Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's Big Monday in the MAAC with two Big East and an A10 team on tap...looking at 1-2 for the MAAC.
Fordham (1-2) @ Siena (0-2) (7:00 pm). Two respectable, hard fought losses to Penn and Syracuse with Jordan shooting 60% from 3pt. range will put a scare in any MAAC team. Whoops, that's right Fordham is in the A10. Expect the Saints to learn from the St. Francis strategy of double-teaming the Dunkin Dunston, while letting the rest of the Rams shoot their way to another loss at the hands of the upstart Saints.

Providence (2-0) @ Fairfield (0-2) (7:30 pm). Undermanned and undersized Stags, coming off two disappointing losses, looking to generate a little respect. Look for the Stags to find their long range touch and to give the freshman handyman, Jon Han (50% 3pt avg.), the green light beyond the arc. In the end, though, the answer to their prayers is reserved for the Friars as their interior presence will wear down the Stags.
St. Peter's (0-3) @ Seton Hall (2-1) (7:30 pm). KeeKee, we love you kid. Anything less than 25 points and we will be disappointed. Just wish you had the supporting cast there to meet you half way in the point production. Pirates should deliver a broadside during the late first half with the final blow coming well before the final buzzer.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Certainly could be 0-3. Early in the season I had this game penciled in as a loss, so far Siena has looked better than I thought and Fordham worse. Siena should have a chance tonight, young inexperienced teams almost always play world better at home, if that is true then Siena stands a good chance of beating the Rams.

However I do believe Fordham has underachieved so far, and will be very hungry for a W. Should be a good game at the Pepsi tonight I expect this to be a close game, I’ll be surprised if it’s a blow out either way

Go Saints!!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I beleive Siena has the best chance to post a W tonight of the 3 teams playing, I think Fordham may just have a little to much for them, hopefully the home crowd will spur on the Saints.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Even to give Siena the thought of winning this game is incredible - since they took so many hits within the past year. Fordham was a team last year that could compete with Temple, GW, Dayton and Xavier. This year there playing like a Division 3 team. I don't believe Fordham can turn the corner and start playing better since the weekend. Siena does have a shot at this game.

Providence has two of the leading shot blockers in the Big East. They have good chemistry this year and 4 top 200 freshman that can play. Fairfield has their hands full. To make it a respectable game would be an accomplishment. To win would be a great upset.

Seton Hall may blow St Peters off the court - but this is a big rivalry for St Petes. Lets hope they can make it respectable like last year.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Fordham (1-3) at Siena (0-2)

The Sports Network

The Saints and Rams have split their last two meetings and both have had rough starts to the 2005-06 season. Siena has played the stronger schedule and is still hunting for win number one. The Saints get it tonight.

Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Siena 75, Fordham 71

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Providence (2-0) at Fairfield (0-2)

The Sports Network

The Friars have put forth a solid effort thus far and should continue to play well tonight when they meet a Fairfield team with a slew of problems at the outset.

Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Providence 78, Fairfield 59

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Saint Peter's (0-3) at Seton Hall (2-1)

The Sports Network

The Pirates have won nine streak meetings with Saint Peter's and although Clark will get his points in the contest, the Peacocks have very little talent around him.

Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Seton Hall 76, Saint Peter's 69

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
greyhound07 said:
Fairfield is hanging in there. I'm pretty impressed.
What is even more incredible is that our starting center, Marty O'Sullivan, is not playing tonite. Are biggest starter was 6'4"!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Stagophile said:
What is even more incredible is that our starting center, Marty O'Sullivan, is not playing tonite. Are biggest starter was 6'4"!
Listening to last 10 min on the radio it seems like Jon Han was playing out of his mind. Seems like a nice late pickup. Definitely appears to be contributing. I still can't believe he made that Nike Battlegrounds show on MTV2 though.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Providence 81, Fairfield 78

FINAL Providence 81, Fairfield 78

Boxscore

Great night for the Stags in a losing effort. Stags led by as many as 6 during the second half. Career night for Danny Ogelsby with 24 point on 5-8 shooting from 3 pt range. Nice effort and something to build upon...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CT Post Coverage

Despite the loss and no one bigger than 6' 4" playing significant minutes, the Stags showed a lot of heart and won over the crowd of 3,777 at the AHY. Check out the cover page of the CT Post sports page. Great pic of freshman Jon Han and a great column by Chris Elsberry...

Sports cover page: http://extras.connpost.com/images/sports.pdf (only good for today)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
greyhound07 said:
Listening to last 10 min on the radio it seems like Jon Han was playing out of his mind. Seems like a nice late pickup. Definitely appears to be contributing. I still can't believe he made that Nike Battlegrounds show on MTV2 though.
Stags' fan are definitely excited about Jon Han. He has already established himself as the starting point guard, is shooting 57% from 3 pt range, and is averaging 12 pts per game. He has amazing court awareness and is very savvy for a freshman. He is going to be special player. He was great on Nike Battlegrounds and made the team because of all the point I made above. He just has a great understanding of the game and the team concept.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts