Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
A couple things from tonight - with Traci Carter and freshmen Moses Flowers and PJ Henry, the Hawks move the ball very well. Gallagher will actually have some options off the bench this year - the Hawks had 29 points from the bench. Marks had 19, DJ Mitchell had 13, Romaine Boxus and PJ Henry each had 10. Hawks started 2 freshmen Miroslav Stafl (who had foul trouble all night) and Moses Flowers, sophomore Hunter Marks and Seniors Romaine Boxus and Traci Carter. I think PJ Henry who was a top 5 recruit in the city of Houston will be a fantastic player. Looking forward to getting Malik Ellison who is the Hawk's best player healthy. Sorry to hear that transfer and potential starter Garrett Kingman is gone for the season.

·
UMBC fan
3,568 Posts
Poor Valley Forge was the worst DIII team I've seen yet. While I know the FGCU game will be the first real test, the new Retrievers still impressed me tonight. Young newcomers Owens (14-4-2), Kennedy (14-9-6) and Johnson (20-6-0) all seem like they're legit athletes and players who the team can build around moving forward. I expect Owens to have a prominent role right away, while Kennedy and Johnson compete for bench minutes if the injured players come back. Kennedy's ball-handling really impressed me for his size.

Again, I know it's one game against an abysmal team, but we've seen plenty of UMBC players that have struggled against D3 talent in the past...overall a good night.

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
Yale v sbu very good game... Latimer bangs home a 3 for the 1pt lead with 20 seconds left.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
If Binghamton loses 20 to Cornell, hate to see what happens when we go to Michigan State next.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sessoms did not have the start to his sophomore campaign that the team needed.

Sarr looks like a legit D1 baller. Surprised he couldn't crack 10 mpg at Monmouth based on the skills he displayed tonight.

Tinsley appears to have a nice foundation of skills, too. Competes well on the glass. Not a lot of shots fell tonight, but he looks pretty crafty and poised around the basket and has a good enough stroke to keep defenders honest if he's beyond the arc.

Caldwell banked his first three and I thought "oh boy, here we go" (he had a lot of shots that were well off the mark last season--like not even close), but he settled in nicely. He finished last season on a relatively high note compared to how he looked early in the year. If Binghamton wants to do anything this season like another AE tourney upset, they will need Caldwell (and Sarr) to be consistent contributors behind Sessoms (who also has to do more than he he did tonight).

Mills, Hjalmarsson, Willis... meh. They're bodies.

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
Sbu goes down in ot... I thought sbu looked good. Big and athletic... Scrapped. Will be a good team. Can't really shoot.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
32,315 Posts
Man, you guys see those UMBC and UNH scores? The AE is going to be #loaded this year.

·
Premium Member
32,315 Posts
I can't get over Darnell Rogers's height. Shorter than Maura and Greene.

Also, looks like Jack Schwietz will figure into the rotation.
Do you remember watching Shawnta Rogers play for GW? I do. Guess that makes me kinda old.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts