Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who is the Player of the Game?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
845 Posts
I know lots of people will say RJ. But I have to go with "Other" and vote for Cliff Robinson. Had a great night and was a gigantic spark off the bench, that o-rebound in the last minute was huge and sealed the game.

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
He didn't have RJ's numbers, but Kidd's defense on Arenas is the reason the Nets won this game.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Mr. Richard Jefferson because of notching a double-double and I think everyone has their valid reasons for who should be Player of the Game like Clifford Robinson grabbing that offensive rebound and having his Nets-season high. Jason Kidd's defense on Gilbert Arenas was also definitely key in this game. But Richard Jefferson led the New Jersey Nets in rebounding which was also key and contributed scoringwise also. Vince Carter just his shot selection is what killed me to vote for him. Jason Kidd and Clifford Robinson were my other two choices.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Tonight, it shouldn't be neither of the big three, i voted as others as in ( cliff)....

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
Why can't a guy have poor stats and still be player of the game?

Kidd completely shut down the 3rd leading scorer in the NBA, screwed him up, got inside his head, got him benched, and the Nets allowed 83 points to a team that was averaging 101.6.

·
Banned
845 Posts
I forgot to add, that Cliff also played well on Jamison who had 12 in the first quarter

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
I'd probably vote for the bench. They kept the team in it and gave 'em a chance to win. Padgett hit a crucial trey that was a dagger. Otherwise it's arguable. If it had to be one player, it'd be RJ on stats alone. He had a good game and the NETS needed it!

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
just a sidenote:

last year- schub had a player of the week thing where we all voted and made comments and then it would be posted on the nets website (www.njnets.com)..

is that going to be started again this year??

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Its pretty hard to vote on the player of the game for this particular game because in my opinion, the play was not won because of offense (which sometimes is an easy predictor of a person's game). I think it was won more because the team played well defensively. If we base it on stats, RJ or VC would be the best bet. If I were to base it on someone's defense, I'd probably go with the person who tried to shut down Arenas or their top player. So in my opinion, that was Jkidd. But the bench played well again. So it was a good team effort. :banana:

So I guess I'll vote "New Jersey Nets team" for this game. :biggrin:

Thats just me. :angel: :biggrin:

·
Nets Fan
10,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Clifford Robinson is the Player of the Game

12 Points 3 Rebounds 1 Block on 62% Shooting

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
the steady player was RJ he scored good and got the most rebounds also broke out for a few fastbreak dunks.

defensively is where I think the team came up big JKidd on Arenas and in the second quarter LFrank went small with VC @ pf to guard Jamison, that slowed him down bc he was on fire in the first quarter

off the bench Plananic played really good he's improving now that coach realizes he needs to be in the rotation. Like everyone else of course Cliff played the best off the bench and was a big part in us getting the win.

my vote goes to RJ

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Cliff Robinson is the player of the game, without his offense going downn the strecth we would have more than likely lost. Plus his rebound of the Jefferson miss sealed our victory.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts