Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Mongol rule in China was brought to an end after civil war among Mongol princes and an increasing conversion to the sedentary Chinese way of life that robbed the Mongol military machine of much of its effectiveness. Repeated natural disasters were followed by a massive peasant rebellion that the alien rulers could not quell. The Mandate of Heaven now shifted to Zhu Yuanzhang, a peasant leader who became eminent during the rebellions. After eliminating his rivals, Zhu Yuanzhang established the Ming Dynasty in 1368, with his capital city first in Nanjing and later in Beijing. Zhu Yuanzhang was historically known as Emperor Taizu.

The Ming Dynasty was the last native Chinese dynasty to rule the empire. Spanning almost three centuries between the fall of the Mongol Yuan Dynasty (1271 - 1368) and the rise of the Manchu Qing Dynasty (1644 - 1911), the Ming reunited what is now called China proper after almost 400 years of foreign incursion and occupation.
http://www.travelchinaguide.com/intro/history/ming.htm

And all Houston had to do was pass in a card four years ago, and the second Ming dynasty was started...oh how the times have changed.

The Rockets are in town tonight to exchange plesentries with our beloved gentleman of round ball and hardwood. They have struggled through five games going 2-3 with wins against Sacramento and in New Jersey on either end of losses against New Orleans/Oklahoma City, Orlando, and in Miami. It should be noted that the Rockets are 2-0 with Tracy McGrady and 0-3 when he has back spasms and a suit.

McGrady has ben rather intense in the two games he played, averaging 29.0 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 4.0 apg, 2.0 bpg, and 1.0 spg, while shooting 47% from the floor and 60% from the arch. Yao Ming has put up his usual 20 ppg and 8.8 rpg to go with 2.8 bpg, which makes you think that he is what he is and Houston isn't going to win a championship with him, but they'll make about a bajillion dollars instead. Derek Anderson is the third Rocket in double figures with 11.2 ppg, but he shots a lot and hits only 34% from the floor. Juwan Howard is playing respectably with 8.8 ppg and 6.2 rpg. Jon Barry went off for 24 to lead the Rockets in the opener, but has scored just 18 points in the last five games bringing his average to 8.4 ppg off the bench. Rafer Alston is starting at point guard, averaging 7.4 ppg, 5.2 apg, and 4.6 rpg, but is shooting a brilliant 31.7% from the floor. Stromile Swift is finally having his "breakout year" with 7.0 ppg and 4.8 rpg to go with 34% shooting in 21.0 mpg off the bench.

The Rockets as a team are shooting just 40.9% from the floor, but are defending well as the opposition is shooting a beautiful 39.8% from the floor. So which will hold true? The Rockets defense, or the Celtics impressive ability to allow other teams to hit shots at a 46.9% clip? Only time will tell.

Expect to see a whole lot of Mark Blount and Raef LaFrentz jump shots as the strategy will be to make Yao Ming travel to open the paint for Paul Pierce in the post and Ricky Davis driving to the basket. If the Celtics want to have any shot at all in this game, they will have to make sure that a third Rocket does not establish a hot hand and score as Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady will be able to get theirs.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Merging these threads would mean the actual game thread post will be third so:

CanteriWalker said:
Any luck of winning this one?
Will T-Mac play?I hope not.
Lanteri said:
Yes. The Celtics made Yao look pretty bad last year from what I recall. While neither of us are the same team it should definitely be good mtchup. We need to get Yao in foul trouble, and hope the role players don't step up.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I liked last years game threads better Agoo. They had more pictures and good jokes.

I precieve this game to similar to San Antonio. I know Houston is not near the team the Spurs are, but who is going to guard Yao? Pierce will have his hands full with McGrady, unless Davis is on him, in which case he will have his hands full.

If we are going to win this we need a productive bench, a 25 or higher point performance from Paul, and a 20 point performance from Tyree Ricardo. We need to contain Yao from grabbing all the boards, and keep Mcgrady from shooting the lights out.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
I just may be able to see this one tonight.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
KingHandles said:
I liked last years game threads better Agoo. They had more pictures and good jokes.

I precieve this game to similar to San Antonio. I know Houston is not near the team the Spurs are, but who is going to guard Yao? Pierce will have his hands full with McGrady, unless Davis is on him, in which case he will have his hands full.

If we are going to win this we need a productive bench, a 25 or higher point performance from Paul, and a 20 point performance from Tyree Ricardo. We need to contain Yao from grabbing all the boards, and keep Mcgrady from shooting the lights out.
I disagree.

T-Mac and Yao will get theirs no matter what you do. The Celtics have to shut down everyone else.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Luther Head is a very good, young point guard. The Delonte West matchup should be interesting as West has fared well against some great point guards.

Tracy McGrady is one of the best players in the league right now.

Yao Ming has been very good and will certainly shut down our big man on defense and do well on offense.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
What made that possible?
I found a streaming live sports site, watched Raps/Sonics just a little while ago. With a little luck, the Celts game will be on tonight.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Lanteri said:
I disagree.

T-Mac and Yao will get theirs no matter what you do. The Celtics have to shut down everyone else.
I don't get why you disagree with me....If they are going to get theirs then wouldn't trying to limit them win you the game? I don't think anyone else is capable of killing our team. I get what you are saying, but not why you disagree.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Maybe you'll be able to watch a lot more games this year instead of using a gamecast.
*Crosses fingers*. That would be absolutely outstanding.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
KingHandles said:
I don't get why you disagree with me....If they are going to get theirs then wouldn't trying to limit them win you the game? I don't think anyone else is capable of killing our team. I get what you are saying, but not why you disagree.
It's very difficult to try and limit them. You can double one guy but then that leaves the other open. And you most certainly cannot double T-Mac AND Yao..

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
what are thoughts about us getting a win today? Anyone know whats up with the status of TMac, other than its the second game of a back-to-back on a sore back.

·
Registered
618 Posts
i dont think we even have to double yao. i like him but hes not a dominant player yet. he is going to get his 15-20 but i doubt he necessarily dominates us one on one. T-Mac is still hurting if I remember correctly but he may warrant a double obviously. Mark Blounts Js should be key because Yao struggles to get back down the floor on occasion. I dont know if we will win but I see it as a winnable game.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
great start, pierce the only starter not to score yet, a good sign. So is pierce matching up with TMac every time so far?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
KU Konnection Pierce to LaFrentz, I'm liking it.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts