Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
UMBC fan
3,734 Posts
They went from a core of Lyles/Maura/Sherburne to then Sherburne top dog but nobody is stepping up to fill those voids and nobody is being brought in either. Strange. They’re still competing I guess but going the opposite way.
I think Eytle-Rock/Owens have promise in the backcourt, but I am frustrated Jackson is preventing their consistent growth. I like Kennedy too, but he's not being given a chance to figure out on the floor - giving Council minutes is maddening. Need to give Kennedy and Johnson more minutes, take away Council's minutes and limit Jackson's minutes to 25 minutes or less. But it's particularly concerning how little traction there is on the recruiting trail right now.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Meanwhile SBU got just enough offense late (only caught the last 5 minutes) to slip past a feisty UML team 84-76. All chalk at the top tonight. That race to avoid 9th this year is looking like its going to be an interesting one.

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Hartford ended up pulling this game away in the second half but Bing had a lot of bright spots. A yound core of Sessoms/Mills/Tinsley might win a lot of games in the next few seasons. Tinsley was exceptionally good in this game. Pretty impressive. For the Hawks (they really did not shoot well today) I'd say the best player today was Flowers. Mostly due to his rebounding and defense. Next game up is in Maine which I expect to be a difficult one the way they have been playing.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
What's the word on Darnell Rogers? Is he done for the season? He was showing a lot of upside for UMBC before getting injured.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts