Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<center><font color=#004B68>Washington</font> <font color=#C0753C>Wizards</font> (9-25)
vs.
<font color=#C7974D>Philadelphia</font> <font color=red>76ers</font> (17-19)

7:00 PM on WB
Philadelphia leads season series 1-0

Key Matchup: SG
vs.

Matchup to Watch: PG
vs.
</center>
<hr><center>
<font color=#004B68>W</font><font color=#C0753C>A</font><font color=#004B68>S</font> 94-87 <font color=#C7974D>P</font><font color=red>H</font><font color=#C7974D>I</font>

Player of the Game

43 points (17-29 FG, 2-4 3P, 7-8 FT), 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 5 steals, 1 block, 43 minutes

ESPN Box Score

Next Game
7:00 PM on CSN
vs. <font color=#B50031>Houston</font> <font color=#CC0033>Rockets</font> (20-15)<center>

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
I thought our 3 game road streak ended last night? :confused:

·
Registered
85 Posts
It is at home. I'm goin to the game but my hopes aren't very high for a win. I just hope the Wiz don't play as poorly has they have been recently.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
We should not win this game. We are truly the worst team in the league right now. The habit of losing has sunk in. I don't expect any change anytime soon. One thing we will find out is who has a big heart on the team.

THe crowd will probably start rooting for AI by the fourth quarter.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Lottery, the Wizards are coming for a top 5 pick this time
:yes: and :dead: at the same time. I'm not really sure to be happy or not.:(

·
Registered
73 Posts
Monitoring the game via NBA Courtside, I can't help but be impressed by our 2-point lead at the end of the 1st quarter. Should I be?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
about 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter and the wizards have a 11 point lead. talk about surprises. they didn't play all that great in the first half, but didn't do horrible and dig themselves a hole. so now, in the 2nd half they have no catching up to do, just keeping the lead by playing it safe and running the offense productively. a reason why the 76'ers are down by so much is because of turnovers. they are losing control of ball way too often. reminds me of a team i know. ;]

*AFTER GAME*

wizards shocked everyone and won their first atlantic division win against the formidable 76'ers. like i said before, 6'ers turnovers killed them. and larry hughes best game so far this season also helped a little. :laugh: and kwame had a nice double double with 14 points, 13 rebounds. nice job kwame. he's really maturing. i'm seeing a lot more throwing down to the post recently. good to see that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NorthEast Wiz</b>!
We should not win this game. We are truly the worst team in the league right now. The habit of losing has sunk in. I don't expect any change anytime soon. One thing we will find out is who has a big heart on the team.

THe crowd will probably start rooting for AI by the fourth quarter.
I think we found out the last 2 nights who has heart. #20.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NorthEast Wiz</b>!
I need to post a doom and gloom post for every game if this is the result that we get.
:yes:

That's a start, but it's probably because I attended my first game of the season tonight. Maybe everyone should chip in and buy me tickets to every game :)

Hughes has one of those nights he has every few games where he just goes nuts. He was every bit as good as his statline looked like. If only he could consistently do that.

JJ looked very tenative at first but got progressively better as the game went on.

Kwame put together a pretty nice game. He had a couple lapses, but he was noticeably more alert and energetic than the last time I saw him (I sound like a vet or something).

With school, work and travel, it's been a while since I saw the Wiz... I didn't even know Arenas was out again. Savor tonight, I think without Gil and Stack, they're going to be few and far between.

Iverson was downright sloppy looking tonight. I don't know what's up with him, but that was one of the worst games I've ever seen from him. The Wiz didn't play him horrible or anything, but it was as much him as them that led to his awful night.

·
Registered
996 Posts
according to espn, he's injured for 3-6 weeks because of his abdominal strain again. Guess he came back to early.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Originally posted by <b>twinz2gether</b>!
according to espn, he's injured for 3-6 weeks because of his abdominal strain again. Guess he came back to early.
:laugh:

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Are we ever gonna see the big 3 play together this season at all completley healthy?
(Hughes, Arenas, Stackhouse........Rasheed Wallace ?):rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good game all around. Scoring wasn't that plentiful outside of Hughes, but luckily he more than carried his load tonight. I'm not getting too excited about Hughes' game though; as I posted in the thread about him, he didn't do anything different tonight, he just made shots that he normally misses. He just happened to be hot tonight. However, there's no reason to complain about 43 points on 60% shooting, so I won't.

Kwame looked really sharp out there, and he really looks to be turning a corner in my opinion. He doesn't always play as well as tonight, but he's been looking a lot less lost and has been much more aggressive in the past few weeks. I'm hoping that he can keep this up, whether he starts or comes off the bench.

Another player I think is coming around is Jeffries. He rarely puts up anything amazing in the way of stats (4 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal tonight), but his timidness is fading and he is very active on the court. He's still a ways away from being a major factor for us, but I'm liking him and what he does for us more than I did earlier in the season.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!

(Again)
Seriously. He needs to look at our team and our situation, understand that he is in the first year of a long term contract with us, and realize that him forcing his way back onto the court before he is 100% does nothing good for him or the team in the big picture. I really like Arenas and would love to have him in our lineup, but I'd be much happier with him getting an extra week or two of rest and being able to come back at full health.

On the plus side, I have to imagine that we'll be a lock for the most ping pong balls in the draft lottery with Stackhouse and Arenas out for another month or more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts