Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UML 71 Maine 63
Stony Brook 75 Binghamton 70 -- Binghamton hangs tough taking and missing a game-tying 3 in the last 10 seconds.
Hartford 66 Albany 60
Vermont 74 UNH 50 -- refs were biased against Vermont.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Even with Olaniyi out, it’s still tough to process how difficult Binghamton is for Stony Brook to solve. SB might as well pay Binghamton for the buy out of Dempsey’s contract. Solves an issue for both teams.

·
Premium Member
33,099 Posts
Bing got a great look at the end. Almost knocked it down.

·
Registered
14,138 Posts
Albany goes down on the road... No Healy and DeSousa with flu... Can't shake injuries. Battled today... Deciding factor probably fts Albany missed 9.

Good effort, never quit but just not enough today. Congrats to isbal and Hartford on regular season sweep. Hope we meet again.

Final was 66-60 Hartford

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
It looks like UA's Hansen had a great game on the boards. Clark took a lot of shots but I wonder how many were in desperation.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I'm glad this thread was started. Feels like the doldrums were setting in here this week. Good thing SBU held on against Bing. I am sure the team was looking past tonight's game to the nationally televised game with Vermont this coming weekend. Really hoping SBU gets the magic back and leads wire to wire again against Vermont like they did earlier in the season.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I don’t have much to add as I was flying to Florida during the Hartford/Albany game. Looks like Ellison had a nice game 18 pats 19 rbd.

Nice to have Mitchell Back from injury.

Did something happen to Stafl? Very few stats from him? He has not been the same since he got injured at UMBC.

Been a while since we had an Albany sweep.

good luck to Albany the rest of the way...decent chance we see each other again this year.

·
President of the Anti-Carbone Club
124 Posts
wow...didn’t realize he was a frosh.
If he was starting from Day 1 he’d definitely be in the conversation for Rookie of the Year. But there was no way he was cracking the lineup that early with all the established talent we had. Gotta think that if/when Olaniyi comes back that Stephenson-Moore will push Latimer to the bench

·
The People's Champ
685 Posts
I don’t have much to add as I was flying to Florida during the Hartford/Albany game. Looks like Ellison had a nice game 18 pats 19 rbd.

Nice to have Mitchell Back from injury.

Did something happen to Stafl? Very few stats from him? He has not been the same since he got injured at UMBC.

Been a while since we had an Albany sweep.

good luck to Albany the rest of the way...decent chance we see each other again this year.
Stafl started and got hit with 2 quick fouls. game flow and situational ball forced Hawks to go with Boxus who had a nice game hitting 4 threes. Stafl also had committed like 4 TOs I believe. His ankle injury could be slowing him down, he has looked slow moving his feet on the defensive end. 21 pts from the bench was nice to see with DJ back. Home court refs also helped at the end there. there was a charge call on Albany that helped Hartford out big time with like 2 min left in the game. I was blown away at how terrible of a call that was

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Stafl started and got hit with 2 quick fouls. game flow and situational ball forced Hawks to go with Boxus who had a nice game hitting 4 threes. Stafl also had committed like 4 TOs I believe. His ankle injury could be slowing him down, he has looked slow moving his feet on the defensive end. 21 pts from the bench was nice to see with DJ back. Home court refs also helped at the end there. there was a charge call on Albany that helped Hartford out big time with like 2 min left in the game. I was blown away at how terrible of a call that was
Gal says Stafl is struggling with the ankle.
Boxus came up huge....really glad DJ is back though as he provides quality minutes off the bench.
rare that I ever hear about home town refs at Hartford. If anything it usually feels like a disadvantage.

·
The People's Champ
685 Posts
Gal says Stafl is struggling with the ankle.
Boxus came up huge....really glad DJ is back though as he provides quality minutes off the bench.
rare that I ever hear about home town refs at Hartford. If anything it usually feels like a disadvantage.
thats why i was blown away! Lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts