Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 21 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Another shuffling of the standings tonight as Vermont, Hartford, and Albany all lose and the Seawolves, who are 11-1 against UML since they joined the league, comfortably win yet again to go to 12-1. Good news for the mediocre coaches in the league. Coming off big wins over Hartford and Vermont, Dempsey and Herrion both get five year extensions.

·
Bill Herrion anti-apologist
2,169 Posts
UNH should be 4-2 in conference and undefeated at home this season [blew it twice against Albany]. Should be interesting in Durham tonight. Biggest game in a few years for UNH.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
UNH should be 4-2 in conference and undefeated at home this season [blew it twice against Albany]. Should be interesting in Durham tonight. Biggest game in a few years for UNH.
Is this hyperbole or sarcasm? A regular season match up against UVM, with very little actually on the line for UNH, at this point in the season??? I guess I just don't get it. There has to have been more meaningful games for UNH...I mean, they've played in the playoffs, right?

·
Bill Herrion anti-apologist
2,169 Posts
Is this hyperbole or sarcasm? A regular season match up against UVM, with very little actually on the line for UNH, at this point in the season??? I guess I just don't get it. There has to have been more meaningful games for UNH...I mean, they've played in the playoffs, right?
Remember, UNH won 3 DI games all of last year, and missed the playoffs. The year before [Tanner's senior year] they won 10 games, closed the season 1-8 and had zero chance to beat the #2 seeded Hartford team. A win here for UNH gives them 11 wins and puts them at best a game back of first place in the conference with a win over the best team in the league. I don't think it's hyperbolic to say it's the biggest game since the start of the 2017-2018 season.

·
Premium Member
32,891 Posts
UVM is going to get most AE school's best game b/c it's the best team each school is going to face in conference. Pretty big game for UNH tonight, I see it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Last week the Free Press referred to Aaron Deloney as UVM's 5-foot-8 guard. Is he really that short? It's standard procedure to fudge a little on published roster heights but four inches???

·
Premium Member
32,891 Posts
I have no idea how tall Deloney actually is but he's definitely sub-6'0''. He could be in the 5'8''-5'11'' range I've never been that close to him to tell.

I can't remember a UVM player that's had their shot blocked as much as him. He's been fine and will be fine, but can tell D1 size is definitely still something he's adjusting to this year. Going to have to figure out the floater because may not be able to bring it all the way to the hoop like HS.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Deloney has used his floater in a few games and he's good at it. Deloney has also shown some very nice passing.

Joey Accoui had the same lack of height and learned to shoot with the ball held higher.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,467 Posts
That was some of the shittiest offense I've seen in a while. Everyone's playing like a bunch of sissies. Avoiding contact while fading away throwing wild shots. Seriously guys.

1 - 21 of 64 Posts