Washington Wizards @ New Jersey Nets
Saturday November 19th, 2005
7:30 PM, EST
TV Coverage: YES
Radio Coverage: WFAN
Nets Record: 4-4

Probable Starters:

Click Picture for Player Profile

The Nets will look to stick with their winning ways as they take on Gilbert Arenas and the Washington Wizards

Click hear to bet some of your uCash on the game!

Team Leaders:
<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td>Nets</font></td><td> </font></td><td>Wizards</font></td></tr><tr align=center><td>Vince Carter 22.4
</td><td>PPG</td><td>Gilbert Arenas 27.0</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Richard Jefferson 9.30</td><td>RPG</td><td>Antawn Jamison 9.90</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Jason Kidd 6.9</td><td>APG</td><td>Gilbert Arenas 6.3</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Jason Kidd 2.00</td><td>SPG</td><td>Caron Butler 1.60</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Nenad Krstic 1.38</td><td>BPG</td><td>Brendan Haywood 2.29</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Scott Padgett 62.5%</td><td>FG%</td><td>Michael Ruffin 62.5%</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Scott Padgett 66.7%</td><td>3P%</td><td>Gilbert Arenas 40.4%</td></tr><tr align=center><td>Scott Padgett 100%</td><td>FT%</td><td>Andray Blatche/Calvin Booth 100%</td></tr></table>

Season Standings:
Atlantic Division

<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td>Team</td><td>Record</td><td>Game(s) Back</td><tr align=center><td>Philadelphia 76ers</td><td>6-4</td><td>--</td><tr align=center><td>New Jersey Nets</td><td>4-4</td><td>1</td><tr align=center><td>Boston Celtics</td><td>4-5</td><td>1.5</td><tr align=center><td>New York Knicks</td><td>2-7</td><td>3.5</td><tr align=center><td>Toronto Raptors</td><td>0-9</td><td>5.5</td></table>

Eastern Conference
<table border=3 bordercolor="#0000ff" width=100% ><tr align=center><td>Team</td><td>Record</td><td>Game(s) Back</td><tr align=center><td>Detroit Pistons</td><td>8-0</td><td>--</td><tr align=center><td>MIami Heat</td><td>6-3</td><td>2.5</td><tr align=center><td>Philadelphia 76ers</td><td>6-4</td><td>3</td><tr align=center><td>Cleveland Cavaliers</td><td>7-2</td><td>1.5</td><tr align=center><td>Milwaukee Bucks</td><td>5-3</td><td>3</td><tr align=center><td>Washington Wizards</td><td>5-3</td><td>3</td><tr align=center><td>Indiana Pacers</td><td>5-3</td><td>3</td><tr align=center><td>New Jersey Nets</td><td>4-4</td><td>4</td></table>

Previous Games:
n/a

Upcoming Games:
December 13th, @ WAS
March 21st, @ WAS

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Man, this wait stinks!

-Petey

Reactions: sheefo13

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
Grandmazter3 said:
Arenas scares me so much, Kidd can never contain this guy.
That duo of Arenas and Jamison scare me even more.

That whole team scares me, Wizards are in my mind the most underrated team with the Pistons in the NBA.

Reactions: sheefo13

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
Theres not a good chance we win. They are to young and talented. They also are pretty deep. Plus they shoot a ton of 3s. I would be surprised if we win. VC will need to drop lie 45 and RJ will need to drop like 30 and Krstic will need to be solid and our bench needs to continue to gel. Collins will be needed if he can play. Tough game.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
Grandmazter3 said:
Arenas scares me so much, Kidd can never contain this guy.
I am sure noone can at this point. Arenas is a tremendous talent.

I do thik the nets will win. Noone will contain VC, RJ and Kidd will get theirs' too. Kristic will have to come up big too. This game is winable.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
I think we should be scared about Antawn Jaimson...

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
sheefo13 said:
I am sure noone can at this point. Arenas is a tremendous talent.

I do thik the nets will win. Noone will contain VC, RJ and Kidd will get theirs' too. Kristic will have to come up big too. This game is winable.
its a toss up really on who will win. the wiz r one of the best offensive minded teams in the nba now.
and just so u dont make this mistake again, its no one, not noone.just sayin, b/c i had a hard time reading ur post.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I'm not surprised if we win.

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
The Cavs just smoked this team in Cleveland.

If the Nets are on that level, they should win at home, too.

They better, because the road trip is going to be a *****.

·
Nets Fan
10,426 Posts
Quick check at their schedule. 6 of 8 games were at home and those away games were at toronto and new york. They were a good home team last year and it looks like thats the case again.

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
ghoti said:
The Cavs just smoked this team in Cleveland.

If the Nets are on that level, they should win at home, too.

They better, because the road trip is going to be a *****.
yea but the difference between the cavs and nets is that the cavs r deep in the frontcourt.the nets r not.i didnt see the wizvscavs game but i assume they won it b/c of the HUGE difference in bigs.
just an assumption.

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
inuyasha232 said:
yea but the difference between the cavs and nets is that the cavs r deep in the frontcourt.the nets r not.i didnt see the wizvscavs game but i assume they won it b/c of the HUGE difference in bigs.
just an assumption.

Actually, the Wiz had a pretty good lead and were in it unil the mid point of the 4th quarter, then they went cold and LBJ and Hughes took over. Cavs froncourt really didn't produce.

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
inuyasha232 said:
just an assumption.
There's lots of differences between the Nets and Cavs. (Who is their PG? Is it Jason Kidd?)

The Nets are supposed to be on the Cavs' level, so let's see it.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
This game is going to be a tough game for us, despite it being a home game. They have Gilbert Arenas who is having a great season so far, and Antawn Jamison. That duo alone is scary, hopefully we will come out stronger then them. Play good defense, shoot at a good percentage and win this game. Go Nets!! :clap:

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I like the Wizards was planning to go to this game but the way the season's going I think Ill wait for an easier weekend game...NETS WIN!(still support the team)

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Indeed I agree that this game is a very tough one. Arenas has been having a superb season, and together with Jamison, they make the Wizards a very strong team. In my opinion, for us to win this game, the team has to shoot well from the floor, be aggressive on the boards, good D the entire or at least most of the game, and hopefully, Jkidd will push the ball.

Its a tough game, but its winnable. :angel: Lets go Nets!!! :banana: :banana:

Its a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait til the 19th.. Im sure we all will be in for a long wait. :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is the last home game for a while...after this they head out west for 5 games. It'd be nice to leave town with a winning record.

1 - 20 of 366 Posts