is going to be fun to watch, both can hold their own on both ends, so it should be interesting to see who can get their team an advantage from the off-guard spot. Udon is going to need to find something against Webber, b/c if he lets C-Webb go off on us tonight, we're in some trouble. Besides that, I think our bench should outplay theirs, and if we can get a good contribution from the reserves, it might be the difference in the game...

GO HEAT!

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
Re: Game 9: Heat vs. Sixers

Hopefully JWill is able to play because we are gonna need bodies to guard A.I. In our last game against the Hornets, we had trouble stopping the penetration of Chris Paul and Speedy Claxson. Their quickness really caused problems. Especially when Zo was on the bench. No doubt A.I will try to do the same.

DWade vs. Igoudala will be fun to watch. Dwyane rarely has two bad games in a row so I hope that stays true.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I think we should win this one. A.I might have 30 points, but he takes like 27 shoots while at it. Iguodala and Wade matchup should be interesting, That boy defended Kobe, better than almost anyone. Will see how good that kid is the defense of end. Jason Williams defense is close to pathetic in defense. I just hope team wise we could defend good. And I think their be alot open jumpers, lets hope we make them. I think we might pull it out. We have looked bad, but if Wade is on point, everything will fall in place. Also Antoine and Zo could be very important.

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
Jason Williams will miss this game better hope our bench(actually Walker) steps up for Miami to win.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Jace said:
Iguodala is a SG? I thought he was a SF and Kyle Kutcher was the SG. That seems like it would make more sense.
Nah Iggy has been our SG and Korver has always been the SF

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
GL yall heres to a good game :cheers:

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
WOW best performance from Wade this season by far.

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
Damn Payton no more turnovers.

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
pretty close to a triple double by Wade, GREAT GAME!

Wade: 32pts 10 assist 9 rebounds

·
Registered
601 Posts
MiamiHeat03 said:
WOW best performance from Wade this season by far.
yup...his jumper still hasnt fallen the last couple of games and ive seen him getting some treatment on the hand so maybe that explains it. But he really has cut down the turnovers and he was just making all his points get to the highlight reel. Very nice game...if the jumper was falling he mighta had 50. I thought the officiating was AWFUL...AI got every call tonight. Would have been annoying if we lost.

Posey looked great. If toine played like this (passed up on more 3s than he took) every night he will work out very well.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
I just got home and looked at the box score.

terrific game by wade. 32 points, 10 assists, 9 boards and only 2 turnovers. Only shot 44%, but the rest of the game makes up for it

Walker gets mad props. If only he could play well consistently. 2 terrific games in a row is a great start to that

Posey 12 points, 7 boards, 4 assists and 2 blocks. Very nice

now for the bad:

Payton 3-10 shooting and 8 turnovers. What happened with him?
Haslem 2-7 shooting. He is entitled to a bad game after many good ones I guess

1 - 20 of 26 Posts